Tale of an Archer (M+/F+ F+/F+ F/M m/f f/f), Chapter 38 - Aftermath and Epilogue - 11/24/2022 - Complete

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Hey,

Have to echo what was just said by [mention]Caesar73[/mention].

Personally not a great fan of excessive pomp and ceremony. Of course, in this case, it certainly makes a lot of sense for symbolic reasons.
The man must show that he can simultaneously control his woman while caring for her.
It is an interesting way to word it. One cannot control someone by tying them up - well, I guess you can temporarily, but it is not real control, merely restraint, and when your 'power' over someone is purely physical, well, it does not hold up well in the long run. 'Real' control over someone is often in large part, or entirely, mental. Applies to more then just power dynamics between individuals as well.

Obviously it is clear what the actual intent of the sentence is. Just an aside from me (what it makes me think of), not a criticism of the actual text.

Also, Jordan talks about 'not wanting to drive Maddie to her limits to prove her devotion'. Implies that Final Courtships sometimes go quite far. I will say, never considered the concept of 'proving' devotion to someone by submitting to more extreme bondage (trust, sure, true devotion, more questionable), although there is some loose logic to the idea, and certainly cultural significance/symbolism in this case.

As always, more to say can be found, but... I will leave it at those thoughts.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago Well, this chapter answers some of my questions raised in the last installment. Chief Samuel showed wisdom. He rose to the occassion. This Wedding is new. It is unique. Two Cultures will come together. There will be worthy Ceremony. This is just my first impression - I will comment in more detail later!

Well done @GreyLord !
Thank you for those kind words, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. We have entered an eventful period for all, the Colonists and the Bandits.
BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago ...
Have to echo what was just said by @Caesar73.

Personally not a great fan of excessive pomp and ceremony. Of course, in this case, it certainly makes a lot of sense for symbolic reasons.
I agree with you, [mention]BlissfulMisery[/mention]. Often things appear in a story to bridge story parts. Or, simply because the story calls for it.
BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago
The man must show that he can simultaneously control his woman while caring for her.
It is an interesting way to word it. One cannot control someone by tying them up - well, I guess you can temporarily, but it is not real control, merely restraint, and when your 'power' over someone is purely physical, well, it does not hold up well in the long run. 'Real' control over someone is often in large part, or entirely, mental. Applies to more then just power dynamics between individuals as well.

Obviously it is clear what the actual intent of the sentence is. Just an aside from me (what it makes me think of), not a criticism of the actual text.
I would be dismayed to think that any reader thought that I was suggesting that this is the way things should be in real life. I do strive for consistency within the fantasy world.
BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago Also, Jordan talks about 'not wanting to drive Maddie to her limits to prove her devotion'. Implies that Final Courtships sometimes go quite far. I will say, never considered the concept of 'proving' devotion to someone by submitting to more extreme bondage (trust, sure, true devotion, more questionable), although there is some loose logic to the idea, and certainly cultural significance/symbolism in this case.

As always, more to say can be found, but... I will leave it at those thoughts.
Well, yes. Final Courtships were known to go too far sometimes. That is why they have Courtship Guardians. Thank you for you comments.
h56jh1 wrote: 1 year agogood chapter
It is wonderful to have your continuing support, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. Thank you.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Authors Note:
After much discussion, we agreed not to use any actual military organization but used random terms from different periods of history. Please, be aware that certain terms might be used differently in your country.

This chapter and some coming chapters will be longer than some like. Please give yourselves a few extra minutes to read.

-----

Chapter 29 – Maddie Becomes a Tactician
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Jordan held Maddie in a tight hug in their hut and whispered in her ear, “Praise all goodness that we are alone. For the three nights in the Final Courtship Hut, it sounds as if we can do as we please, except that the guardians will tie you up and leave you for me at sundown. Then I must have you bound securely at sunrise when the guardians arrive. I have an idea about that. But first, do you think I have it right so far?”

As an answer, Maddie pressed her petite frame against her man’s body and even put one leg in the air to rub it against Jordan’s. She still wore that partly skimpy outfit and was a bit cold without complaining, for she was still a child of nature even while she got seduced by fancy ideas of central heating, warm water on demand, shower, and the like. She smiled and looked up.

“You do, but sometimes you are too soft in a way! Mind, I like this, too, and I always craved respect, and you have been very decent from the start. This is good. You won me. But—while nobody knows what will happen during a Courtship night—they will see evidence the following morning. I will not have any sniggering rumors about vanilla bindings! Do you understand this, my Archah?”

She loosened her hold and turned to feed the small fire. And then she produced a small device, a pod, maybe to Jordan’s surprise. She had no real chance to understand this tekk-now-loggy, but she was a keen observer and had quickly lost her awe. She had already mastered most features in their home, and now she has brought this small pod.
“Activate!” she addressed the device. “Playlist Maddie One. Play!”

Jordan had no idea when she had found the time and must have had some conversation, maybe with Joseph, about how to do what she intended. Also, she must have checked the archives. And somehow, Maddie had found music from the Earth she found suitable for this occasion. She started to dance slowly and seductively, in her own way, not Creek, not like from the Earth, just like Maddie, exotic in the true sense of the meaning. “We have two poles and bars in this hut. I have brought bundles of rope and other items in these bags to give us joy. Undress me, my archah, will you?”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etxHaOg ... silvergold
Chris Isaak – Wicked Game Lyrics

Jordan answered, “Never fear, Dear One. Above all, I intend to make you look like a Princess of the Creek. It was my thought that each morning when the Guardians come in at sunrise, you should be in a progressively more difficult predicament. You remember, early in our relationship, I put you in a reverse prayer hogtie. I felt like that was an unknown bondage position for you. I thought that we would work up to that for the final morning. But if you have a better idea, let me hear it. And we will be flexible and react to the ties that the Guardians use on you if we need to do so.”

Jordan helped Maddie undress and had her stand against one of the poles on a low stool. Standing behind her, he pulled her arms back and together and did a two-column tie binding her wrists. Jordan wrapped a rope around her and the post just above her tits. After several wraps, he cinched the wraps between her back and the pole. Next, he tied Maddie’s legs to the post above her knees. This tie was cinched between her legs and the pole. For variety, he secured a single-column tie around her left ankle and pulled her foot behind her toward her butt. Jordan tied the rope off around Maddie’s wrists. This held her foot up and locked her hands down. He tied her right ankle to the pole, looped rope fastening her leg to the pole, and continued upward to Maddie’s hips, belly, and chest, above and below her tits.

Jordan’s last step was to gag Maddie. “Now you are secured. Do you think you can free yourself from this? Sorry, you can’t answer, can you? You can answer yes or no by shaking your head.”

Jordan removed the stool and checked that Maddie did not slide down the pole. She did not. By now, Jordan was very erect, and her pussy was just the right height for him to insert himself in it. Maddie could not move her hips to any noticeable degree, so Jordan had to do the work, rising on his toes, again and again, to drive deeper into his lady. Jordan saw Maddie straining against her ropes as an orgasm washed over her. And that kicked Jordan off as well.

Later, after Jordan freed Maddie, washed her, and placed her in their bed, he said, “You can comment on our scene if you wish to do so.”

Maddie was very pleased. It was clear and evident that her man, her love, understood her demands, the traditions which needed to be observed and were necessary to secure the status of the Archah family they were founding. In the past, her plotting was vain, escape plans never executed, and her thinking fanciful daydreaming of romantic adventures with roving bandits, while her reality was swinging the hew in a field of crops. But now, without abandoning daydreaming altogether, her plotting was focused… and ambitious. And her next ambition was to lay a firm foundation for a family to perform a leading role in the future. The courtship must be unblemished, for that reason, not just out of vanity. In the end, she would get what she wanted. And he would be happy to comply and think it was his idea from the start. And in between, she was pleased to submit. Alright.

But here and now, she was also amazed by the position she was put into. She could not swear that it was unknown to any Creek, but she had never heard of such a pole-tie just as she had not known this arching reverse-prayer hogtie. And her pleasure was increased when Jordan proved his love even further. Her satisfaction was complete, and she had not one orgasm, but it seemed to her it had been a quick-fire of orgasms.

As she lay in bed, she felt the length of the day and was exhausted. She sighed in happiness.
“Oh, my wonderful archah, this has been wonderful! I do not rightly know what to say. I am very sure that you will do fine, my heart! I think this reverse prayer hogtie would be a good one, and what you just did, too. Maybe we can try something in which I am hanging from the ceiling?”

[image]https://www.deviantart.com/roy3d/art/In ... -587247300[/image]
Indian Brave by Roy3D on DeviantArt.com

The sun was just breaking the horizon. Jordan was standing on a platform the Chief had ordered constructed for his use. There were two hundred and five Creeks in the field before me. Two hundred of them had the new crossbows. Five had the crossbows Jordan had brought on his last trip. The holders of those bows weren’t experts but were far ahead of the new two hundred. Amanda, Tommy, Sheilah, Angela, and Sammy joined the five who were spread out among the two hundred to help them get started. They would train for an hour and break for breakfast. Then training would continue until lunch. After lunch, the crossbow trainees would join the crews in the fields preparing for the harvest.

Maddie was with Jordan on the platform. If someone on the field had a problem that couldn’t be solved by one of the more experienced five, she would take care of it. She had already asked Amanda to look for candidates for a special mission. Amanda and herself were included in the team of twenty that would do no harvesting. They would train all day. To prove a point, less than half were males, but Tommie and Sammy were in the twenty, as were Angela, Sheilah, and Amanda. After breakfast, Jordan instructed the troops, as he called them, on the care and maintenance of their crossbows. Tomorrow after breakfast, they would start shooting at targets. Maddie, however, took her twenty and disappeared into the woods. Jordan was confident that she had a plan, would call on him if she needed help, and would inform him about her thinking soon. Maddie always did, but only when she was ready. She was establishing her position in the tribe.

Maddie had thought much about using the crossbow in battle in the last weeks.

She already had a fair idea about bandit tactics, especially in broken terrain. She fancied bandits would do well to avoid open grounds to prevent the use of those terrible tekk-now-loggy weapons after she had seen archive materials on Jordan’s monitors showing the destruction lasers could cause. Visual documentaries solved her lack of understanding of written texts. She had cut sleep-time massively to check on those documentaries and had been guided from link to link during many dark nights. Somehow she had no difficulty remembering all the details later. It was seldom that she had to watch the same thing again.

An inspired guess and guidance from Jeeves led to other documentaries on how to use a crossbow and which tactics had been employed on Earth centuries ago. This had led her to skirmish tactics with flintlock muskets, even nastier weapons, yet more slowly to load than crossbows. Those ‘riflemen’ had used pairs for the job: two people supporting each other by guarding each other during loading. She learned of units and sub-units. She knew bandits already employed group tactics, i.e., one group to scout and offer as bait, while other groups were kept hidden to strike from flanks. This seemed a pretty clever way to do the trick. But she also learned about the havoc a so-called ‘volley’ might cause. She believed Bandits did not do that. She had smiled wolfishly, pondering this: about 100 bolts sweeping a small area would be bad news for any stupid attacker thinking himself invincible! She only wished they could have those six-foot-longbows those fellows from some island or other used with good effect, for bows were quicker to shoot. But she pushed it aside. The crossbows would do, but a lonely warrior with a crossbow was vulnerable.

As bandits used the number ‘3’ very often and ‘9’ had a special significance as well, she had in mind to use triplets instead of pairs, for two could carry a third member off the field and still be able to cover the retreat. Yet, a wild bunch of triplets might cause some havoc but would never stop a severe attack and liable to be routed and dispersed by a powerful, determined force. The triplets needed further organization and leadership. But the system should be simple and flexible.

Three triplets would form a section. A section could cover a front of one or two dozen meters wide and pour bolts constantly at any enemies in front of them within range of their crossbows. Each triplet would see that at least one member was always ready to shoot. As each member cared for the partners, the triplets would cover each other… and so would the sections.

Three sections of nine bandits would form yet another group, which she called a division, for it was only a part of another body of troops: the war band. The twenty-seven members would be led by a sub-chief and two assistants, which made thirty. If the sub-chief saw it fit, he would gather his sections and call a hold in the shooting until everyone was ready. Then a volley of thirty bolts would be devastating, especially in an ambush. But skirmishing tactics would be stressed to the utmost—the bandits would love this!

The war band, therefore, could employ ninety crossbows in the actual battle. A war band chief would have a section for his own use, plus supernumeraries for running errands, signaling, and first aid. The war band chief would have about one hundred bandits to employ, depending on how many extras would be available. Because of the system of sub-units, the war band could be organized in different ways to make the best use of cover to attack or retreat, to disperse or re-form, or to concentrate them at a point for volley fire by divisions. If Chief Samuel, or whoever was in command, wished, the two war bands could form a battalion of one hundred and eighty crossbows. She fancied that this battalion would not be used, anyway—the flexibility of the war bands operating from two flanks was too inviting to be discarded lightly.

She was delighted to have it figured out by herself, and when she started to explain her general scheme, she was happy to see the amazement in the faces around her. Especially, Angela was delighted by the use of ‘9’ in the basic design of a section. The hand-picked group would build the first two sections as a model for all the others to show and tell. The forming of war bands and their divisions would start much later.

So they started to speak about triplets which could move hither and thither while staying in contact with each other. First, the triplets exercised for more than two hours, giving them the idea of how to move and take care of each other. Then two sections were formed. In the first evolution, one section would retreat in front of an attacking force, with the other laying in ambush for the attacking force. Next, the sections operated against each other: one was to dart forward, the other to give way while harassing the attacker during the retreat. Because this was work in addition to the basic training of handling, maintaining, spanning, loading, and shooting their crossbows, “Maddie’s Twenty” were excused from the harvest. Still, they might come to envy the others at harvest. Maddie was making them sweat!

By the end of the afternoon, they were all dirty and sweaty but grinning. Maddie begged all to keep their mouths shut until the next day. Then they would show the others what training awaited them once they reached a certain skill level in handling and shooting. She was quite a happy bandit, as were her twenty.

Jordan and Maddie were back in their hut after finishing the evening meal. Maddie was jacked up on an emotional high like Jordan had seldom seen in her before. When he questioned her about it, she would grin and tell him that he would find out tomorrow. Well, Jordan would give her other things to think about tonight.

Jordan had a lot on his mind. The Headmaster had ridden south to meet Joseph. He wanted to see why I thought the bot had become sentient. He would also collect the dress Joseph had fashioned for Maddie and the wedding rings.

But, to the business at hand, he had started by putting her into a strict strappado. Then he tied rope loops around her hips, creating a band with eight strands. This made a supporting web for Maddie’s weight. After tying ropes to each ankle, he pulled her left foot up and behind her until her foot was higher than her head. Knowing that was putting a challenging stretch on her groin, her right foot quickly followed. He relieved a lot of the pressure on her shoulders and legs by tying a rope from her hip band to the metal ring above her. This supported most of her weight on the hip bands giving her the suspension that she had wanted to try.

Jordan was starting to place one of those large rawhide sack gags in her mouth when she said, “Wait, I have made a mistake. I should have told you what we did today. It is important and might affect the way that you train your force. But it was fun to tease you about it.”

“Alright, I will get you down, and you can tell me.”

“No, I can tell you without you turning me loose. This is surprisingly comfortable. Why don’t you pull up a chair and sit in front of me so I can see your face as we talk? I can even think of being left tied like this as a punishment for not telling you sooner.”

He did as she asked. As she talked, her tits dangling down were a distraction because Jordan could not resist reaching out to manipulate a breast. Then the import of what she was saying hit Jordan, and he became totally focused on what she was telling him. “Why didn’t you tell me this earlier, Maddie?”

“My pride got in the way. And I did not want to come up with something that wouldn’t work. I wanted a big surprise for you in front of all of the Creek with crossbows. But I was wrong not to disclose everything to you. Are you disappointed in me?”

“Maddie, I am so proud of you that I am about to burst. Yes, you should have told me immediately, but that pales compared to what you have accomplished. You have mated proven Earth tactics and organization to the Bandit culture. With every step I have taken, I have worried about whether the Creek would accept it. In one day, you have overcome that problem. How do you suggest we proceed from here?”

Maddie paused a minute, then answered, “Of course, we still have to train the two hundred to shoot the crossbows rapidly and accurately. My twenty should join your 180 in the mornings for that. Then I think it would be a big motivator for my team to provide a short training exhibition each morning. That would keep them focused on why they need rapid and accurate fire and on the kind of maneuvers they will need to accomplish during a battle.”

“You are right. Anything else?”

“Yes, Jordan, I have one more subject to discuss. I feel much better now that I’ve started talking to you. It may even be helpful that I am restrained and helpless.”

“Good, you should always talk to me when you have a need. Tell me the rest.”

“My heart, there’s something else you should know. Many girls have decided already, and the rest are considering not to conceive in this time of hostility. This means there won’t be many newborn Creek next year. I think so, too. It’s not the time. Angela will provide medicine which will make it almost impossible to conceive.”

Jordan said, “This is… is interesting, a harsh measure. But I am wondering why you are telling me. Isn’t that more of the Chief’, or Amanda’s, business. And if Angela knows, then doesn’t the Chief and Amanda already know?”

“They do know. But it also concerns us,” Maddie answered, maybe for the first time, avoiding Jordan’s eyes. “I have asked for it, too.”

Jordan thought and said, “Let me be sure I am following you correctly. You wish to avoid becoming pregnant because of the conflict with the Colony. You want in on the fight and are afraid that would change if you were carrying a child. Is that the only reason? You still want us to have a child when the time is right?”

“That is so!” Maddie looked directly at Jordan again as she responded. “We cannot know what will happen and when! Should I carry a child in the seventh or eighth months, I won’t only be unable to fight, but neither to work nor to help others! There will be so much work to do! So many young women have decided it’s just not the right time. And yes: I want to become a mother not to your child but to your children! You do want to be a father, don’t you?”

Her eyes were wide and full of emotion.

Jordan answered Maddie, “Like your tactical plans, I concur with your decision. But like your tactical plan, I would have wished for us to discuss this together first. Nonetheless, you have my blessings. Get the potion from Angela. This hostility will pass, and we will have our family.”

“Oh, my heart, I always wanted to!” Maddie actually wailed a bit! “Never I would have thought to actually use it before talking to you, without discussing it! This is why I am telling you now! In the end, it must be the woman’s decision, but we should agree on it! If I failed you: I beg for correction!” she added cheekily.

She also opened her mouth, ready to be gagged, indicating that she’d had her say

The next day went by in a blur. It was the second day of crossbow training and the first day of Jordan’s and Maddie’s Final Courtship. Maddie’s demonstration, given immediately after breakfast, was a resounding success. Maddie stood on the raised platform while her triplets performed. With Maddie not there, command fell to Amanda, and she discharged her duties without flaw. Afterward, the lift of the shoulders and the look of determination on the faces of the new trainees spoke to Maddie's success. The Chief watched the demonstration as well. He saw his mate in command and his children, Tommie and Sheilah, carrying out complex maneuvers.

During the practice shooting, it was also evident that the trainees were totally focused on speed and accuracy. Jordan had devised a new target for Maddie’s most advanced five. Two targets were placed in the back of a wagon. After attaching a long rope to the wagon, four Creeks could stand in a safe position across the field and pull the wagon to themselves, providing a moving target.

Jordan had everyone ink their names on their bolts to help in recovering the bolts and to be able to settle any dispute over who had shot what. When the two hundred left for their harvest work after lunch, he joined Maddie to observe her teaching of tactics. Before he knew it, the time came for his first contest.

Due to tradition, Maddie did not attend. It was the Chief’s call to name someone eligible or not. It was hers to accept—or not. She was busy with her training duties.

Chief Samuel said, “Shordan Archah, my friend, I expect you to meet us in the Council Hut in an hour. The contest will happen there—it is large enough!” Chief Samuel looked saturnine. “You will meet two opponents today, the third tomorrow. Each bout is to be decided by the best of three rounds. Your opponents have no wish to harm you and bear you no malice, but they do not want to get defeated, either. They are ordered by experience and prowess: the second will be harder to beat than the first, and the third is estimated to be the best of all. Prepare yourself. After the bouts, you will rest briefly before your evening meal and your Final Courtship duties. I hope that this schedule does not overload you improperly.”

The Headmaster returned earlier today after spending time with Joseph, Jeeves, and Goliath. Jordan was interested to hear his comments on that subject. He had brought Maddie’s dress and had given it to Angela. Jordan wasn’t allowed to see it before the ceremony. Dr. Kennedy delivered the rings to the Best Man and the Bride’s Maid. He also described the traditional role of a Bride's Maid to Sheilah.

Precisely at the time appointed by Chief Samuel, Jordan knocked on the door of the council hut, not knowing exactly what to expect. But he was as ready as possible to get on with the process.

The Headmaster signaled privately that there would be time to speak about the bots privately later when there was leisure. There was no urgency. Naturally, he was invited to attend the contests. “Better you keep your head clear for now and see that you do not tear a head from someone’s shoulders! – Oh, and see to it that it doesn’t happen to you either!”

In the hut, several elders were present as witnesses. Mattresses were spread in the middle, and candles spread a sweet scent. Of course, Chief Samuel presided. “Shordan Archah, are you still willing to claim the Right to Courtship? To prove your mettle? To express your seriousity? Are you worthy of mating a demanding Bandit woman?”
-
He pointed at two men, past being youngsters. “Here are Gunnar and Harry, who have agreed to step forward and test you. They are not your foes, but they are fighting under the eyes of me, the Elders, and their fathers! They won’t give in lightly, but still: it is an affair of respect! Do you understand this? Then step forward and meet them to shake hands in friendship!”

Gunnar was undoubtedly younger than Jordan, relatively lightly built, but probably quite limber and quick. Probably less powerful than Harry, who was of a stockier build and shorter than Jordan. They had open faces and stood up to meet Jordan. They were naked but for their loincloths.

Jordan said clearly, “I claim the Right to Courtship of Maddie.” He removed his boots and stepped forward to warmly shake the hands of Gunnar and Harry. “How should I dress or undress for this? Under my pants, I have what I would wear for a workout, what we call trunks. They are not the same as a loincloth but serve a similar purpose. I will show you.” He removed his shirt and pants stripping himself somewhat like Gunnar and Harry. “Chief, is this satisfactory? Or do you have a loincloth for me to use?”

Chief Samuel then said, smiling benevolently, “It does you credit, my friend, how mindful you are of our customs, and it is appreciated!” Agreeing muttering around the observers proved the consent of the other Creek present. “This is satisfactory. I’ll send you a loincloth for tomorrow, and you can try it, but trunks are acceptable!” Again, agreeing murmur.

“So, you will face Gunnar first. After ten minutes, by the sand clock, the round will end. It will also end if one is vanquished. If you feel so, quickly clap on the ground or Gunnar’s body three times to show your submission. I may stop the round if I feel it necessary, but that could be a bit too late, and injuries might have happened by then. After a five-minute break, you will have a second round with Gunnar. At its end, if the bout is not settled, there will be a third round. Do you understand? Any questions?”
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> The courtship must be unblemished, for that reason, not just out of vanity.

Maddie/Muddy is one smart woman.

> I claim the Right to Courtship of Maddie.

Hope, like the chief said, his head will stay on his shoulders :lol:
Great chapter, nice and long but it needed that indeed.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

A very impressive chapter with much depth [mention]GreyLord[/mention] - as always. One thing first: My favourite quote in this chaper is Maddie´s statement "no Vanilla bindings" :)

It is difficult to take one conversation out of context, but one touched me especially: When Maddie talks with Jordan about the decision of the creek women not to concieve while they will fighting the colonist. It is intense on both parts and it shows how much Maddie had grown.

Another indicator for this; Maddie working as a tactician. She studies tactics suitable for the Creeks use.
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

This story is the perfect illustration of the concept that being submissive, doesn't mean being weak.

Maddie is strong willed and knows her own mind, but chooses to submit, making a conscious decision to give hetself as opposed to being taken.

A fascinating read
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

wolfman wrote: 1 year ago This story is the perfect illustration of the concept that being submissive, doesn't mean being weak.

Maddie is strong willed and knows her own mind, but chooses to submit, making a conscious decision to give hetself as opposed to being taken.

A fascinating read
That's the intention, indeed.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Hey,
wolfman wrote: 1 year ago This story is the perfect illustration of the concept that being submissive, doesn't mean being weak.
Not that I think you were trying to imply such (indeed the opposite), but this 'assumption' always irritates me.

Just to briefly iterate a few obvious reasons why the whole 'submission = weak' thing is absurd:

-It takes courage and self-confidence in the first place to be able to give up control to someone else, to trust that much.

-Submission is given, and the value of that 'gift' could be argued to be based on the 'value' of the person giving it. To put it very crudely, it *should* mean more to the person receiving it coming from someone who is 'strong'.

-Purely from a 'play' perspective, someone who actually knows what they want is a more attractive partner, as that inherently implies both some understanding of one's self (which is a type of strength), and the ability to actually stand up for one's self or say no to things. Submission should be done from a position of being respected by the other party first and foremost (else how could you ever trust them?).

-Outside of the dynamic of things like bondage, almost everyone is 'submissive' in some respect in their lives to someone else. Usually most people are submissive in some cases and dominant in others.

For example in a situation where one might have applicable specialized knowledge, one might choose to take charge. In another case, lacking such a thing, one might choose to defer to others. And there are a million other examples (family relationships for example).

But examples like that clearly show submission is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of understanding one's limitations, or understanding that someone else might have something more to offer, or just broadly having respect for other people. The person that must 'always be right' or must 'always be in charge' is not a strong person, they are annoying and only show their own lack of confidence.

More to say there, but really, I do not think I am saying anything new or original or particularly insightful so, that is enough of that.

-

On the topic of the actual chapter...
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago And he would be happy to comply and think it was his idea from the start. And in between, she was pleased to submit. Alright.
Maddie thinking multiple steps ahead of Jordan, and guiding the poor fool by his nose! Really, if he did not tie her up, would he have any power in the relationship :P? You go girl!

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago I will not have any sniggering rumors about vanilla bindings!
No 'vanilla' TUGs allowed here indeed. Maddie putting her foot down again, once again showing who is really in charge around here :P.

And yes I am just poking some fun at Jordan, but certainly, so is the text.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago She only wished they could have those six-foot-longbows those fellows from some island or other used with good effect, for bows were quicker to shoot.
Well I might argue that longbows are unwieldy weapons to drag through the woods when trying to move fast, and require years of training to use effectively - and significant physical strength, although obviously strength helps in loading a crossbow too, but is not absolutely required. Indeed that was the argument made earlier as to why Jordan was making crossbows for the Creek (easier to learn/use).

In general longbows are weapons for open field battles, and this is certainly what not the Bandits have in mind... So I do not think her wish makes much sense for those reasons.

Also, one fights with the troops and equipment they have, not the ones they wish they had...

-

But the thing that stands out the most to me is the discussion of tactics... I will give an analysis (admittedly one that is handicapped by my very limited knowledge of such things, but...), and a prediction...

Overall the Colonists vs the Bandits is an almost textbook dichotomy of forces, and each of their tactics must therefore be equally opposed.

The Colonists have the advantage of technology and firepower, specifically a 'laser cannon' was mentioned earlier but certainly that would not be the only example. However, said laser cannon also implies a lack of mobility (probably drawn by a cart or some simple vehicle, which restricts them to roads or at least mostly clear and at least somewhat flat terrain) to go along with that firepower.

This means their 'goal' would be to force a pitched battle to take advantage of their strengths. The best way to do that is to attack where Creek cannot afford to simply retreat from; the Creek village, and burn it to the ground. Of course they have to reach their village first, travelling over wilderness, where they can be harried by the exact hit and run skirmishing strategies Maddie talks about in the chapter.

On the flip side the Creek have the advantage of numbers, and better morale - neither side are professional soldiers, but the Creek are less of strangers to fighting, and are defending their home, while the Colonists are on the offensive and seem to be mainly motivated by general anger, which tends to fail in the face of danger/fear.

So the Creek path to victory lies in keeping the Colonists from their village (where they can deploy their heavy weaponry to great effect). The Colonists are a small but more powerful force. The best way for the Creek to win is to split them apart and defeat them in detail.

Maddie already alludes to this, but the strategy that makes sense is to split into small groups, and harass the Colonists from the tree line, trying to injure or pick off as many as possible with ambushes. Ideally this would provoke the rest of them into a futile chase over terrain the Colonists are unfamiliar with, and have no hope of keeping with the Bandits on.

Then they would be disorganized and likely split up (as some would wisely not want to break ranks in pointless pursuit), and could be ambushed and attacked by other groups at the Bandit's leisure. Alternatively, the Bandits could just lead them on a merry chase and attack the now lightly defended caravan directly, although this plan carries greater risk.

Either way, once the Colonists began to be picked off and begin to realize they are the hunted, not the hunters, it is likely their courage would fail and they would rout easily. At least if the plan worked out that way.

The counter to this from the Colonists side would be a few fold:

Depending on their ability to manufacture things (the laser cannon is certainly a hefty piece of technology that is specialized, which implies at least some ability to make things), the smart move would be to have proper personal weapons and most importantly armor. Even a modern real world ballistic vest would do pretty well against a crossbow, especially if it has armor plates, unless the crossbow was used at very close ranges, due to the large surface/contact area of a bolt compared to a bullet. And I would presume the Colonists would have access to even more advanced armor, maybe even complete articulated suits of armor.

Sure, even those might have weaknesses in seams and such, but hitting a very specific weak point from long range with a crossbow on a moving target is basically down to luck.

Regardless of what body armor they might have access to, even something like thin metal or polycarbonate riot shields would be useful in their situation, to be able to form something like a defensive phalanx, as they should expect to be attacked from multiple sides by greater numbers. They would have to be thin to be wielded easily, but even thin metal would probably at least slow down a crossbow bolt enough that it would bounce off even the lightest of protection, and change killing shots into merely wounding ones.

And of course for offensive power, relying purely on a single large artillery style cannon would be a mistake. In theory they should easily be able to cobble together simple mortars, grenade launchers or flamethrowers* (as the basic designs of such are not very complex), plus whatever personal weaponry they have access to. Machine guns would be an obvious choice against superior numbers, if available.

*Although with things that set fires, such as flamethrowers or the laser cannon, perhaps they might be forced to be a little careful, lest they set the whole forest on fire around themselves, which, while bad for the Bandits, might also end poorly for them too.

The purpose of such weapons would be to maximize the difference in firepower, and obviously make an attempt to break the morale of the Bandits through sheer terror at seeing such destructive weapons utilized against them. At the very least, it would force the Bandits to be more careful rather then merely attacking as they please.

The Colonists are not soldiers of course (maybe there are a few among them but most of them are not), so for them, they would need to carefully drill basic discipline in whatever time they had to prepare. Emphasize that they must move as a group, because they are outnumbered, they cannot be drawn into pointless chases and picked off one by one.

If both sides did something like those suggestions, it would be hard to say who might come out ahead. The Creek would be on a timer, forced to deal with the Colonists before they reach their objective (the Creek village) and burn it to the ground. The Colonists would have to stay disciplined and not lose their nerve, trusting in their inherent advantage in a straight up field battle and refusing to get drawn into anything else (fight to your strengths, avoid your weaknesses).

Of course this is all very academic/idealized. This is a story about the Bandits, Jordan and Maddie, so I am going to make the (not so) bold prediction that they are going to win in the coming conflict.

As for how I see it playing out in the actual story... Well. The Colonists are likely going to be absurdly arrogant, not taking the Bandits seriously. They will probably be much more poorly equipped then they could be (and not think of things like some of the things I suggested), and rely purely on a few pieces of advanced technology. They will not have bothered to train and drill, and will basically just be a barely coordinated mob.

So they will waltz into the woods, and constantly harassed by hit and run attacks from the cover of the forest. Eventually after some casualties (or at least injuries) some will give foolish pursuit and be cut down one by one via ambush tactics. As the number of Colonists in the main force grows less, they will probably become more and more terrified and paranoid, making them even easier targets. Eventually they will rout as their numbers dwindle, and at that point it will likely be up to the Creek to decide if they want to hunt them all down or not (I suspect they will show mercy, possibly at specifically Maddie's urging, but perhaps not).

Maybe the laser cannon might come into play (I could imagine a massive forest fire being started by accident as the Colonists panic, and this would somehow have to be dealt with).

Of course these are all just my thoughts/predictions. And I sort of assume the bots are not a factor, which they might come into play as well. Perhaps whatever 'actually' (it is a fictional story after all) happens, will be significantly different then what I imagine.

Anyways that is more then enough said I think.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago > The courtship must be unblemished, for that reason, not just out of vanity.

Maddie/Muddy is one smart woman.

> I claim the Right to Courtship of Maddie.

Hope, like the chief said, his head will stay on his shoulders :lol:
Great chapter, nice and long but it needed that indeed.
Thank you very much, [mention]slackywacky[/mention]. Your comments are always welcomed.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago A very impressive chapter with much depth @GreyLord - as always. One thing first: My favourite quote in this chaper is Maddie´s statement "no Vanilla bindings" :)

It is difficult to take one conversation out of context, but one touched me especially: When Maddie talks with Jordan about the decision of the creek women not to concieve while they will fighting the colonist. It is intense on both parts and it shows how much Maddie had grown.

Another indicator for this; Maddie working as a tactician. She studies tactics suitable for the Creeks use.
Thank you, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Maddie does often make the day, doesn't she? And, as you are noting, she is a very complex person. Soon, readers will discover why, at least in part.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

A fascinating read
[mention]wolfman[/mention], it is so good to see you back, both commenting here and in you own story. Thank you for you insight into Maddie.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago Hey,
Not that I think you were trying to imply such (indeed the opposite), but this 'assumption' always irritates me.

Just to briefly iterate a few obvious reasons why the whole 'submission = weak' thing is absurd:

-It takes courage and self-confidence in the first place to be able to give up control to someone else, to trust that much.

-Submission is given, and the value of that 'gift' could be argued to be based on the 'value' of the person giving it. To put it very crudely, it *should* mean more to the person receiving it coming from someone who is 'strong'.

-Purely from a 'play' perspective, someone who actually knows what they want is a more attractive partner, as that inherently implies both some understanding of one's self (which is a type of strength), and the ability to actually stand up for one's self or say no to things. Submission should be done from a position of being respected by the other party first and foremost (else how could you ever trust them?).

-Outside of the dynamic of things like bondage, almost everyone is 'submissive' in some respect in their lives to someone else. Usually most people are submissive in some cases and dominant in others.

For example in a situation where one might have applicable specialized knowledge, one might choose to take charge. In another case, lacking such a thing, one might choose to defer to others. And there are a million other examples (family relationships for example).

But examples like that clearly show submission is not a sign of weakness, it is a sign of understanding one's limitations, or understanding that someone else might have something more to offer, or just broadly having respect for other people. The person that must 'always be right' or must 'always be in charge' is not a strong person, they are annoying and only show their own lack of confidence.

More to say there, but really, I do not think I am saying anything new or original or particularly insightful so, that is enough of that.

-

On the topic of the actual chapter...
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago And he would be happy to comply and think it was his idea from the start. And in between, she was pleased to submit. Alright.
Maddie thinking multiple steps ahead of Jordan, and guiding the poor fool by his nose! Really, if he did not tie her up, would he have any power in the relationship :P? You go girl!

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago I will not have any sniggering rumors about vanilla bindings!
No 'vanilla' TUGs allowed here indeed. Maddie putting her foot down again, once again showing who is really in charge around here :P.

And yes I am just poking some fun at Jordan, but certainly, so is the text.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago She only wished they could have those six-foot-longbows those fellows from some island or other used with good effect, for bows were quicker to shoot.
Well I might argue that longbows are unwieldy weapons to drag through the woods when trying to move fast, and require years of training to use effectively - and significant physical strength, although obviously strength helps in loading a crossbow too, but is not absolutely required. Indeed that was the argument made earlier as to why Jordan was making crossbows for the Creek (easier to learn/use).

In general longbows are weapons for open field battles, and this is certainly what not the Bandits have in mind... So I do not think her wish makes much sense for those reasons.

Also, one fights with the troops and equipment they have, not the ones they wish they had...

-

But the thing that stands out the most to me is the discussion of tactics... I will give an analysis (admittedly one that is handicapped by my very limited knowledge of such things, but...), and a prediction...

Overall the Colonists vs the Bandits is an almost textbook dichotomy of forces, and each of their tactics must therefore be equally opposed.

The Colonists have the advantage of technology and firepower, specifically a 'laser cannon' was mentioned earlier but certainly that would not be the only example. However, said laser cannon also implies a lack of mobility (probably drawn by a cart or some simple vehicle, which restricts them to roads or at least mostly clear and at least somewhat flat terrain) to go along with that firepower.

This means their 'goal' would be to force a pitched battle to take advantage of their strengths. The best way to do that is to attack where Creek cannot afford to simply retreat from; the Creek village, and burn it to the ground. Of course they have to reach their village first, travelling over wilderness, where they can be harried by the exact hit and run skirmishing strategies Maddie talks about in the chapter.

On the flip side the Creek have the advantage of numbers, and better morale - neither side are professional soldiers, but the Creek are less of strangers to fighting, and are defending their home, while the Colonists are on the offensive and seem to be mainly motivated by general anger, which tends to fail in the face of danger/fear.

So the Creek path to victory lies in keeping the Colonists from their village (where they can deploy their heavy weaponry to great effect). The Colonists are a small but more powerful force. The best way for the Creek to win is to split them apart and defeat them in detail.

Maddie already alludes to this, but the strategy that makes sense is to split into small groups, and harass the Colonists from the tree line, trying to injure or pick off as many as possible with ambushes. Ideally this would provoke the rest of them into a futile chase over terrain the Colonists are unfamiliar with, and have no hope of keeping with the Bandits on.

Then they would be disorganized and likely split up (as some would wisely not want to break ranks in pointless pursuit), and could be ambushed and attacked by other groups at the Bandit's leisure. Alternatively, the Bandits could just lead them on a merry chase and attack the now lightly defended caravan directly, although this plan carries greater risk.

Either way, once the Colonists began to be picked off and begin to realize they are the hunted, not the hunters, it is likely their courage would fail and they would rout easily. At least if the plan worked out that way.

The counter to this from the Colonists side would be a few fold:

Depending on their ability to manufacture things (the laser cannon is certainly a hefty piece of technology that is specialized, which implies at least some ability to make things), the smart move would be to have proper personal weapons and most importantly armor. Even a modern real world ballistic vest would do pretty well against a crossbow, especially if it has armor plates, unless the crossbow was used at very close ranges, due to the large surface/contact area of a bolt compared to a bullet. And I would presume the Colonists would have access to even more advanced armor, maybe even complete articulated suits of armor.

Sure, even those might have weaknesses in seams and such, but hitting a very specific weak point from long range with a crossbow on a moving target is basically down to luck.

Regardless of what body armor they might have access to, even something like thin metal or polycarbonate riot shields would be useful in their situation, to be able to form something like a defensive phalanx, as they should expect to be attacked from multiple sides by greater numbers. They would have to be thin to be wielded easily, but even thin metal would probably at least slow down a crossbow bolt enough that it would bounce off even the lightest of protection, and change killing shots into merely wounding ones.

And of course for offensive power, relying purely on a single large artillery style cannon would be a mistake. In theory they should easily be able to cobble together simple mortars, grenade launchers or flamethrowers* (as the basic designs of such are not very complex), plus whatever personal weaponry they have access to. Machine guns would be an obvious choice against superior numbers, if available.

*Although with things that set fires, such as flamethrowers or the laser cannon, perhaps they might be forced to be a little careful, lest they set the whole forest on fire around themselves, which, while bad for the Bandits, might also end poorly for them too.

The purpose of such weapons would be to maximize the difference in firepower, and obviously make an attempt to break the morale of the Bandits through sheer terror at seeing such destructive weapons utilized against them. At the very least, it would force the Bandits to be more careful rather then merely attacking as they please.

The Colonists are not soldiers of course (maybe there are a few among them but most of them are not), so for them, they would need to carefully drill basic discipline in whatever time they had to prepare. Emphasize that they must move as a group, because they are outnumbered, they cannot be drawn into pointless chases and picked off one by one.

If both sides did something like those suggestions, it would be hard to say who might come out ahead. The Creek would be on a timer, forced to deal with the Colonists before they reach their objective (the Creek village) and burn it to the ground. The Colonists would have to stay disciplined and not lose their nerve, trusting in their inherent advantage in a straight up field battle and refusing to get drawn into anything else (fight to your strengths, avoid your weaknesses).

Of course this is all very academic/idealized. This is a story about the Bandits, Jordan and Maddie, so I am going to make the (not so) bold prediction that they are going to win in the coming conflict.

As for how I see it playing out in the actual story... Well. The Colonists are likely going to be absurdly arrogant, not taking the Bandits seriously. They will probably be much more poorly equipped then they could be (and not think of things like some of the things I suggested), and rely purely on a few pieces of advanced technology. They will not have bothered to train and drill, and will basically just be a barely coordinated mob.

So they will waltz into the woods, and constantly harassed by hit and run attacks from the cover of the forest. Eventually after some casualties (or at least injuries) some will give foolish pursuit and be cut down one by one via ambush tactics. As the number of Colonists in the main force grows less, they will probably become more and more terrified and paranoid, making them even easier targets. Eventually they will rout as their numbers dwindle, and at that point it will likely be up to the Creek to decide if they want to hunt them all down or not (I suspect they will show mercy, possibly at specifically Maddie's urging, but perhaps not).

Maybe the laser cannon might come into play (I could imagine a massive forest fire being started by accident as the Colonists panic, and this would somehow have to be dealt with).

Of course these are all just my thoughts/predictions. And I sort of assume the bots are not a factor, which they might come into play as well. Perhaps whatever 'actually' (it is a fictional story after all) happens, will be significantly different then what I imagine.

Anyways that is more then enough said I think.
[mention]BlissfulMisery[/mention], you have made a very thoughtful, detailed analysis. I think that you are right on the money. Just to emphasis a couple of points from the story line: The Colony was expecting a planet with no intelligent life. What infrastructure they had expected to get from Earth, only partially arrived. They have limited ability to manufacture anything and less ability to make the paraphernalia of war.

Magnus does not have a military background, few of the Colonists do. He does have overwhelming arrogance.

Maddie is a very unusual person. More about that will become clear in coming chapters.

Thank you very much for your excellent conjecture about how things will unfold.
Spy Task Force Completed
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]Nainur[/mention], thank you for your response to @wolfman.
h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago great chapter, well written
As always, I am pleased to get your comments, [mention]h56jh1[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago @BlissfulMisery, you have made a very thoughtful, detailed analysis. I think that you are right on the money. Just to emphasis a couple of points from the story line: The Colony was expecting a planet with no intelligent life. What infrastructure they had expected to get from Earth, only partially arrived. They have limited ability to manufacture anything and less ability to make the paraphernalia of war.

Magnus does not have a military background, few of the Colonists do. He does have overwhelming arrogance.

Maddie is a very unusual person. More about that will become clear in coming chapters.

Thank you very much for your excellent conjecture about how things will unfold.
You are welcome.

To be fair, your point about infrastructure was one I had in mind, hence why my 'suggestions' tended to be on the simpler side (but not all of them of course) that might reasonably be cobbled together even with limited ability for complex manufacturing. Ultimately it was just a thought experiment, for as I said at the end, I see it happening in an entirely different fashion for the age old reasons of basic human failings; arrogance, overconfidence and misplaced anger/self-righteousness.

As for Maddie... Well I assume you do not mean her intelligence (which has been referenced many times already) as that would hardly be something new.

So I assume you mean unusual in some other way. Strange genetics perhaps (which might further increase the mystery of her parents and where exactly they came from and why they participated in attacking the Creek). I would have said maybe some strange interaction between the implant and her body, but the 'extraordinary' stuff started occurring before the implant, so...

There are certainly some whacky theories possible to explain something like that, but they are too many to reasonably list.

Perhaps indeed she is chosen by the spirits...

Personally, I am leery of stories about special/extraordinary people who seem to have no flaws, just because they feel less relatable/interesting. Even real life examples of such tend to have far more nuance to them then most fictional versions (issues they overcame, or weaknesses that ended up hampering them or even leading to their eventual downfall). To me it is always more interesting to see a flawed person overcome their weaknesses/doubts/whatever to solve a problem, rather then have some amazing person solve it trivially. But that is merely a personal (and very general) opinion. I have also seen the 'trope' done fairly well, so it is certainly not a hard barrier to enjoyment.

On a sadder note, perhaps the reason she has spent so much effort coming up with fantasies and daydreams about her parents is the simple fact that if she did not, she would have to confront the fact that they basically ditched her. People often try to distract themselves from uncomfortable truths...
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago ...Personally, I am leery of stories about special/extraordinary people who seem to have no flaws, just because they feel less relatable/interesting. ...
On a sadder note, perhaps the reason she has spent so much effort coming up with fantasies and daydreams about her parents is the simple fact that if she did not, she would have to confront the fact that they basically ditched her. People often try to distract themselves from uncomfortable truths...
I do not think Mae-aed-dee can be called perfect. However, I haven't intended her to be. She has shown being able to change plans, because more than once her way original idea (f.e.: kill the Colonist and run to join some 'roving bandits') needed changing. That she was able doing so, is certainly a proof of flexibility and intelligence, but if she were perfect she would never thought to risk her fate mingling her lot with some unknown people. She started fill of hate and despise, but developed.

I certainly I agree to her daydreaming-attitude. She had, f.e., probably romanticized her parents beyond measure.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

[mention]TayDay95[/mention], [mention]Caesar73[/mention], [mention]wolfman[/mention], [mention]Beaumains[/mention], [mention]slackywacky[/mention], [mention]banshee[/mention], [mention]NotSeen[/mention], [mention]FabianStr2016[/mention], [mention]Red86[/mention], [mention]Boundcurious[/mention], [mention]Nainur[/mention], [mention]RopeBunny[/mention], [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention], [mention]Jake78045[/mention], and [mention]Bandit666[/mention]

You have posted comments on one of my stories. That is appreciated very much. Please tell me what you think about the Tale of an Archer. If you would like your tag added or removed from this list, send me a PM or a post with that request.

-----

Chapter 30 – The Right to Courtship
By @GreyLord and @Nainur

Jordan answered the Chief, “I understand. I assume you will direct me so I can follow any usual ritual to begin the match.” Before coming to the match, he had hoped to be able to use judo as a way to subdue his opponent without hurting him. Stripped down as they were, it looked like aikido would be the best option. Jordan had not reached the black belt level in aikido but had been well along the path. He was going to try to win. But it was important that the Creek not lose face over this.

To Jordan, it had the vibe of an in-house College or Club tournament just to see who’s the champ of the house: wrestling with clear intent but without enmity, and everybody knew they would meet each other the next day. Then he remembered a slight issue: his last bout had been ages ago. He scolded himself. Arrogance was the quickest way to downfall, wasn’t it? Talking about losing face, huh? Jordan focused as he stepped forward.

And certainly, at least Gunnar wasn’t more composed than Jordan—he knew he was watched and summed up skill-wise and how to behave. Certainly, he was quick as a ghost, but aikido was not in his scrolls, so to say, and the first bout ended quickly with him tricked and thrown to the ground with a heavier man firmly placed on his shoulders. Pat-pat-pat.

He was good, though, and more careful after that and would not allow himself to get caught again. But he could never test Jordan’s defense in earnest in the second bout, which ended in a draw with advantages to Jordan. The third almost went the same way, but in the end, Gunnar concluded he must try something and found himself firmly grabbing Jordan’s wrists with his hands. Suddenly, his balance was gone. The ground beckoned as he was pulled up and down simultaneously. Tenchinage, the throw was called, when heaven and earth were connected, and he crashed down.

“It is decided!” cried Samuel.

Gunnar was confused, not knowing what had happened.
“How…how…how…how.” The others acknowledged.

Jordan went up to Gunnar and offered his hand. “Gunnar, you did very well for someone with no experience against these techniques. And you have given your friend, Harry, a great advantage by letting him observe while you took the fall. Thank you for participating in testing me.”

He looked thankfully, not only for the experience, but your words of praise sweetened his defeat. “It has been an honor to participate, Shordan Archah!”

Chief Samuel—seeing by the movements that no harm or injury was done—invited Jordan and Gunnar to sit down and Harry to prepare. Jordan was not averse to a short breather and a sip or two of water. It had not been an easy match. And now, Harry was a different kind of contest.

He bowed to the Chief and then to Harry. Smiling, he also shook Harry’s hand, then stepped back to wait for the Chief’s signal to start the round. Harry avoided contact from the beginning. If they were holding each other, Harry stood on his big, broad feet like a tree and refused to be moved around. Yes, they went down and rolled around to try to find an advantage, but after a while, Chief Samuel interrupted and told them to break contact and restart. The first was called a draw, and both were sweating heavily. Jordan was already thankful that he would not meet his third opponent today.

Jordan had made a mistake with Gunnar by letting him draw him out of aikido and into his way of fighting. In the end, he prevailed by staying non aggressive. Long ago and light years away, he had watched a demonstration of police department aikido. The police aikidoka did make aggressive moves, but Jordan had not practiced those.

Harry shook his head in doubt, but a growl from the watching elders caused him to move quickly forward, with spread arms to catch Jordan in a kind of bear-hug to take him down to the mats.

This was good for Jordan. Harry was attacking. This gave Jordan something to work with. Simultaneously, Jordan’s left arm came up and over the top of Harry’s right elbow, and Jordan’s right hand went to Harry’s left armpit. Jordan stepped to his left side, briskly pulling Harry’s right arm down while ducking under Harry's left arm and pushing up and forward on his armpit. Jordan immediately stepped forward. With his right arm pulled down and across his front because of how Jordan moved, Harry was bent over and slightly twisted to his left. Harry had been moving forward to catch Jordan with both of his arms. Jordan's push on Harry's armpit, together with Jordan's step straight ahead, launched Harry into a flying flip landing him on his back.

The force of the fall should have been spread from his hips to his shoulders and not damaged him.

Harry’s fall was hard and took the air out of him. Chief Samuel interfered and called the second round off. As the Chief looked down at Harry, worried, Harry shook his head and coughed, saying he would be alright, no harm was done, and he just needed a moment.

As the third round was called to start, Harry was already defeated inside, for he knew he had to attack but would be defeated if he tried.

Jordan walked up to Harry and put an arm around him. “Chief, Harry has not ever practiced taking falls like that. I do not think that he should continue. I forfeit this round.”

“How…how…how…how,” sounded around. “It shall be thus. Shake hands, then!” smiled Samuel, and Harry accepted gratefully. “I want to learn more of this, Shordan Archah!”

The Headmaster just smiled, and refreshments for all were brought out.

Jordan replied, “Harry, once we settle the hostilities of the Colonists, I would be pleased to teach any Creek that wishes to learn. It is very time-consuming both to teach and to learn it in the right manner.”

The festivities would have gone on for several hours with much ale and good food. But it was time to prepare for the Final Courtship Feast. A dozen or more Creek rushed into the Council Lodge, ushering out Elders and all who were not going to help get ready.

Jordan rushed back to the hut he and Maddie were using. She was waiting for him. He gave her the briefest outline of his matches when Sheilah and Angus McTavrish arrived.

Sheilah said, “This is the beginning of your Final Courtship if it is still your desire.”

Both Jordan and Maddie answered, “Yes!”

Sheilah continued, “We are here as your Best Man and Bride’s Maid to help prepare you for the Final Courtship Feast. Jordan, if you would follow Dr. McTavrish. Maddie, if you would follow me, you will be bathed and dressed for the occasion.”

Soon they were both dressed in Creek finery and escorted to the Council Hut, where the Final Courtship Feast was being held. They were seated at the head table. An empty table was behind them. Families came up to the head table in a stream bringing gifts. Jordan stayed surprised because he did not know most of those who brought gifts. Maddie stayed surprised because she did know them and would not have expected anything from most of them. The gifts were placed on the table behind them after being received. Maddie whispered in Jordan’s ear, “We are being accepted as Creek.”

A noticeable part of the gifts were neat coils of rope of various lengths and diameters. As they were finishing desert, Angela, Amanda, and Sheilah took a position behind Maddie’s chair. Amanda said, “Maddie and Jordan, we are your Final Courtship Guardians. Others were not added because we believe we know and love you best. I ask the two of you now, do you want to continue this Final Courtship?”

“I do,” answered Maddie and Jordan together.

“Maddie, come with us,” said Amanda. Maddie rose, following the Guardians away from the dinner to a small hut near the center of the village. “Make use of the latrine. It may be a long time before you have another opportunity.” Maddie had been careful not to drink much that night but was glad for the chance to relieve herself. Afterward, Amanda said, “This is your Final Courtship Hut. In it, you will find everything that you may need for the next three nights.” Sheilah held the door open, and Maddie entered, followed by the Guardians. Amanda asked, “Do you give yourself as a gift to Jordan?”

Maddie answered, “I do.”

Amanda said, “Then remove your clothing, and we will tie you up for his pleasure.” Maddie undressed, and Sheilah folded Maddie’s clothing and placed them in a chest. Most of the floor space was taken with a large four-poster bed. There were shelves everywhere with stacks of rope and other toys. “Stand beside the bed with your hands behind your back.” Angela turned Maddie so that she faced the bed and began tying her wrists in a two-column tie. Amanda looped rope around Maddie’s arms just above her elbows and pulled them together tightly. When Maddie’s elbows touched, Amanda asked, “Can you stay this way a long time? I know you are very flexible, but this can become uncomfortable quickly.”

“Yes, this is fine. I want to be presented to Jordan as a tight package.” Maddie answered. She thought that Jordan did not tie her this tight, but his ties were just as inescapable.

Sheilah had been busy tying Maddie’s legs. They were bound and cinched above the knees, below the knees, and at the ankles. Sheilah made a lark’s head noose and looped it around Maddie’s chest and arms above her breasts. After several loops, she continued with several more below her breasts. She ended by cinching the loops between Maddie’s arms and back.

“Do you think that you can escape this?” Amanda asked.

“I wouldn’t, even if I could. However, you have done an excellent job. Thank you for giving me an auspicious start for my Final Courtship.”

“Our last step in restraining you tonight will be to gag you and stretch you between the headboard and the bed’s footboard,” Amanda told her.

Sheilah took a bandanna and filled Maddie’s mouth with it. It was large, and Maddie’s jaws were stretched wide. A second bandanna was very long and circled Maddie’s head three times as a cleave gag holding the first bandanna in place. With a third bandanna, Sheilah folded it neatly to form a strip covering Maddie’s mouth from the bottom of her nose to her chin, giving a neat, orderly appearance.

Maddie thought, “I think that I am a beautiful package for Jordan. I want this to be as special for him as it is for me.”

Angela took a rope and folded it in half. She threaded the bight between Maddie’s breasts and under the rope loops going around her chest above and below her breasts. Angela cinched the bight, pulling the upper and lower ropes closer together, putting more pressure on Maddie’s breasts and making them stand out even more. She ran the two strands of the rope over each shoulder and down Maddie’s back until she could tie off the strands on the rope looped around Maddie’s arms.

“Lay her down in the middle of the bed,” Amanda instructed. The Guardians picked up Maddie and moved her to the middle of the bed. Angela used the strands of rope coming from Maddie’s elbow bands to tie her to the headboard so that her head could only go a hand’s length below the headboard. Angela and Sheilah pulled Maddie’s feet until she was stretched taunt and lashed her feet to the footboard.

Each Guardian kissed Maddie on her cheek and stroked her hair. Sheilah made sure Maddie’s hair was arranged attractively. Amanda said, “Sheilah, would you return to the Feast and escort Jordan here?”

As Sheilah ran out the door, Angela said, “Maddie, I have hoped for a better life for you for a long time. I think that you are getting it now.” Amanda nodded her head in agreement.

For people unused to Bandit customs, it would seem strange to believe Maddie would be proud to be made helpless and lie naked, exposed to any whim the male might have. But she was. Maddie was so filled with pride that a few tears escaped her eyes. She could not help it. Only a few moons back, when she was still Muddy, she was planning to run to find a roving band of bandits. Muddy was facing a very shaky future. Then she was brought to this man, Jordan, without even being asked. She considered robbing him, maybe even killing him, then running away. He must never know!

Now she was Maddie. She was a proud mate-to-be carefully laid out. She found much joy in his look. She returned it without losing contact and without a sound. It was his to decide what next, which was very proper within the Final Courtship Hut. She was resolved not to ask for even the most minor thing. To restrain her wild, free mind, as long as she was not expressly urged to ask for something.

For that was her part in this ceremony. She was happy about it. She had been Muddy once, but now she was Mae-aed-dee. She sighed.

Jordan greeted the Guardians outside the Courtship Hut but continued rushing to enter. Inside, Jordan removed Maddie’s gag and the ropes tying her to the headboard and footboard. He took his position on the bed and turned Maddie to face him. For a long time, he stroked her beautiful body and kissed her. Maddie remained silent but reacted physically. She was choked up with emotion. But Jordan could tell it was a good thing and that she was happy. He was pleased as well.

Jordan freed her, and they made love. Holding her in his arms, he said, “Sleep now, my Maddie. Our comms will wake us in the morning in time to tie you up for the Guardians. Sleep, my love.”

When his comm woke Jordan, Maddie was still in his arms but had turned so they were spooning. “Maddie, Maddie,” he called softly. She stirred and turned back to face him.

“Thank you for a wonderful night, my Shordan Archah. Now you must tie me tighter than you ever have. Any who sees me today should see the rope marks.”

“Do you have a way that you would like to be bound, Mae’aed-dee?” Jordan asked.

She responded, “I have always thought a hogtie lacked imagination, but I was wrong. It is just an expeditious and convenient way to immobilize someone. Let me go out and refresh myself. Then, if it suits you, you can put me in a restrictive hogtie.”

Soon, the first rays of the sun hit the treetops. Jordan left the Courtship Hut for breakfast as the three Guardians walked in. “Good morning, Angela. Good morning, Amanda, Good morning, Sheilah,” he said as he directed a huge smile in their direction.

The Guardians echoed, “Good morning to you.” In the hut, they gathered around the bed. Maddie was waiting in a back-aching hogtie with a panel gag that stretched her jaw to its widest. Angela said, “Sheilah, would you remove Maddie’s gag?” When the gag was removed, Maddie worked her jaw for a moment. Angela asked, “Maddie, do you wish to continue this Final Courtship?”

Maddie gushed, “Isn’t Jordan wonderful?! Oh yes, I do wish to continue. Do you find everything satisfactory?”

Amanda got a nod of approval from the other Guardians and answered, “There is no question that Jordan is pleased with you and that you have fully submitted to him. Ladies, let’s free Maddie so she can go about her day. After all, she has to continue training us. Maddie, we have your breakfast with us ….”

Jordan and Maddie continued crossbow and tactical training all morning. In the afternoon, until it was time for Jordan to return to the Council Hut, Jordan watched the tactical training. Maddie stayed to lead the crossbow trainees. The stories of yesterday’s contests were circulating around the trainees, but Maddie had not heard them. The trainees happily related to Maddie all that they had heard. Maddie was pleased that Jordan’s statue with the Creek, already high, was growing.

She had known it would. As the Headmaster wanted to talk to her, she was happy to oblige. The interview lasted about an hour while “The Twenty” did their extra handling drills. At the end of the interview, Maddie was a very puzzled bandit, wondering what it had been all about. She had answered all his questions, she thought. Yes, she had been afraid of the bots at the very beginning. No, not anymore. Yes, she could handle the house. No, she did not think the machines were dangerous to her. She had understood the safety mechanisms. Yes, she researched information by gathering data for her purposes using Jeeves’ help. The Headmaster had smiled, thanked her, and excused himself because he had to talk to some colleagues at Unihold.

She frowned. Did the Headmaster think she was too stupid? Too primitive? She would talk to Jordan later.

-----

The previous night, when the Courtship Guardians had observed Jordan entering the Final Courtship Hut, their duties were complete until sunrise the following morning. Amanda said, “I thank you for your help. We will meet for breakfast half an hour before sunrise. Until then, good night.”

Angela hugged Sheilah saying, “This is working out beyond my dreams. What do you think?”

“You have the right of it,” replied Sheilah. “See you in the morning.”

Angela then rushed to the Healer’s Lodge. As she approached it, she thought, “This isn’t my Lodge any longer. Now, I am just an apprentice once again. That is okay. To remain close to Angus, I will be whatever I need to be.”

She entered the Lodge and found Angus waiting for her. He said, “Well, Lass, have ye finished your duties as a Guardian for tonight?”

“I have, and I can be at your disposal until the Guardians meet at breakfast before sunrise,” answered Angela.

“Indeed, I have been dreaming of having ye at my disposal. Go and freshen up if you need to. Then we will begin to practice, for who knows, I might need these new skills someday for a Courtship of my own. Jeeves will wake us in the morning in plenty of time for you to meet your obligations.”

Angela discarded her buckskins and presented her crossed wrists behind her back. “Aye, Angus McTavrish. You are welcome to practice on me to your heart’s content.”

Angus took her hands and efficiently bound them in a two-column tie. He took Angela’s arm and walked her toward the bedroom. Angela said, “I thought you preferred tying me up with crossed wrists.”

“Oh, I do, Darling Angela. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t like other ways also. It will be a long time before you are free again. You will spend some time on your back before I free you. This will be easier on you than crossed wrists.”

Angus sat on the edge of the bed, pulled Angela in front of him, and began kneading her butt with his large hands and playing with her breasts with his mouth. Angela replied, but with gasps and moans, “Angus, Maddie has, oh, reminded us that there are times when, gasp, we must show you men just how, ohhhh! tough we can be. But don’t stop, gasp, what you are doing. It is perfect. Ohhhh!”

Angus let go of one of her ass cheeks to explore her mons. But that only intensified the sounds Angela was making. “Ohhhh! Gasp! Divine! Gasp!”

Later, Angus crossed her ankles and tied them together before attaching them close to her hands. It was not a back arching hogtie, although it was tight. For hours, Angus played with Angela’s beautiful body, making love to her more than once. Angela thought, “This is going to make me sore tomorrow. It doesn’t matter. I would be happy to do more than this to stay close to Angus. I did not think I would ever find such a powerful man who knows so much more than I do. I love our bondage circle, but this is ever so much better. And that mass of red hair on his head and chest is also a plus.”

Angus was also thinking, “I thought my time had passed. To find a woman like this makes me the most fortunate man on Newhome. Well, Jordan is pretty fortunate too. How am I going to bring up our mating to her? She will think it is too soon. That this is just an infatuation that will pass. But I know that it is not.”
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> This is going to make me sore tomorrow.
Yes, it will ;) But that is the consequence of getting tied up. Angela should know that by now.

> Did the Headmaster think she was too stupid?
Didn't we see earlier in the story that she would be underestimated and always prove them wrong?

Great chapter.

BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Hey,

Well the Headmaster's interest in Maddie continues...

And Angela is reminded of a basic truth; the rougher the play, the more the regrets the morning after :P. Well, maybe not always regrets, but still, the point stands.

Actually, the bouts and the whole courtship vaguely reminds me of a book I read a very very long time ago (or specifically a scene from it that always stuck with me).

It was a similar scenario with outside explorers becoming part of a tribe that had been living in a region of land for a while (a large caldera valley of a volcano from what I remember). The scene covered a matchmaking rite.

All the single women lined up naked in a long line. They all braided their hair in a single long braid. Then each man, dressed in his full warrior's equipment would walk the line (the order they went was determined by the outcome of bouts or some other ranking, I do not remember), up and down many times.

When he made his selection he would 'tag' the woman on the shoulder, and then she would need to start running a wide circle (with a momentary head start). Basically, the outcome was determined by if he could catch her (by the braid) before she ran all the way back to her starting position.

What made the scene stick with me was some details of how it worked. One obvious thing was that since the man had to run in full gear, and the women were naked, it was pretty hard to catch them. Usually the woman would have to let the man catch her.

Although of course the more dedicated/athletic might manage to catch whoever they wanted. And a character explained, that in that case the strategy was to lull them in a false sense of security (by walking the line up and down a few times). So there was a mix of the willing and the unwilling.

Well, a pretty random thought, but that is what all this reminds me of.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

What shall I say? [mention]GreyLord[/mention] First things first: A fascinating chapter: And it is fascinating how Maddie grows and Jordan adapts to the Creek´s ways. Regarding Angela? Some like it hot, or so they say :)
charliesmith
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by charliesmith »

This story has got it all. Great characters, settings, dialogues and a wonderful storyline! I am really impressed by it. Great job [mention]GreyLord[/mention] :D
Please feel free to read and comment your thoughts.
My ongoing stories:

Roadtrip of Dreams (M/F) Chapter 14 Added.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago > This is going to make me sore tomorrow.
Yes, it will ;) But that is the consequence of getting tied up. Angela should know that by now.

> Did the Headmaster think she was too stupid?
Didn't we see earlier in the story that she would be underestimated and always prove them wrong?

Great chapter.
Well, there is tied up, then there is TIED UP. See my reply to @Caesar73 below concerning Angela.

Soon, you will see what the Headmaster was up to. (Did I end that in a double preposition?) Thanks for your comments, [mention]slackywacky[/mention].
h56jh1 wrote: 1 year ago another great chapter.
Without your approval for each chapter, I would despair, [mention]h56jh1[/mention]. Thank you for reading and for commenting.
BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago Hey,

Well the Headmaster's interest in Maddie continues...

And Angela is reminded of a basic truth; the rougher the play, the more the regrets the morning after :P. Well, maybe not always regrets, but still, the point stands.

Actually, the bouts and the whole courtship vaguely reminds me of a book I read a very very long time ago (or specifically a scene from it that always stuck with me).

It was a similar scenario with outside explorers becoming part of a tribe that had been living in a region of land for a while (a large caldera valley of a volcano from what I remember). The scene covered a matchmaking rite.

All the single women lined up naked in a long line. They all braided their hair in a single long braid. Then each man, dressed in his full warrior's equipment would walk the line (the order they went was determined by the outcome of bouts or some other ranking, I do not remember), up and down many times.

When he made his selection he would 'tag' the woman on the shoulder, and then she would need to start running a wide circle (with a momentary head start). Basically, the outcome was determined by if he could catch her (by the braid) before she ran all the way back to her starting position.

What made the scene stick with me was some details of how it worked. One obvious thing was that since the man had to run in full gear, and the women were naked, it was pretty hard to catch them. Usually the woman would have to let the man catch her.

Although of course the more dedicated/athletic might manage to catch whoever they wanted. And a character explained, that in that case the strategy was to lull them in a false sense of security (by walking the line up and down a few times). So there was a mix of the willing and the unwilling.

Well, a pretty random thought, but that is what all this reminds me of.
Your mind makes amazing connections, [mention]BlissfulMisery[/mention]. Thank you for sharing that with us.
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago What shall I say? @GreyLord First things first: A fascinating chapter: And it is fascinating how Maddie grows and Jordan adapts to the Creek´s ways. Regarding Angela? Some like it hot, or so they say :)
Thank you so much, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. The years were passing poor Angela by and she was at the point of despair of ever finding a man worthy of her submission. Then, out of deep space, Angus arrives. Now, Angela is pushing the envelop to make up for lost time.
charliesmith wrote: 1 year ago This story has got it all. Great characters, settings, dialogues and a wonderful storyline! I am really impressed by it. Great job @GreyLord :D
Thank you for this great endorsement, [mention]charliesmith[/mention]. We are working hard to bring you more of the same.
Spy Task Force Completed
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Now, Angela is pushing the envelope to make up for lost time.
Aren't we all (those of us past 50)? :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic