Codename (M/M)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
bigsmile21
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Codename (M/M)

Post by bigsmile21 »

“I want a name, son. We’ve been at this for an hour and I’m starting to get cranky. We found you sneaking around the perimeter of our base close to 02:00 hours. No weapons. No gadgets. No identification or insignia. Just a black wetsuit, I assume you used to help brace against the cool ocean waters along our shoreline. And…a tan-line from a wedding ring. Wise not to bring your ring on a mission, son, but not if you get caught by someone attentive to details. Who sent you?

“I want a name, son. That can’t be comfortable, bound as you are. We put our recruits through similar discomfort as part of their conditioning, but having your hands tied behind your back with a rope winched taut to the ceiling is bound to take its physical and mental toll. ‘Bound’. Ha, see what I did there? Your ankles are cuffed close together and to the floor of this cell, so unless you have some hidden lockpicks you’re not going anywhere. You’re bent over and swaying like a seasick sailor, son. Who sent you?

“I want a name, son. This base is the very definition of ‘secret’. Only the highest level of intelligence knows of its existence, let alone location. We’ve been monitoring the water currents of the three neighboring countries, so you must be from one of them. Did you come here looking to gain intel on the intel gatherers? Were you sent to hijack our information? Or, did you plan on dismantling this base from within? Not likely, given the lack of weapons. Who sent you?

“I want a name, son. Which country’s ambassador should we reach out to? If we don’t know who to contact, it just delays your release. Now, smile for the camera. I’ll have one of my research techies run a facial recognition for anyone resembling you. Knowing you’re married will help narrow the search immensely. I don’t like diverting my men away from their duties to deal with you, but I’ll spare one researcher for an hour or two if it means finding out who you are. I’ll get a name, or at least a plea from you before the sun rises. And then I’ll at least have the dialect to help narrow the search. Who sent you?

“I want a name, son. I considered switching between the carrot and the stick. Ease up your restraints, get you comfortable. But I believe a direct approach is best. If anything, the rope will get tighter. You’ve got this base on high alert, which means tensions are high. Means my men are looking over their shoulder instead of focusing on their research. Why should you get to relax when they’re on the edge of their seats wondering if more of you are going to wash up on the shore? Who sent you?”
:)21
Charmides
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Charmides »

I really appreciate that you're willing to experiment with story formats, friend. The minimalistic/imagination-rich style of this story surprised me, and it's great to know that you don't mind trying new things. Thanks for posting, and I look forward to reading more of your stuff!
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

I completely agree with [mention]Charmides[/mention]! 😁
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic