Moral Quandaries M/M (New Chapter 2/18/24) (Concluded)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

wataru14 wrote: 2 months ago The desire for Bastien to get comeuppance is understandable, and warranted, but so many seem OK with condemning poor Andrej to a life of misery. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Have we considered the possibility that Andrej betrays Bastien? Maybe he wants his freedom back and tips the scales in favour of Gerald. Maybe Gerald promised him something? An ending with Bastien, Sarge, and Gerald all enslaved as payback for running a kidnapping ring and Andrej free to go back to being a professor wouldn't be that bad now would it?
Banner by bondagefreak --- Link to my stories: Click Here

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Guardianbound wrote: 2 months ago
wataru14 wrote: 2 months ago The desire for Bastien to get comeuppance is understandable, and warranted, but so many seem OK with condemning poor Andrej to a life of misery. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Have we considered the possibility that Andrej betrays Bastien? Maybe he wants his freedom back and tips the scales in favour of Gerald. Maybe Gerald promised him something? An ending with Bastien, Sarge, and Gerald all enslaved as payback for running a kidnapping ring and Andrej free to go back to being a professor wouldn't be that bad now would it?
Unfortunately, @Guardianbound, that outcome seems unlikely! However, Andrej returning to work being a Professor is definitely likely if Bastien is victorious. Remember, previous polling ended with Andrej being not just Bastien's houseboi, but his husband as well, and Andrej had previously expressed a desire to return to work, which Bastien as considering. It's doubtful that Gerard will honor such requests...
My M/M Stories Here
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

I'm not fully caught up but I've still been keeping tabs on this story's posts and would like to drop my own two cents, for whatever that's worth.

I'd like to remind you guys that there's nothing even remotely antidemocratic about trying to sway others to vote a certain way, most notably by presenting arguments in favour or against certain options. Political parties in democratic nations spend weeks and sometimes even months trying to convince and sway voters during electoral campaigns.

I'd also like to point out that very few voters and commentators pay any notice to the comments left by fellow readers. Some do, but not the majority. Most simply vote for what they want on the spot and don't scan the comments to try and see if others have different arguments. Nothing stops you guys from elaborating your thoughts in the comments and tagging all your fellow readers to try and reach as many of them as possible. Again, there's nothing anti-democratic about that. Both sides are given that same opportunity, hence are on equal footing.

Were I caught up and up to date, I'd be campaigning quite vehemently for/against a certain option if my desired choice appeared to be losing. Just putting that out there.
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

All I'm saying is that for Andrej to end up involuntarily enslaved by a ruthless consortium through no fault of his own, is a pretty horrible thing. The man is grieving over his dead wife, and now it looks like he has nothing but a one-way ticket to a life as a sex toy for some faceless businessman that cares nothing for him. It just seems... wrong. Wanting comeuppance for Bastien is one thing, and Sarge deserves it too, but resigning an innocent to that life leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I realize it's probably too late to change anything now, but I just had to say that. I trust gag1195 to deliver an expertly written finale, but still, is that really how people want it to end?
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

Massive thanks to @bondagefreak for always encouraging engagement on the forum!

To pull back the curtain a bit, I was initially very hesitant to write this story. This reader dependent, voting/engagement story worried me. I'd seen other stories on the forum try and similar approach, to varying degrees of success. Different attempts to boost engagement- polls, minimum comment requirements, voting in the comments. I had a story I wanted to tell, one that I didn't want killed by lack of engagement. So I settled on requiring a minimum of 10 votes for each poll. Which has been successful (mostly), but also meant there was no strong incentive for comments. It's been said before by other writers, better writers than me, but getting comments and engagement are the lifeblood of these stories. I live for the comments I get, I love seeing what people think about my work, my characters, my plots. But I was worried about requiring comments for the story to continue.

I remain blown away by the support this story has received, and the amount of votes most of the polls got! All but one poll garnered 15+ votes! This current poll is sitting at over 40 votes! I am beyond grateful for that continued engagement! I've seen other stories from popular writers on this forum try using polls, and receive limited response and many times not even break the double digits in votes. For most of my polls here to average 20 votes is fantastic, in my opinion! I truly do not want to diminish the voting! You all have rocked it out!

But, like @bondagefreak, I do wish we could see more people stepping up and commenting, especially sharing their opinion and campaigning/debating their ideas and choices! In the very first poll of this story, the Cliff and Andrej choices were deadlocked and continually vied for the top spot, until the bitter end, thanks in part to the campaigning and discussions happening in comments! @Pup Wingletang's campaigning especially, succeeded in keeping the vote tied until almost the end, and I actively saw in increase in Cliff votes after his campaigning!

@wataru14 and other frequent commenters have shared their thoughts and ideas, and I love them for it! But, over 40 people have voted in this poll, and I certainly haven't had near that many people commenting! All this to say, we are closing in on 24 hours left to vote in this poll! No matter the outcome, please show your support, share your ideas, you might convince someone! I appreciate every vote, and especially every comment!
My M/M Stories Here
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Well said. I've always tried to make sure to comment on each story I read, and certainly if they're one that has really gotten me engaged with the story and characters like this one has. I'm still hoping for a last minute push for the Victory vote but seems resigned to read the 'bad' ending. Certainly most excited about seeing how you meet the challenge of the final chapter and I'm sure that no matter what result wins, I'll love what you write for the conclusion.
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Yesssss! Commenting truly does help grease the wheels of writing and inspiration!
@gag1195 I'm super duper proud of you for this story - the very premise is ambitious for a writer and you've pulled it off with style!

If you enjoy a story, I mean, it's only right to comment. You don't need to write an essay, but a little something goes a long, long way.
wataru14 wrote: 2 months agoI trust gag1195 to deliver an expertly written finale, but still, is that really how people want it to end?
Far be it from me, with all my bias towards my Company, to play devil's advocate, but I really am intrigued here. Remember that when you're dealing with such a "ruthless consortium", that Bastien's loss does not necessarily mean Gerard's victory. By upending the status quo, I'm certain he'll have some explaining to do with the Company, and it may not turn out in his favor...

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

Volobond wrote: 2 months ago Far be it from me, with all my bias towards my Company, to play devil's advocate, but I really am intrigued here. Remember that when you're dealing with such a "ruthless consortium", that Bastien's loss does not necessarily mean Gerard's victory. By upending the status quo, I'm certain he'll have some explaining to do with the Company, and it may not turn out in his favor...
Oh, I'm sure that there will be far-reaching and exciting ramifications. But Bastien vs. Gerard isn't my concern here. Whichever one of them "wins" is fine with me. But there's an innocent involved here. I felt the same about the cop a while back. I actually voted for what became his enslavement, mostly because I read the choices wrong and didn't understand what "give him to Sarge" entailed.

Maybe I'm just too soft for scenarios like this.
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

wataru14 wrote: 2 months ago Maybe I'm just too soft for scenarios like this.
It's that softness we love you for, friend! Never lose it!

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

wataru14 wrote: 2 months ago
Volobond wrote: 2 months ago Far be it from me, with all my bias towards my Company, to play devil's advocate, but I really am intrigued here. Remember that when you're dealing with such a "ruthless consortium", that Bastien's loss does not necessarily mean Gerard's victory. By upending the status quo, I'm certain he'll have some explaining to do with the Company, and it may not turn out in his favor...
Oh, I'm sure that there will be far-reaching and exciting ramifications. But Bastien vs. Gerard isn't my concern here. Whichever one of them "wins" is fine with me. But there's an innocent involved here. I felt the same about the cop a while back. I actually voted for what became his enslavement, mostly because I read the choices wrong and didn't understand what "give him to Sarge" entailed.

Maybe I'm just too soft for scenarios like this.
I believe both options are bad for Andrej. Ending the story with Andrej living with the man who kidnapped and brainwashed Andrej into loving him wouldn't be right. Selling him off to a random businessman wouldn't be that much better too. It seems that we have to rely on Master V and his powers give Andrej the good ending he deserves, as well as delivering justice to Bastien, Sarge and Gerald.

Does @gag1195 have a communication channel with Master V though ;) and will he be able to convince him to be kind towards Andrej. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

@Guardianbound Master V has been relentlessly asking @gag1195 if Sarge can be sent to him pretty please for ownership, so we'll have to see ;) ;) ;)

gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

The Final Poll as officially ended! How will Bastien's story end?

Victory: 19 Votes

Enslavement: 24 Votes

I am blown away! Truly! 43 votes! I feel honored that so many of you cared enough about this story to vote on its outcome! And my goodness, the intensity of this poll! remained close or even deadlocked for most of it! But, you mean, mean readers (joking!... mostly :lol: ) decided that Bastien's story will end in Enslavement!

I am hard at work on the finale of Moral Quandaries!
My M/M Stories Here
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

@Socksbound @DeeperThanRed @KidnappedCowboy @Volobond @cj2125 @MountainMan_91 @Msueta@2 @squirrel @Pup Wingletang @tugfan @TightsBound @szlm1515 @ohazut @gaggedfeety @MaxRoper @Donbrown @TayDay95 @ShortSocks @bondagefreak @blackbound @LockedCheeseBird @NeedControl @Jason07 @privateandrews @Canuck100 @jackroper @fratboydanny @wataru14 @TightropesEU @AbductedAddiction @dahanband @socjuc @harukatsukino @Bradstick @Guardianbound @Wedgieboy69 @george_bound @Shadowtied2294 @DuctTapeIsSilver @BDBrit @AznSwimmer @Straitjacketed @OrdinaryWorld @Boundguys97 @_zin_ @Sockgaggedman @Bootmark @TickleTorture @ATOne @noescape @harveygasson

Well, for better or worse, we finally arrive at the end of the story. I want to sincerely thank everyone who helped make this story what it is. The voting, the commenting, the campaigning, the debating. This story really would not be what is is without you all! Thank you for tackling these Moral Quandaries with me! Even if this isn't the ending you voted on, I hope everyone enjoys the final chapter of Moral Quandaries! Thank you for supporting me and this story!

Part 23: The End?

Gerard looked a mess. Cheek already swelling from my repeated blows. Lip bruised and bleeding. Hair disheveled and unkempt from where I had gripped it. Panting, ragged breaths. Favoring one side as he slowly inched toward me. Exhausted. Not that I was faring much better. Even without a mirror, I knew I was much the same. Bruised, beaten, bloody, barely standing.

I waited against the wall. This was the ultimate goal, for both of us. One way or another, one of us was going to be chained here. I didn’t need to move. My prey was willingly coming to me. I was going to make him a permanent fixture on this wall. I was going to win. I had to. Not for me, but for Andrej.

I dared not steal a glance at my perfect slave. I couldn’t afford that distraction. But I knew he was watching me. Watching his Master fight for him, for us. I was going to win because I had something to fight for. What did Gerard have? Carter? His agency? His status in this fucked up Company?

Gerard staggered towards me, arms raised, poised to strike. I raised my arms in kind, ready to defend, ready to strike back. Ready to win.

A jab at my stomach, a deflection. Both of us moving slowly. Determined as we both are, high stakes as this situation is, we are both drained. This fight cannot go on much longer. I land another punch against Gerard’s head, disorienting him. My window, my opportunity. I follow up with another grab, but he sidesteps, hurling his own swing in retaliation.

His swing turns into a grab of his own. His fingers hold tight to my leather jacket, but his arm is shaking. I lean away, almost losing my balance as I struggle free from Gerard’s grip. I push back, lunging us both back against the wall. Both of us clawing, grasping, reaching, struggling, trying to get the other trapped in the dangling cuffs. Neither willing to give up.

Gerard finds a second wind, a reserve of determination and lashes out with a flurry of blows. My face, chest, stomach, side, all assaulted with a strength I doubted he still had. His hand closes in a vise grip around my wrist. Dragging my arm up towards my doom. I pull, I claw, I punch. I couldn’t break free.

It can’t end this way. It can’t.

A flash of movement. Gerard released his hold, fell to the floor. Andrej was on him, bringing his bound hands down on an already beaten Gerard. My perfect boi was trying to protect me.

Gerard caught Andrej’s attack, grabbing the tied wrists and rolling my sweet Andrej onto his back. But instead of matching blows with the bound professor, Gerard’s hands lock around Andrej’s neck.

Choking, suffocating. Andrej tries sucking in as much air as he can through his nose with his mouth still trapped behind the muzzle.

I can’t think straight anymore. I lunge, my only desire is to remove Gerard from on top of my Andrej. An elbow to Gerard’s face, a satisfying hit into his eye. All three of us tumble, limb over bound limb. My hands find Gerard’s hair again, and I drag him away.

A punch to his gut and I leave him doubled over. I rush back to Andrej, fiddling with the muzzle, trying to free my perfect boi from the restrictive headgear. Andrej needed air, I needed to help him. Locked. Of course the muzzle is locked. No key, no freedom, no air.

I am off my feet. Gerard slamming me into the wall. Wind knocked out of me. Leather cuff wrapping around my wrist.

I had lost. Gerard had used my weakness, my Andrej against me.

“NO!” It’s the only word I can form. I struggle against the shackle, the chain, the wall. All are unyielding. I flail wildly with my free hand, trying desperately to fight back, to win. It’s too late.

Gerard caught my arm and fought, pinning me against the wall completely. The second cuff locked around my wrist. Utter defeat.

I scream, I rage, I curse Gerard. Even as he fits another muzzle around my head, even as I attempt to fight back, shaking my head, kicking. I am powerless to stop the leather from entering my mouth, from the straps being tightened, from the buckle being locked. A leather collar locked around my neck solidifies the end.

No, it can’t end this way. I couldn’t be the end of mine and Andrej’s story! We had made it. We were happy. Andrej was trained and perfect and happy. I was going to let him return to work. I was going to marry him. He would wear my ring on his finger, my chain around his neck. He was going to love me and I love him.

I pulled against the chains, straining, struggling, fighting, trying to claw my way back to that future. That dream. Trying to escape this nightmare. Gerard stood in my way.

Andrej was crying. The tears rolling down, over the muzzle, his sobs joining my muffled screaming.

Gerard poured another glass of wine and pulled out his cell phone. A short conversation. “New development… Assistance requested… much to discuss…”

Gerard left me to fight, trapped on the wall. He produced another coil of rope and hunched over the weeping form of Andrej. A simple but effective frogtie, keeping his new slave contained. Dragged across the floor to my feet, Andrej nuzzled my leg.

Gerard collected Sarge’s leash, bringing my friend to heel as he settled victoriously back into his chair. He buzzed for a houseboi. Ice packs, bandages, and painkillers were produced. Gerard was in the process of treating himself when there was a knock on the door.

Porter entered, followed by Maxim. I huffed. Of course. Maxim was part of this Company. Of course he was. Gerard had confirmed as much before our fight. Surplus was Company funded. Just how many members were employees of this organization?

Maxim looked near as exhausted as myself or Gerard, save the bruising. I suspect that his and Heath’s night continued long after our session ended. He was dressed plainly, for him. Simple dress shirt and suit vest.

He looked at me, then to Andrej at my feet, then to Sarge still kneeling next to Gerard. He stared at the various bruises on Gerard and sighed. “Long night, Gerard?” Maxim asked impassively.

“Fuck you, Maxim.” Gerard glared back.

“You look like shit.” Maxim stepped closer to me. Was that directed at Gerard or me?

“I got the job done. Cleaned up.” Gerard sipped his wine, knocking back a few pain pills.

Maxim continued to stare, as if assessing merchandise. Which he was. “Cleaned up, yet still so messy.”

“Again, fuck you.” Gerard groaned. “Not in the mood. What’s next?”

Maxim wheeled on the agent. “I care little for your mood. Don’t forget your place here, Consultant.” Maxim sighed again. “Next is more clean up. More work to do.”

Maxim moved around the office commandingly. A bottle, a syringe. He strode back to me. My eyes went wide.

“I’m sorry Bastien, Master Aegis. You put up a good fight.” Maxim whispered, sticking the needle into my neck.

“Nnmmmmpf!” I tried to fight, tried to stay present. Consciousness faded, eyelids heavy. I felt a reassuring hand against my muzzled cheek. Hands pressed against my leg.

Blackness. Silence.

—--

Lavender. Light, soothing, calming, comforting.

Leather. Sturdy, warm, masculine, enveloping.

Consciousness was difficult to maintain. A purple haze clouding the mind, the senses. I couldn’t move, didn’t want to.

“Submission. You were made for Submission. Submit. You were made to submit. Obedience. You were made for obedience. Obey. You were made to obey.”

A mantra. Continually repeated. My mantra. Repeated again and again in my mind. I hummed the mantra out. Breathed in the intoxicating mix of lavender and leather. I was content. I was safe.

—--

Fight was gone. Struggle nonexistent. Straining unnecessary.

How long had it been, had I been? Who was to say? The violet fog sheltered me, protected me. I repeated my mantra. Again and again.

I slept. No, that’s not quite right. I floated. A traveled without moving. A dreamless wandering to nowhere.

Leather. Lavender. Submission. Obedience. Floating through the fog.

—--

Hands on me, around me. Limbs being moved, repositioned, secured. The fog lifting, drifting back to the edge of my mind. Consciousness returning.

Mantra quieting. Lavender diminishing. Yet curiously, leather intensifying.

My senses return. I blink more of the haze away, feel control of myself returning to me. Almost. I attempt to stand and I cannot. My legs refuse to cooperate. Unable to listen to my commands. Similarly, my arms will not listen either. I look down.

I’m seated. My arms are wrapped around my front and held securely, trapped in a snugly tight straitjacket. I feel the locks of the tightly fastened straps digging into my back. My legs likewise are secured, pressed together in a leather leg sack, tightly strapped together and locked. I feel the leather muzzle strapped around my head and bulging into my mouth. I feel the collar, tightened just enough to be uncomfortable, around my neck. I even feel my hands trapped in leather mitts within the straitjacket. I feel the cool metal squeezing around my member.

Thorough. Complete. Secure. I am almost completely encased in inescapable leather. The chair I’m in begins to move. A wheelchair of sorts. Leather padded, straps holding me firmly in place. The person pushing my chair doesn’t speak, doesn’t acknowledge my presence, my returning consciousness. Another slave? Another? That’s what I am now, isn’t it? My mantra returns to my mind, unbidden. Yes. I am a slave. It feels equally natural and incorrect to admit this, but it is the truth. It's impossible to fight this.

The haze lifts even more, yet the mantra remains. I am moving through a darkened hallway. Surplus. I’m still in Surplus. How long has it been since my defeat? How long have I been in Sarge’s violet room? Gerard’s violet room? Was the talent agent still the Master of Surplus?

The door to the Master’s office opens. But no one is sitting behind the desk. Instead, Gerard and Maxim are talking in low voices in the comfortable chairs off to the side of the office. The same chairs I once shared with Sarge in our conversations, the same chair Gerard was lounging in with his feet on my Andrej.

Andrej! I look around frantically, mantra forgotten, fog cleared completely. I don’t see him. He’s not in the office. I whimper. He’s gone. Gerard promised me that he’d send Andrej far away, prisoner to a truly depraved soul. Suffering, languishing.

“See, Maxim?” Gerard speaks up. “His training has not quite finished. He’s a fighter, but we are making progress.” He's healed well since our fight, most swelling and bruising all but gone, and is once again having a hard time keeping his shirt closed.

“Not fast enough for the Company’s liking, Gerard.” Maxim replies coldly. But the lawyer looks at me with sympathy.

Gerard doesn’t notice, or if he does, he doesn’t comment. “In due time. You cannot rush delicate things like this.”

“I can. The Company can. Patience in regards to all of this is wearing quite thin. As it is, it’s taken a month to finish cleaning up the mess caused by you, Sarge, and poor Bastien here.”

“Poor Bastien, indeed.” Gerard snorts. “But it is done, is it not? An impressive procurement, isn’t it? An impressive collection!”

“The collection is quite impressive, that much is true. The act of collecting is far from what I, or my superiors, would call impressive.” he stands, not waiting for Gerard. “Well, shall we continue? You brought Bastien out of his training for this, so let’s begin.”

“Uh,” Gerard stutters, clearly flustered by Maxim’s indifference, “this is the next part of his training!”

“So you say.” Maxim walks past my chair and flashes me another kind look. “It appears more like gloating over a fallen foe.”

Gerard doesn’t respond, grumbling to himself as he follows Maxim out into the main room of Surplus. I am wheeled behind them, confused by their conversation, worry over my Andrej distracting me.

Gerard has no need to gloat. I’ve been his prisoner now for a month, if Maxim is to be believed. I have no fight left in me, wrapped in leather and locks. I belong to him, in body and almost in mind. My mantra continues to repeat in the back of my head. What else is there to gloat about?

That answer comes when I am turned in my chair to face the stage in Surplus’ main room. The club is mostly empty, but it is hard what time it is. The only people in Surplus are Gerard and Maxim, and the slaves, those belonging to Surplus, and those on the stage, staring down at us.

The stage lights are off, leaving the players in shadow. But I recognize them immediately. My breath catches, my eyes refuse to look away. Gerard sees my reaction and smiles. He places a hand on my shoulder and presses down firmly.

“Are you ready to face your failure, Bastien?” Gerard leans in. “As Maxim said, it’s been quite the month, cleaning up your mess.”

“His, Sarge’s, and yours.” Maxim corrects, placing a more gentle, reassuring hand on my other shoulder. “But, I like you, Bastien. I respect you. I see it as only fair that you understand what is happening here. Gerard may view this as humiliation, salt in the wound, but I want to present it as an educational opportunity. You came close to being on our side of this process. I would honor that tenacity.”

One of the stage lights flicks on, illuminating the first two figures on the otherwise shadowy platform. Jake and Benji stand there, each fettered in shoulder-to-wrist restraints, leather straps and cuffs holding their hands behind them and secured via chest and shoulder straps. Leather ankle restraints connected by chain keep them from bolting, and matching black ball gags keep them silenced. They are both collared, the thin but secure leather locked around their necks, a chain connecting their collars together. The pair grunt and groan at me, Jake glaring angrily, Benji begging and whining.

“Two young, attractive college boys.” Maxim narrates to me. “Always popular products. Not on the Company’s radar until they became embroiled with you and Andrej, Bastien. But welcome additions to our supply nonetheless. Impressive acquisitions, Bastien. Though not your intention, you were well on your way in training them. Thus, these two knew too much and had to be collected.”

Collected? Jake and Benji sold into slavery as well? What about their school, their jobs, their families? Maxim sees the confusion on my face and chuckles.

“Rest assured, Bastien, the Company has the time, personnel, and resources to ensure smooth and clean breaks between the old and new lives of the procured. Jake’s connection to his college was tenuous at best thanks to his poor grades and loss of his scholarship. It was easy enough to plant enough seeds on his social media and search history, as well as emails, to convince anyone who cares that Jake is taking something of a gap year. A road trip across the country. Limited communication, limited cell service, a desire to disconnect and reevaluate himself. Benji, of course, couldn’t let him go alone. Ever the devoted friend. It’ll be months before anyone thinks to look for them, and when they do, what trail will they follow? Where will they start looking? The college will quietly close their admission, the landlord will reach out to emergency contacts to claim belongings, police will be called to start searching. Too late. The pair will be gone. At least to the world.”

Maxim releases his grip on my shoulder and walks up the steps and joins Jake and Benji in the limelight. “And where will these two young men be? A fellow Company fellow has put in a bid for the pair. It would be a shame to separate such a close pair, after all. Paul Webber, owner and proprietor of another establishment similar to Surplus, Club Prometheus, has use for new talent, new toys for his own cliente.”

He motions, and another spotlight shines on the next figure. Ortiz, dressed in uniform, restrained with metal shackles and chains, a bit gag turning his minimal complaints into mumbling moans. He shifted, and the chains rattled. Maxim cupped the cop’s chin in his hand.

“Poor Ortiz. Wanted to make positive change in a corrupt field. Investigated the wrong man. Paid the price. A shame. Thankfully, most of the work for this one was done for us. Ortiz’s leave will simply be extended reports of his own medical malaise keeping him away. Eventually, his force will forget about him, if they haven’t already. In the meantime, we have a client in Europe that absolutely loves American Police Officers. Starting a collection. Paid nearly double Ortiz’s asking price.” Ortiz trembled, his chains continuing to rattle.

Maxim left him and moved further along the stage, light following. The next glowing circle revealing yet another familiar face. Handsome young Carter, cuffed wrists locked to thigh restraints, standing perfectly balanced as the rest of his body was trapped in tight leather straps and belts. Chest, stomach, thighs, calves, ankles, all encircled in securely tightened and locked leather.

“And here we have one of Gerard’s failures. Promising young actor, critic’s choice to watch, desired by many, including a few choice west coast clients. Some actors dislike competition from young-guns like Carter here. But the Company has standards that Carter doesn’t meet. His drug use mars his value. He’s still bound for Hollywood, though! The Company is in need of knowledgeable employees for its burgeoning film division. Industry experts with connections are quite valuable. A black mark on Gerard’s record as well.”

I feel Gerard release my shoulder and step back, and Maxim winks at me. Is Maxim still on my side somehow? He’s clearly not happy with Gerard. I dare not hope. He tries to cover his embarrassment. “Carter was Aegis’ first client. He’s damaged goods, alright, and like those college boys, has enough of a connection to Bastien that he needs to disappear too!” Gerard smugly smiles, even as Carter balks at what his former Master is saying. Maxim is less than impressed and stares daggers at his colleague, silencing further comments from Gerard.

The next light reveals another pair, kneeling. Sarge and Danny. Sarge still sporting the puppy gear he was in when I saw him a month ago, the same gear he’d spent the last few months in. He seemed almost content as he was now. His leash hung loose from his collar. Danny was a match for his almost Master, an unhappy little puppy. He pawed at the air with his mitted hands and shook his leather snout, trying to free himself unsuccessfully. The two leather pups leaned in to nuzzle each other. Maxim steps in between them, forcing them apart.

“Another failure, a disappointment. Sarge had such potential. Compromised. By you, Bastien, innocent though you were in this instance. Gerard explained to you the purpose of Surplus, yes? A retreat, a playground for Company members and their acquisitions. A much needed release, no pretense or hiding needed. And a place for training and procuring new product. But Sarge was greedy, wasn’t he? Tried keeping you for himself, didn’t he? Strung Gerard and the rest of the Company along in his failed procurement of you, Bastien. Strike one. Then aided his failed procurement in stealing one Andrej Stankovic, another Company target. Strike two. And finally, claimed young Danny here as his own personal slave and partner, even knowing that Danny was promised to an important client. Strike three.”

Maxim gently pets Sarge’s head, scratching the pup behind the ear. “Thankfully, Sarge hasn’t existed for years, at least not officially. Makes it so much easier for him to disappear.” Maxim moves to pet Danny, who resists the lawyer’s touch. “Danny, however, is another matter. Well connected family, trust fund baby. Asked mommy and daddy for an increase in his monthly sum. Claims he wanted to broaden his horizons. Explore new places, new ideas. Globe trotting is so rewarding, but so dangerous. It’s a shame that the Company won’t be able to cash his trust fund much longer.”

He grabbed Sarge’s and Danny’s leashes and held them tight, forcing both pups up, whimpering. “Sarge here is bound for bigger and better things. All the way up the Company hierarchy. There’s been some shake ups in Company leadership in recent months. Our new Owner is very hands on and has specifically requested that Sarge be sent to him to continue his training. Danny is going with him, an incentive to behave, a reward to strive for.”

The final light. The final reveal. My heart is sinking. My heart is breaking.

Andrej. My perfect Andrej. The simple uniform, the simple restraints I kept him in. leather cuffs around his wrists, biceps, thighs, ankles. His collar. A devonshire panel gag. Simple locks holding his wrists together, his ankles together. His eyes are puffy, his cheeks flush from crying.

It's the first time I struggle against my restraints since regaining my consciousness. I need to reach him, comfort him, save him. Take him home and never let him out of my sight. But I can’t. I am a useless leather gimp, able only to move my head and neck. Powerless to call out, to beg, bargain, plead, demand. Powerless to fight Gerard or Maxim or this terrible Company. Powerless to help my perfect, petrified Andrej.

All my mistakes, brightly illuminated before me. Jake and Benji, fools in the wrong place at the wrong time. Thorns in my side and victims of my plans, caught up in something much larger than all of us. Ortiz, zealous rookie trying to do the right thing. Barked up the wrong tree, silenced to protect me. Carter, punished for the crime of being chosen by Aegis, and for the crime of Gerard’s neglect. Sarge and Danny, condemned for greed. I don’t know what my feelings are toward Sarge, after it all. He’d been tasked with enslaving me, collecting me for this Company. But he’d planned on keeping me for himself. What would his plans for me have been if things had turned out differently? And Danny, smitten by Sarge, seduced by Surplus, paying the price for his affection. And Andrej, innocent, perfect, sweet, sincere, intelligent, curious, loving Andrej. Molded to perfection. Lost. Forsaken. Mine no longer.

Maxim sighs and places a gentle hand on Andrej’s shoulder. A reassuring squeeze, much like the gesture he gave me. “Andrej Stankovic, widower. Professor of Eastern European Literature, formerly. Slave of Bastien Durand, formerly. In just a few days, Professor Stankovic’s cabin rental will expire and campground employees will find his belongings abandoned, left behind. Evidence of hikes and nearby places to camp will be laid out on the table. A manhunt will commence. It will be ruled that the poor professor went missing in the woods, presumed dead, though no body will ever be recovered. The university will mourn, his students will grieve. He has very few relatives in Serbia, so his house and most of the contents will pass to his wife’s family. Some items will be given to his neighbor and close friend, Bastien, who will not take the news of his friend’s death well. Bastien will leave for a trip to Serbia, to better connect to his friend’s culture.” He rubs Andrej’s arms and shoulders, an attempt at a calming massage. “The Company will quietly maintain ownership of Bastien’s home, a useful safehouse for procurers in the area or passing through. You, Bastien, will remain here with Gerard, the current Master of Surplus. And Andrej, as of this morning”, he pauses and levels his gaze not at me, but at Gerard, “ will come with me as my new slave.”

“What?” Gerard speaks up for the first time since his Carter comment, matching my own confusion.

Maxim descends the stage, leaving the seven men bound in the blinding light. “Yes, my slave. Put in my bid, and it was approved a few hours ago. When our business concludes here today, I’ll be bringing Andrej home with me. Heath has been wanting to expand his restraint skills, and I think he and Andrej would get on wonderfully.”

Gerard was clearly not happy. I knew why. He wanted to punish me using Andrej, sending him away to a ruthless and evil Master. Maxim had saved me that anguish. He’d saved Andrej from a terrible fate. Hadn’t he?

Maxim turned to the nameless houseboi behind me. “Please wheel Bastien back to the office and have Andrej brought in.” The houseboi nodded and I began to move. I just here Maxim giving more instructions, to Gerard this time. “Your little display is done. Process these six, then continue Bastien’s training as scheduled. Eight procurements, and all to cover up shame and embarrassment for the Company. Go.”

I’m in the office before I can hear any of Gerard’s reply, but Maxim joins me momentarily, standing before me. He waves the houseboi away and I hear the door close. We’re alone. He sighs again, and begins unlocking my muzzle.

“I can only give us a few minutes. I’m sorry it came to this, Bastien. I wished you would have taken the deal, but I understand why things happened this way. On some level, I respect the choice you made. That’s why I stepped in to help. I promise that I will take care of Andrej. Heath and I will look after him. I didn’t lie, what I said to Gerard. Heath wants to work on his rope skills, and I think the two of them will be good for the other. Had things turned out differently, the four of us would be frequent playmates.”

The muzzle removed, but a hand over my mouth. I don’t fight. “I ask that you endure as long as you can. Pieces are moving. The Company is not happy with how things unfolded here. Gerard may not be in charge as long as he expects to be. I can’t promise what will happen, to you, or Surplus, or Gerard. So instead I ask for patience.” Maxim removes his hand, and adds, “Speak quickly, quietly, what can I do before we separate?”

A flood of thoughts rush through my mind. Free me, springs forth. Loosen my restraints, give me a fighting chance. Rewind time, take Gerard down in my stead. No, none of those are possible now. I think about the life I wanted with Andrej, the life I planned, the happiness we were supposed to have. I thought about our Christmas celebration, a turning point for us.

“On my nightstand, there is a coin. It is special, from Christmas. I planned on linking it on a sturdy chain, for Andrej to wear out in public in place of his slave’s collar. I planned on proposing with that coin. Please, make sure Andrej wears it around his neck, knows my intention.” My voice catches in my throat. My eyes plead with Maxim, my singular hope now.

He nods. “I will, Bastien. Andrej will know. And I promise, again, to keep him safe.” He fixes the muzzle back in place just as the door opens again and Andrej hobbles in.

We watch each other. Muffled apologies, garbled promises, strained cries. I am wheeled away, back to training, back into the violet haze. The last clear image, the one I will cling to as I float through the fog, is of Andrej. The Company lawyer is affixing his leather jacket around him, preparing Andrej for his new life as Maxim’s and Heath’s slave.

It’s not there, but I see that coin, around his neck, the chain lovingly secured. Andrej is mine. Circumstances have separated us, tortured us, tormented us, ruined the lives of many others. That image of Andrej will ground me. I cannot let Gerard win. Andrej needs me. I see him, beautifully bound and gagged, happily waiting for me even as the lavender and leather seep back in. I’m floating, fading. Mantra repeating, but a comforting face waits for me at the end of each mantra repetition.

The End
Last edited by gag1195 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
My M/M Stories Here
Guardianbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guardianbound »

Bravo! What a conclusion to this brilliant piece of work. I love how you've weaved in various parts of the Company and its wide network. We have an inside look of the Company's hypnosis/brainwashing technique through Bastien's Lavender haze. It's sad that Andrej was what led to his demise, and remains his tether to his previous life as a Dom. It remains to be seen how long Bastien will hold on to his memories of Andrej, I've a feeling Bastien will eventually be made to forget him but Andrej will always have a reminder, through the coin, of what could have been.

Wheeling us, and Bastien, through that lighted line up of procurements was a clever way to tie up everything, and remind us of the incredible journey we've gone through. So many handsome faces.... ahhh all the happy clients of the Company

Thank the heavens for Maxim's intervention, leaving Andrej with him and Heath feels like the second best option, first being complete freedom. Leaving him with Gerald would have been a disaster. Perhaps knowing that the Company's sights were already set on Andrej, this was really the best ending he could've got. Blame Master V. The foreshadowing with Gerald's fate though, wish we could've stuck around long enough for Maxim to cut that open shirt off! If you're flaunting it just show us all of it! That guy deserves some serious punishment and training, perhaps ending up as Bastien's beta slave cause karma.

@Volobond I'm happy you've got the Sarge you deserve. Hopefully with all the corporate machinations, you'll be in the top stop for long enough to enjoy him :twisted: ;)

blackbound
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by blackbound »

It doesn't sound like Bastien learned anything from the parade of his failures. Well, maybe he'll be united with Andrei under Maxim one day...

Congrats on finishing the story!
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

That was fast! And I'm amazed that such an intense finale could come in such little time!

I'll be honest here. I was debating for a long time about not reading this finale when it was published out of fear of what would happen. I'd been checking the poll results constantly over the past few days. This story has over 166,000 views in just a year (which is a momentous testament to the author's skill in its own right), and about half of those are probably from me since last week. Gag1195 has made such compelling characters and plot, that I became invested in it to the point of insanity! I was torn. Then the results finalized and I was crestfallen. How could it end this way??? Could I even bring myself to read it???

When I logged on and saw the update alert (of course I subscribed long ago!), my heart sank and my finger hovered over the mouse button. Could I? Should I? In the end, I decided to do it...

...and I must say I am very pleased that I did. Every bit of tension perfectly crafted. Drama, pathos, action... it had it all. And a superb crossover with another expertly developed world! The events that unfolded were exactly what I was hoping for. And the twists! You know how I love 'em, and you provided a masterful one with Maxim, the... well, not White, more like Mottled Gray... Knight putting a damper on Gerard's plans. And Andrej's furious attempt to fight Gerard made me literally stand up out of my chair! Bravo!!!

And the ending isn't quite the downer I was fearfully expecting. Methinks that Gerard's little escapade has made himself a very powerful enemy. An enemy who will be quite instrumental and successful in taking him down when the time comes. Gerard better watch his back.

Another thing I love is foreshadowing. And Maxim's comments about how the four of them would have been playmates may be more portentious than it seems. When Gerard messes up one too many times, I can envision Maxim acquiring all his holdings... including Bastien. And maybe even Gerard himself...

But in the end, I think the most amazing thing is that we, as the readers, crafted this story, too. For better or for worse, we got what we wanted out of it, and I am more surprised than anyone that I am pleased with how it ended. Bastien got his commupance for the less-than-honorable things he did. Andrej ended up with a caring and benevolent master. And there is room for the story to continue. @gag1195, you've made a masterpiece, my friend.

As the Tleilaxu say in Dune "Here lies a toppled god. His fall was not a small one. We did but build his pedistal. A narrow and a tall one."
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

A truly remarkable story! I have not been as engaged with the characters and outcome in any story as much as this one. You've done such a fantastic job getting your readers to care so much about what was going to happen and that's a rare thing so I hope you are proud of what you've achieved with this story.

A bittersweet ending but, I suppose, perhaps the only likely ending that could have happened and, who knows, maybe things will lead to our lovers finally being together again, even if it is in bondage slavery.

Thank you for putting together this magnificent story.
Wedgieboy69
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Wedgieboy69 »

Although not the ending that I had hoped for, you still hit it out of the park yet again. An amazing finale to a great story. Bravo.
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

An absolutely glorious and almost haunting conclusion to this epic tale. First, allow me to gush a little more about the sheer daunting scope and magnitude of writing a story so dependent on reader interaction! It boggles my mind and I'm so proud of you and happy I got to be part of it, as a reader and voter!

Second, there's something absolutely beautiful about the "lavender and leather" segment. Dreamlike and evocative, yet also perfectly encompassing the themes of the story and Bastien and Aegis' nature - lavender as something comforting and therapeutic and natural, leather as something restrictive and intoxicating and synthetic; just as Bastien is calming and comforting for Andrej, where Aegis is firm and domineering.

Third, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time during the fight, and I literally covered my mouth in surprise when Andrej intervened! And so fitting that our sweet professor was Bastien's downfall after all. I love how firm and secure Bastien's bondage is, befitting his threat level. The pictures accompanying this chapter are perfectly chosen, by the way.

Maxim is wonderfully in control and hot in this chapter, and it's exciting to see another Company man with heart! And also, there's something beautifully meta about there being a stage at the end, a curtain call of all the players as Maxim serves as narrator and epilogue.

Fabulous job on the Company style - each procured person is well-handled, with wonderfully efficient explanations of how they will disappear. I'm certain Jake and Benji will be okay, even if they can never be free again. You even made me feel bad for Ortiz, congratulations! And at least Carter is free... of Gerard's presence, that is. I'm sure that Gerard is slightly ticked off that Sarge not only gets the honor of enslavement to the Owner, but also the prize of Danny too.

And dear, sweet Andrej, who has been at the mercy of both Bastien, and the whims of 43 fickle gods deciding his fate - his outcome is better than I could have hoped. Though he may never get to return to teaching, I think he has the chance at a fulfilling life with Heath and Maxim... and maybe, in the future, Bastien will once again reunite with him, whether as a free man or fellow-slave.

Thank you for this story, my friend! Thanks for you!

@Guardianbound I'm sure we'll just have to see! ;)

_zin_
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by _zin_ »

I've been away from the site a few weeks so had a chapter, some poll discussions, and final chapter to read tonight. Sorry I cannot state I am thrilled by the ending. Actually a bit disappointed. But it is what the readers voted for. I do appreciate that Andrej ended up with someone that will take care of him.

Do not really care to elaborate further on this ending.

That said, I do think Gag1195 did an excellent job writing the chosen ending. I love his writing style and characters. And his ability to be so engaging. I am looking forward to (hopefully) many more excellent stories.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

@Guardianbound thank you, friend for your kind words! It is definitely not the ending I would have chosen to write, but I'm glad it turned out as successful as it is. I can't say for sure whether or not Bastien will eventually forget Andrej, but at least for now, he has a very clear moment to latch onto as his training continues. I really enjoyed writing the stage scene, perhaps one of my favorite writing pieces in this story. And of course, I agree with you that Gerard does deserve everything coming to him!

@blackbound If I might defend Bastien some, he was coming out of a month long haze and was very distracted and worried about Andrej. Plus, he is very stubborn and convinced of his rightness in much of this story. It will take time before Bastien learns and feels remorse. As earned as his comeuppance is, it will be a bit before it truly sinks in for our failed protagonist. Thank you for always sharing your thoughts and ideas, friend! I always look forward to your comments!

@wataru14 I know this was not the ending you wanted, but I am glad you stuck it out to the end! You inspired me to have Andrej intervene during the fight! And of course, I couldn't have Andrej suffer too much, and Maxim seemed like the best option in this scenario. And Maxim was being genuine. Had Bastien been victorious, the two of them would have become friends and colleagues and we would have gotten a scene of them playing with Andrej and Heath. And of course, I appreciate all your wonderful compliments! Thank you, friend!

@harveygasson My goodness! Thank you so much! I'm honored by your words! I'm feeling very proud of how I handled the ever-changing nature of this story and the poll outcomes, even if it led to this bittersweet finale.

@Wedgieboy69 Definitely not the ending I would have chosen to write on my own. Certainly not a happy ending, but a cathartic one. Thank you, friend!

@Volobond Thank you for all of your help in consulting with the Company- centric stuff! This story's biggest twist wouldn't have happened without you, friend! I loved the violet room when I wrote it for Ortiz, and I knew I had to bring it back at the end for Bastien, Sarge, and/or Gerard to experience firsthand! I'm also so happy with how Maxim turned out! If I might further pull back the curtain, once the Company plot was decided and I made Maxim one of it's lawyers, the outcome where he helps Bastien and Andrej was not a guarantee. He was always going to make an appearance at the end to help clean up regardless of the outcome. His opinion towards Bastien was entirely dependent on his previous interactions with Aegis. Basically, if Aegis didn't choose Maxim and Heath in either client poll, Maxim would have been much colder and less kind than how we see him in this final chapter. As it is, I loved writing him taking control of the scene and guiding us through the outcomes of the various procurements! Feel free to borrow and use Maxim in any future Company stories! it's only fair, right?

@_zin_ I'm sorry you weren't able to vote in the final poll. You're right, it is an unhappy ending, and certainly not the type of ending that I am known for here on the site. It was a real challenge putting these characters through some of the unfortunate ends waiting for them. Cathartic, bittersweet, unhappy, but hopefully, satisfying. Thank you for sticking with this story and I hope you found enjoyment with the entire work even if the ending is not your favorite.

Thank you all, so much for taking the time to comment, vote, and continuing to read! This story was literally only possible because of all of you wonderful readers and voters! This was a very different story for me, both in content and style. It was a definite challenge trying to adjust the story with each poll's outcomes, and as I've stated, definitely not the story I would have written on my own. It's been a wonderful whirlwind, but also so stressful! I'm glad it's worked out! Thank you all again for your support!
My M/M Stories Here
Socksbound
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Socksbound »

That was brilliant @gag1195 it was a roller coaster of emotions in this last chapter. I was very apprehensious of ready the final chapter knowing how the vote had gone. I needn’t have been as you wrapped it up perfectly. Maxim was written as the perfect mix of cold callousness that you’d expect from a Company lawyer and just enough humanity and warmth to find him endearing. Here’s hoping Bastien can hold out long enough for Gerard to get his comeuppance.
See all my written works here :
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38747#p38747

Banner by Bondagefreak
_zin_
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by _zin_ »

@gag1195 this is a great story and extremely well written. It is a storyline I took issue with at the beginning, but decided to continue with it because I enjoy your writing. And I have enjoyed the story. But that does not hinder my disappointment of the chosen ending. The story begins with Andrej having difficulty dealing with the loss of his wife. And the majority of people chose him to be forced into slavery. Then the majority of people chose the ending where Andrej is enslaved mourning the loss of his master. In hindsight, I probably should not have read the ending immediately after learning the result of the last poll so I would have had time to get in the right mindset first. Because my mind had envisioned a completely different outcome. But too late for that. Not all stories have happy endings, nor should they. I appreciate the work you put into creating this story and keeping it so engaging. I am certainly glad I stuck with the story through the end. But I cannot say I am satisfied with the ending chosen. And there is nothing wrong with that either.
gag1195
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by gag1195 »

@Socksbound I'm so happy that Maxim has been so well received! For a character that could have been extremely minor, or not even appeared at all in the story, it feels so weird to think about this story without him! I'm also glad that I was able to assuage some fears in terms of the less then savory ending we found ourselves in! Thank you for your continued support! As for Bastien... unfortunately, at least for now, his fate is in the Company's hands...
My M/M Stories Here
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

@gag1195
Congrats for bringing another one of your epics to completion, my friend!
The attention and praise this piece has received is well-deserved. Rock on!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic