Gym Bound (M/M)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
bigsmile21
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Gym Bound (M/M)

Post by bigsmile21 »

Since it was New Years, Darren wasn’t surprised to see an ad for gym memberships. This one caught his eye. It was a local place, with high-tech equipment and personal training plans. It helped that the models in the video looked like regular people and not fully-jacked bodybuilders. Being new, the place was offering free trials for the first 50 people who signed up. The ad ended, and Darren saved an appointment in his phone to visit the place first thing tomorrow, writing the name of the gym down: “Gym Bound” at 8 A.M. He then went back in and changed it to 7 A.M. It would be a pain to wake up earlier, but he wanted to commit to getting in shape. He watched a few more funny videos before trailing off to sleep.

At the gym, Darren had expected hordes of people. Since most of America has the same general New Years resolution of “go to the gym more” each year. They trickle off by February, back to their routine of pizza and binge-watching shows. He’d been one of those people, many years in a row. The gym looked exactly as advertised: clean, lots of equipment, and open space. He moved towards the reception desk, which had a large circular logo hanging on the wall behind it of a dumbbell wrapped in chains, the word “GYM” above the logo and the word “BOUND” below it. At the desk stood a man of medium build, average height, and average brown hair (not spiked up or fashioned in any way). The last gym he’d been in usually put the most ripped or attractive people at the front, and Darren was convinced they were placed there as lures. The man before him smiled.

“Welcome to Gym Bound, sir” the man said. “My name is Eli. How did you hear about us?”

“Last night, saw an ad for your trial.” Darren replied. “Is the 50 people window still open?”

“Yes, we’ve signed up roughly half so there’s plenty of space,” Eli said. “Would you like some more details?”

“Actually, that would be great,” Darren answered. Eli pulled up a two-sided black-and-white pamphlet. He started at the top.

“The building is two floors, as you probably saw from outside,” Eli started. “There’s treadmills, stationary bikes, bench presses, lifting stations, abdominal curling stations, and a variety of other equipment. This is our first location, which we opened last week. Not much sign-up traffic since most people have been out for the holidays, but you and a few other early birds have decided to start the year off right. We’re also hoping to incorporate some new technology for our clients.” Eli pulled his phone from his pocket and unlocked the screen. He turned it around some Darren could see.

“We have a Gym Bound app free for download. In it you can check out free workout videos, as well as reserve equipment. Care for a tour?”

Darren nodded, and Eli led him a few paces over to the nearest pull-up bar station. There was a safety and usage placard next to it, showing pictures of how to use the equipment properly. Above the placard was a large green light and four black 0s as if for a digital clock. Eli typed into his phone and Darren could see a picture of the same pull-up bar station on the screen, along with a gold box asking if he’d like to reserve it now or in the future. Eli click the gold box on his screen and entered “5 Minutes” as the time. A few seconds later, the green light above the station turned red. The 0s now showed 0500 and began counting down.

“That’s handy,” Darren said. “No more arguing over equipment or hovering for the person to finish.”

“Members can book most of the available equipment for up to an hour,” Eli said. “You can reserve different equipment in sequence to give your workout variety. Or you can select one of our pre-packaged workouts and follow the app around the gym until you’re done. Since you’d be one of our trial members, you’d also be given this.” He held up his left wrist to show a fitness watch. It had a circular screen, black wrist band, and it lit up when Eli tapped it.

“This will track your heart rate, estimated calories burned, and notify you when and where your next workout station will be.” Eli said.

“How much is the trial?” Darren asked, “Sorry to be blunt, just trying to get my head around the details.”

“Free for the first 50 members,” Eli responded. “You set when and how often you want to visit, and at the end of 3 months we see if you’d like to be a fulltime member. We ask that you stick to your commitment. If you reserve equipment but don’t show it can disrupt other people’s workouts.”

“Thank you so much for the info, Eli,” Darren said. “Can I go ahead and sign-up now?”

Eli smiled and walked them both back over to the reception desk. He got Darren’s signature, helped him download the app and set up his gym profile, and fitted him with a watch. The watch had several buckle holes, and would charge wirelessly in the gym. “That’s one way to bring you back,” Eli said with a grin. Outside the gym, its functions were limited so it used less battery.

Later, Darren was home scrolling through the Gym Bound app. It was a little glitchy, but he enjoyed the functionality. He decided to do three workouts a week: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, at 7 A.M. College classes would start back in two weeks, and he’d already planned to have those days off for studying. He’d asked a friend if he’d be interested in being his gym buddy, but unfortunately Tony wasn’t ready to kick his habit of eating delicious pizza.

That Thursday, Darren was in Gym Bound wearing black workout pants, a grey sweat-wicking T-shirt, and sneakers. He’d brought earbuds and his phone to listen to music, along with his new fitness watch. At home, he’d selected a cardio workout which would have him exclusively on the stationary bike. He wanted to start easy, then work up towards the lifting equipment.

He found the bike labeled Unit 003, matching the number he’d reserved. It had a red light and an hour on the timer. He sat, putting his feet in the straps, and pushed a few of the buttons but got no response. Then he remembered the directions placard. “Bike to start. This unit is user-powered” it read.

He started moving his feet in circles. Ten seconds later, the lights on the control panel lit up. He selected a standard workout for the time remaining, and he felt the foot pedals start to move in a more mechanical pace. The display on the control panel showed his heart rate, synched from his wrist watch, and distance traveled if he was biking. It also showed the amount of extra energy generated, not used by the machine.

During the hour, he took in more of the gym’s surroundings. He noticed subtle fluctuations in the overhead lights. He gathered that some of the cardio and resistance equipment could be used to power the gym. As he looked around, more of the members had piled in. Most were moving around from station to station at their own pace. No wonder the trial was free; the gym saved money on the electric bill by simply filling it with people. He finished his workout and hit the showers.

He took off the watch, found a stall, and washed off the sweat. He toweled off and headed home. The following workouts were similar, with Darren focusing on one or two stations each time. He sometimes didn’t want to get up but was starting to feel like he was in better shape. Seeing results a few weeks from now would help solidify his commitment.

He missed one of his scheduled Saturday workouts due to sleeping in, a little from being sore from the consistent workouts but also because he was still on vacation. He pulled up his app and went to add Sunday to his schedule to make up for it. That night, Darren went to take off his watch before his shower, but the buckle wouldn’t budge. He tapped the screen but instead of the usual clock the words “GYM BOUND” appeared.

He opened the app but it showed the same text, not responding in any other way. He deleted the app and tried to reinstall it but the text was the same, and now his watch wasn’t synching with the phone so it was just a black circular screen. He tried calling the gym.

“Hello, this is Gym Bound,” answered a familiar voice, Eli.

“Yes, my fitness watch from you won’t come off,” Darren said “I have a membership there and missed my session for today. How do I remove it?”

“You’ll need to come into the gym, sir,” Eli replied. “Outside the gym it won’t respond. Fortunately, we’re open 24/7.”

Half an hour later, Darren was back in the gym and met Eli at the reception desk. He explained why he’d missed his session. He recalled the process he took to try to remove the watch, the app, how both had shut down. Eli said the app would respond now, asking for Darren’s phone. Darren pulled it out and the words “MAKEUP SESSION” were now displayed on the screen. He felt a buzz on his left wrist and the same text displayed on his watch. He tried to remove the watch but the buckle stayed locked in place.

“We ask you to honor your commitment,” Eli said. “The stations you reserved went unused. At least three members flagged them in their app when they couldn’t access the equipment. Your membership has been placed on probation until you’re back on track.”

“I scheduled more time tomorrow,” Darren started. “I’m usually in here Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I missed today, so I’ll have tomorrow to replace what I missed.”

“You account will still show you as having missed a day,” Eli replied. “You’ll now have Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday as part of your regular workout schedule. But there’s time today to clear your account.”

“That’s frustrating,” Darren said. “I’ve got some clothes at home I can change into.”

“To be honest, sir,” Eli began, “you won’t have enough time to go home and back and still get in your required hour. The system is run by a computer and we’re not able to override it. Any delinquent accounts have their membership rights revoked. Plus, you booked a biking station, which are booked full and in use through the night.”

Darren’s heart sank. He’d liked this place. He’d liked the tech, the atmosphere, the productivity. He’d wrecked all of that for two hours of extra sleep. A month from now, he could just see himself vegging in front of the TV, Tony right beside him saying, “see, New Years resolutions are crap. No point in putting in the effort.”

“I guess cancel my account, then,” Darren said.

“If you’d like,” Eli started, “we have some additional equipment and spare workout clothes downstairs just for this occasion.”

“There’s a downstairs?” Darren asked.

“Yes,” Eli replied. “We’d built that in for any overflow and for members who want to clear their slates and stay with us. Follow me, sir.”

Eli began walking towards the “Staff Only” door to the right of the reception desk. Immediately there was a set of stairs. Elliot flipped a switch and the lights turned on. As they descended two flights of stairs, Darren could hardly hear any movement or grunting from members working out above him. At the bottom of the stairs was another door. When they went through and turned on the lights Darren saw a large central room filled with equipment. It looked like one set of equipment for each station upstairs. To the side, facing a large TV screen was the stationary bike he’d need to clear his account.

Darren was handed a set of clothes Eli must have gotten while he was staring around the room. Running pants, a black long-sleeved thin layered shirt, socks, and a jock strap. Eli said the bike down here had foot covers so there wasn’t a need for shoes. Darren was directed to the side wall where he saw a changing station. Eli looked at his watch, not-so-subtly, and Darren moved quickly towards to change. The clothes fit for the most part, though those types of shirts were always tight. He set his regular clothes down and moved towards the bike.

It looked just like the bike upstairs, only with larger pedals. He sat down and inserted his feet into the straps. Eli pulled out Darren’s phone from his clothes on the ground and synched up his account with the station. The light above the bike turned from green to red, and the timer read 0000.

“I’d reserved the bike for 30 minutes and the treadmill for 30 minutes,” Darren said.

“The timers down here are busted, sorry,” Eli replied. “That’s partly why this equipment is down here. But rest assured that you can switch stations when you’ve cleared your account.”

Darren sighed and started moving his feet in the stirrups. Ten seconds later the bike’s control panel lit up and Darren selected his usual routine and resistance.

Darren never left that room, unfortunately. After what felt like 45 minutes, he tried to stop. He found that the straps around his feet had cinched tight. He tried to yell for Eli but was too far underground for anyone to hear him. His phone was still sitting on top of his regular clothes which were on the other side of the room. His watch still showed “MAKEUP SESSION”. His feet were still pedaling slightly. He noticed the bike wasn’t slowing down, even if he let his legs go slack.

By the end of the night, Darren was too exhausted to put up a fight when Eli returned. Darren would be the first of many “delinquent accounts”, now turned human batteries for Gym Bound.
:)21
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

That was fun and a bit creepy. Everything feels a bit off, because its obvious that something will happen at some point, and there is only interaction with Eli. For some reason thos creates an image in my mind of my gym, but with noone there. I feel like the words "in the Twilight Zone" are missing at the very end. :D

It's also just nice to have a story about a different way of being tied up. The short length is an additional plus and I like how the twist comes only at the very end.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

I agree, it's creepy but it sounds so hot at the same time. Eli makes sure you keep your gym commitments.
Deleted User 300

Post by Deleted User 300 »

Awesome.

Something new, I like it!

This could have won the Halloween competition imo.
bigsmile21
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by bigsmile21 »

FelixSH wrote: 5 years ago That was fun and a bit creepy. Everything feels a bit off, because its obvious that something will happen at some point, and there is only interaction with Eli. For some reason thos creates an image in my mind of my gym, but with noone there. I feel like the words "in the Twilight Zone" are missing at the very end. :D

It's also just nice to have a story about a different way of being tied up. The short length is an additional plus and I like how the twist comes only at the very end.
Thanks for the feedback! Juggled whether to tease some of the bondage towards the beginning of the story; trying some different writing formats. Glad you stuck with it!
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

I love this story! I look forward to seeing more!!!
Meac
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Meac »

This was particularly ominous all the way through. The story drove itself to the very end just by teasing the reader - I could call this the slow version of a cliffhanger. I like it!
bigsmile21
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by bigsmile21 »

Meac wrote: 4 years ago This was particularly ominous all the way through. The story drove itself to the very end just by teasing the reader - I could call this the slow version of a cliffhanger. I like it!
Appreciate the feedback!
NeedControl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by NeedControl »

Indeed, I agree that throughout it has a subtle ominous feeling reminiscent of the Twilight zone, which was enticing and suspenseful.

You do such a good job developing your characters and the settings for each successive scene; I really enjoy reading your stories!

I think I would have been happy to have read more about what additional bondage, restraint, and forced situations he was subjected to. I'm looking forward to reading more from you whenever you bless us next! 😁
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic