The Files of Art. Inc.: The Hunt for the Lost Scrolls: Chapter 115 (25.03.2024) (FFFF/FFF/ MM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

a nice little contest and tuition at the same time! Added by dark visions of evil plans... who's to be kidnapped? Great suspense!
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

I have no clue where you are able to pull these words from. Your productivity is astonishing. I would never be able to produce such long chapters so regularly.

The reason for this contest still puzzles me. Was it just team-building? Fun? Or did they truly want to teach bondage to Tabea? The way they did it seemed a little unhealthy: Too much, too fast. Tabea was peer-pressured into groping the others. If her first experience with bondage was the forced tie-up earlier this story, I truly think that Chris and Co have a tarnished image of consent and being appropriate when it comes to their girl games. Otherwise, the only possible reason is to note that what happened to them after the concert was not a big deal -- they also do this to each other -- seems equally horrendous. Anyways, I would have preferred a little slower approach or it being framed differently (for example, Tabea showing interest from the start).

The bondage itself was well-described as always.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

We must hope that Tabea appreciates both the care and the honor that has been bestowed upon her. Will her metal be tested again in the future?
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

I think Beaumains said it.

It feels like Tabea is forced into enjoying bondage, rather that she looking to enjoy it herself. It would've been better if she was the one asking "may I touch this?", "may I try this?", "what about we do this?", instead of Anna and Christine directing the events. It looks like Tabea was there just because her friends told her too, not because she actually want to be there.

And this is something I mentioned in the last story. Does these stories contain traumatic event for the characters that will help them grow? Yes. But, does these stories also treat said events as a justification to include consensual, fun bondage intimate scenes? Also yes. Personally, I don't think you can have it both ways. If their first encounter with Ank-Sun-Amun is to be traumatic for Tabea, it has to be treated as such and in this chapter, it felt rushed just so we could have a bondage consensual scene.

Having said that, I find two good points: One, this chapter can be entirely skipped in terms of the plot (I have a feeling that Tabea venturing into the world of bondage won't affect the main story whatsoever), and two, the descriptions of the bondage, teasing and such are impeccable as always. I think said descriptions are, by far, the best feature of the story.

On a foot note, and this comes a personal preference, I liked in the previous chapters when we were completely in the dark in relation with the villain. That was a nice change from the first story. Now we get a short scene with Ank-Sun-Amun, which is nice, but I liked it when the readers and the protagonists were unveiling the mystery together.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago I think Beaumains said it.

It feels like Tabea is forced into enjoying bondage, rather that she looking to enjoy it herself. It would've been better if she was the one asking "may I touch this?", "may I try this?", "what about we do this?", instead of Anna and Christine directing the events. It looks like Tabea was there just because her friends told her too, not because she actually want to be there.
You and [mention]Beaumains[/mention] have a point here - that problem could have been solved differently :)

Having said that, I find two good points: One, this chapter can be entirely skipped in terms of the plot (I have a feeling that Tabea venturing into the world of bondage won't affect the main story whatsoever), and two, the descriptions of the bondage, teasing and such are impeccable as always. I think said descriptions are, by far, the best feature of the story.
Thank you. Regarding Tabea that was how it is meant to be - plotwise the most important paragraph is the last of this chapter. To leave it out completely would have been an option - but I opted for this approach, because it does not give too much away, it serves as a teaser: Who is the Grand Vizier? Who is the target of Anck-Sun-Amun and her team? Who does she works for? What is so important about the Scrolls?

All questions that maybe answered at some point - or not :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Nainur wrote: 1 year ago a nice little contest and tuition at the same time! Added by dark visions of evil plans... who's to be kidnapped? Great suspense!
[mention]Nainur[/mention] I think you summed this chapter up nicely - while the good guys play, the evil does not sleep - so the next confrontation is about to happen sooner or later. You raise an important question here; Who is Anck-Sun-Amuns intended target? Will Chris and her friends be able to hinder them?
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Hi Folks,

do not miss the latest post in the Thead "The Hunt for the Weinstein-Collection":

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 84#p131084

The next update on this story is due today or tomorrow.
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Oh how I wish you’d slow down with your posts. NOT. But it does mean keeping up is hard to do my friend. As it seems like I step away for only a short while and I’ve got a decade of twists and turns. Fantastic characters and ideas. Great dialogue and interchanges to catch up on. Honestly it’s killing me lol
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]Driverman[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Damsel-Dilara-Dee[/mention] [mention]kidnapph[/mention]
Bandit666 wrote: 1 year ago Oh how I wish you’d slow down with your posts. NOT. But it does mean keeping up is hard to do my friend. As it seems like I step away for only a short while and I’ve got a decade of twists and turns. Fantastic characters and ideas. Great dialogue and interchanges to catch up on. Honestly it’s killing me lol
To give you time to catch [mention]Bandit666[/mention] today´s update will be more on the short side :)

The next day: 10000 Feet over the Atlantic, 0100 PM

Chris gazed out of window of the private jet and stifled a yawn. They had left Shady very early in the morning. After they were back in town, they all had packed their gear and met at the airport, were the private jet already had been waiting.

Sybil had texted Chris, that she and Sophie had secured their lodgings in London. She and Sophie would meet them there this evening. The pianist and Rachel had agreed though that she and Tabea would stay in New York.

After the events in Rachel´s apartment and in the Wilderness, Chris thought it better if they stayed in town. It was highly likely that there might another confrontation with their new enemy and Chris simply didn´t want to risk Rachel´s and Tabea´s safety.

The heiress of the Weinstein-Collection had not exactly been happy with the prospect of being left behind, but saw sense in the end. And for Tabea it was definitely the best. The introduction into the realm of consensual bondage may have helped her to cope with the horrific experiences of late, but the young woman was not trained for the challenges which Chris and her friends would have to face in London and wherever their quest might lead them.

In the morning she had skyped with Robert. She and Robert von Harenberg went back a long way to her late teen-years in Heidelberg. They had met again, when their quest for the Weinstein-Collection had led them back to the venerable city at the river Neckar, with its old university and its equally famous castle, whose ruins towered over the city.

Chris had always liked the lawyer but never seen more in him than a good friend. That had changed when they had met in Heidelberg again last year. Robert had been very helpful to get them an appointment with Peter Stromberg but not only with that – there had been some memorable nights too … Chris had to smile as she recalled one of those evenings, after they had dinner with Anna and Kate:

10 Minutes later, Christine was tied down in a very tight spread angle on the bed. Robert looked down at her, gazing at his prize. "What a sight." He let his fingers wander softly across the nylon covered sole of her left foot, beginning at the heel. A soft giggle moan escaped her lips. He gave her right foot a tickle. Then both. Christine giggled softly behind her ball gagged lips.

Robert went to the champagne cooler and fetched some ice cubes. He knelt beside Christine´s side on the bed. And took the ice cube, rubbed it slowly across her upper body, around her navel, around her heaving breasts, following the trail of water with a line of slow kisses, which seemed to burn on Chris´ hot skin.

Then a wicked grin crossed his slips. Robert took another cube and let it slide in into her panties. Christine moaned and trashed around the bed

That had been a night to remember – indeed – and she sighed … after Heidelberg the trail had led Chris, Anna and Kate to Nuremberg. Robert had stayed behind in Heidelberg. And they had not seen again till they had returned from Egypt in early November.

In early December, the pianist had invited Robert to accompany her to Japan, to a small hamlet in the mountains near Sapporo, which she had inherited from her sensei, Sensei Nakamura, who had been like a surrogate father to her, after her parents had died in a car crash, some 20 years ago.

Chris spent usually a week or two there every year, especially at times, when she had the urge to recharge her batteries. Robert and Chris had spent a week there in the middle of nowhere. Since then she had spent the occasional weekend at Heidelberg.

If there would be ever more she could not tell, it was not that she did not trust Robert but each of them had a life: She in Hamburg, as renowned Artist on the stages of the world and CEO of Art Incorporated and Robert as a highly successful counsel for the defence in Heidelberg. True, as a lawyer of his calibre it would be no problem for him to get a job in the old and venerable “Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg” – but so far he had not made any decision.

And there was another problem Chris knew, even if Robert had not said so: Till last year he had only known the great artist, but with the other Chris, the one who wielded the Katana and was well versed in martial arts he had come to terms with still – and Chris understood that. Most people who got to know those two sides of her reacted that way – it made life complicated at times.

If she was completely honest with herself she had to admit, that she had trouble to give up control and even more to commit herself totally to a relationship, simply to let go.

When she had skyped with Robert this morning they had agreed that Chris would come to Heidelberg for a few days, when they had finished their business in the UK, and then they would talk.

Chris stifled another yawn closed her eyes and was fast asleep as soon as she had closed them.

Around the same time: British Museum –Egyptian Collection:

Evelyn – or Evie – Callahan, Professor Evelyn Callahan III to be correct, was working on the translation of a papyrus of the extensive collection of the museum, in fact one of the largest collections in the world, in this case one from the 5th Dynasty, and papyri from this early period were rare. The one she worked on was in fact not a complete papyrus but mere fragments. To make sense of those fragments was a challenge – and an art.

The Pyramid-Texts of the Old Kingdom were Evie´s speciality, which made Evie an authority in this department. Despite only in her early thirties, Evie had quite the reputation in the sacred community of Egyptologists. She had a talent to make sense of mere fragments.

All papyri of the British Museum had been digitalized in the last years. But Evie preferred to work with the original whenever possible she needed to touch the papyrus, to feel it´s texture. Normally she would forget everything around her but today she was distracted.

Rachel´s call yesterday had intrigued her, to say the least. Her friend and benefactor had sounded rather mysterious. Obviously she had not wanted to say too much at the phone.

Rachel had told her, that someone needed her expertise in a certain matter, and that she should meet said someone and her associates at a still to be specified location. The heiress had told her, that someone would text her, where to meet this mysterious acquaintance of hers.

Evie loved a good mystery and so she looked at her smartphone, every few minutes. But no luck so far when after a few minutes the signal of an incoming message nearly made her jump.

Evie opened the message and read it – and made some calculations. The location was in the north east of London, not far from the A2. Time of the meeting tomorrow 1200 AM for lunch.

The Egyptologist was giddy with expectation. Her famous ancestors Rick O´ Connell and Evelyn Callahan I would have loved a story like this. Of that she was sure. She concentrated on the papyrus again.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

weird. But in a cool sense, mind! :D
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

The reader can feel the movement toward as yet unknown events. Very exciting, [mention]Caesar73[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

I've said it during the first story: I'm not a fan of Robert. Mostly I felt his inclusion in the story was with the sole purpose of giving Christine consensual intimate scenes (which we eventually got with the Dark Lady and Sieglinde, and those were better). So I'm not super excited to see a potential return of said character.

But it's good to see Christine's reflections on that relationship. About what and why it failed. Somehow this chapter gives me more insight into Robert than all his appearances from the first story.

Slow chapter, but I'm guessing the action will come soon.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> Most people who got to know those two sides of her reacted that way – it made life complicated at times.

What would life be without complications...

As said by others, slow-ish chapter, but you have to provide context occasionally. And I bet when times are slow, the women still find ways to get tied up.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Nice chapter, albeit a bit slow. For me, the flashbacks/refreshments are not necessary. My stupid brain can still kinda recall the storyline.

Also, I have a maybe strange question: for the amount of risk and the opponents they are facing Chris seems not to yake many precautions with regard to her privacy. There are people hunting them down, so every phonecall or text message should be assumed to be intercepted. Even though she was careful here for a moment, it is still a lot of risk. If their enemy even knows Evie is contacted, she will be in trouble (as any request for help would clearlt lead Chris closer to her enemy).
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Nice chapter, albeit a bit slow. For me, the flashbacks/refreshments are not necessary. My stupid brain can still kinda recall the storyline.
Yep, I know, the pace has slowed down a bit - but it´s serves a purpose and I can assure you, there will be plenty of action soon enough. This slow build up lays the ground work for the things to come.

So the measured pace will continue for the next two updates at least - the next one is due today or tomorrow at at the latest :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention]

The calm before the Storm?

Hall Place Manor, London 1030 PM

Sophie Reichenbach, former District Attorney and now Cooperate Lawyer of Art. Inc., stood in the spacious Dining Hall and nodded to herself, obviously pleased with her work, after she had laid the Table.

The Fire in the large Fireplace was burning brightly and filled the Hall with its warm light. Sybil and Sophie had arrived at Hall Place Manor around 0600 PM and since then busied themselves with preparing for the arrival of their friends.

While Sybil had built up her computers, Sophie had prepared the meal. Being an accomplished cook she loved it to familiarize herself with the cuisine of the Land she visited.

She had always found that a cuisine of one country could tell a lot about its culture and its people. While she loved the Italian cuisine her mother had taught her, she had always been eager to broaden her horizon. Sophie had spent one term in Cambridge, so the British cuisine was no terra incognita to her.

The former District Attorney had concluded that a pie would be perfect for dinner no doubt their friends would be famished after the long flight – and Anna had a very healthy appetite as she knew.

Anna and Sophie had in common their love to cook and to explore new culinary worlds and whenever they could make time they cooked together, which had been not very often since Sophie had begun her training after she had decided to accept Chris´ offer to join Art Incorporated.

For the occasion Sophie had prepared one of the most British dishes at all: a Shepherd´s Pie. A rich Merlot would be the perfect Companion.

Sophie looked forward to see her friends again: She had not seen Kirsty and Hayley and Kate since their vacation at the Red Sea after the hunt for the Weinstein-Collection. Since then many things had happened. She had quitted her Job as District Attorney at Nuremberg and sold Reichenbach Incorporated with Lucas´ consent.

The only thing her husband had insisted on was keeping the Family Estate Reichenbach Castle, which she found a bit strange since her late father in law had despised his son, since early childhood.

The cruel old bastard had taken immense pleasure in blackmailing Sophie and torturing her. Lucas and she had had some long talks, difficult ones. He had been truly shocked when she told him about the cruel bondage games of his father: “I need time” which she had understood but things had changed.

After the events following the assassination of her father in law and her abduction by von Winterfeldt´s Valkyries, her captivity at the Adlernest, Chris´ and her escape and the final attack on the Adlernest she simply could not return to her former life as if nothing had happened, so she had accepted Chris´ offer to work for Art Incorporated as lawyer and field operative.

Von Winterfeldt had told her, that she had barely tapped into a fraction of her potential. She had dismissed that notion at first. If she was honest with herself she had done that, because von Winterfeldt had said that.

She thought of her husband. To her it seemed that Lucas had spent only as much time in Germany as he had to. So they had not seen each other very often in the last months. He had barely touched her on those rare occasions as if she had had leprosy. One more thing she would have gladly murdered her late father in law for. That Brunhild had executed him she did not regret.

Yesterday she had finished her course in advanced weaponry training. Sophie had just arrived back in Hamburg when Chris´ had called her and told her and Sybil to pack for London.

Obviously their friends had stumbled upon a new mystery.

“The security systems are working on peak efficiency” Sybil broke her out of her reverie. Officially Art Inc.´s secretary she was much more: Resident Hacker, Tech Wizard and the good Soul of Art. Inc. Sophie had grown fond of the bubbly secretary, which looked like a twin of the famous model Chrissie Marie. “I am very curious what they found at Al Mansur´s Estate” Sybil continued enthusiastically, who loved a good mystery, riddles, encryptions and codes. The more complex the better.

“Obviously they found something” Sophie smiled – or we wouldn´t be here at this absolutely fantastic Tudor Mansion – how did you acquire it on such short notice anyway?”

Sybil grinned “Chris is very well connected – and an old friend owned her a favour and here we are – and our connections to Hogwarts did not hurt either”

“Now you are pulling my leg” the Lawyer teased Sybil, who returned “I wouldn´t dream of it – and you now there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio …”

“Then are dreamt of in your philosophy” Sophie completed the famous quote, smiling. Had Sybil pulled her leg? Sophie dismissed the thought. There was no such thing as magic, the lawyer in her told her. Vernon Dursley would have shared that sentiment.

An incoming signal interrupted them. Sybil looked at her tablet. “They have passed the gates and will arrive shortly”

They hurried to the entrance hall, which was located in the older part of the estate. They waited.

The Doors swung open and Chris entered followed by Anna and Kate, Kirsty and Hayley at their heels and another familiar face: The Dark Lady. They hugged each other tightly “So good to see you again” Kate beamed at Sophie, the detective and the lawyer had formed a close bond during the hunt.

“How was the flight?” Sybil smiled at Chris “Fine, but I am dead tired and I am famished” the pianist returned and stifled a yawn “Damned jet lag”

“Then will you be happy to hear that Sophie has a Shepherd's Pie in the oven” the secretary added smiling.

Chris smiled and clapped in her hands “Listen up girls – let us settle in and then meet in the dining room – I heard Sophie has a pie in the oven”

“I hope there is enough for you guys to have some too.” Anna quipped

“There is” Sophie smiled, I knew that you were coming so I made enough to feed an army”

“You know me simply too well” the Russian smiled

30 Minutes Later: Dining Hall:

“Wow!” Hayley was impressed as she looked around “How old is this place?” “The older part was erected in 1537 while construction for the newer Part began in 1641” Sybil explained – and teased the American “For you colonists everything older than the Declaration of Independence is old”

The red wine shimmered dark ruby red in their crystal goblets and the American took a sip and savoured the rich bouquet of the Merlot – of German Vintage, more precisely from the southern Palatinate.

She looked around and smiled fondly at her amiably chatting friends. It was so good to see them all again. Hayley had grown fond of all of them. She and Kirsty owed Chris and her Friends a lot.

Hayley remembered the moment when her father had pulled her into his arms, after she had finally returned to the States, after her altercations with Elizabeth Crawford and her captivity on Mystery Island. Without Chris´ intervention that would have been impossible.

The door to the Kitchen swung open and the chatter died down as Sophie rolled a large casserole dish on a serving trolley in which seemed to be steaming hot. “That smells delicious” Kirsty complimented Sophie

“I hope it is to your liking” the dark haired woman, which looked so very much like a reincarnation of Sophia Loren, returned modestly “It is my first Shepherd´s Pie” The Briton smiled “If the scent says anything about the taste, it will be perfect” Kirsty added “I hadn´t a decent Shepherd´s Pie in years!”

“My confidence in your cooking abilities is total, Sophie” Anna grinned as she helped herself to a double portion of the Pie “You have used real cheddar!” the Russian sighed contently. "The potato is so nice and the meat......"

Sophie smiled as she whispered to the Russian, "Traditional Welsh salt marsh lamb. They are raised on the Welsh coast and fed in the marshes, giving the meat a subtle flavour of samphire and sea lavender."

Anna grinned, thinking back to a certain event from the Hunt, when she and Chris had found Kate in quite the Predicament, which involved a sheep … maybe she would send Castle the Pictures – for inspiration. Kate would kill her – but it would be worth the while. Anna´s smile became broader. In fact it was the first time since their encounter with Anck-Sun-Amun, that the Russian forgot about that incident for quite a while.

For a while nobody spoke, they all way too busy with the pie.

Anna had the distinctive feeling she should enjoy this catching up with her friends. Her instincts told her a storm was drawing near and she knew, the others were feeling the same way.
Last edited by Caesar73 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Well, I am finding - and writing this is overdue - astonishing: in quantity and quality alike! I am stunned, tbh.
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Damn. If I don’t turn my back for only a few days to work on my own projects and find yet more amazing updates. As [mention]Nainur[/mention] states the quality and quality are astonishing my friend. You never fail to amaze with all these tales. All your detail and imagination
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Mmm...

As much as I liked the change of pace after the explosion at Al Mansur's manor (after 3-4 chapters of full action, we needed that pause), I feel the pause is overextending its welcome. We had the first one (which was very cool chapter), the one with Tabea introduced into consensual bondage (which in terms of plot, one can skip), the third one with Christine on the plane (which on TV would be called a clip show: one chapter consisted on mainly flashbacks) and now this one. The pace seemed to have really gone down.

(Not only that, but it even seems to go... backwards? With Christine remembering her time with Robert, now Sophie remembers her relationship with her husband and some paragraphs of Hayley remembering Elizabeth Crawford).

Additionally, I am not a big fan of the Hogwarts references. I love the Harry Potter world, but with all the laws to hide the wizarding world from the muggles, it seems unlikely that they would offer any kind of help. Not only that, but it opens the possibility that a sudden potion, spell or artifact is brought as a deux ex machina to solve the plot.

Like always, there are detailed descriptions of the places, foods and drinks, which are really good in both this story and the first one.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Nice chapter. You are great of finding pictures of strange, luxurious places.

but I have to agree with Mineira's comment: It all seems a little to slow. In this entire chapter, we learned nothing. It maybe fun to write and feel necessary to outline the connections between the girls, but it is better to weave this into the plot or show what the character's thoughts/history/ideas instead of telling about them. By now, you should not have to tell us anymore that these people are friends: That is clear (Hayley in this chapter). Sometimes, unimportant details are also repeated multiple times, making me wonder whether I am reading the same sentence (Anna's appetite, for example).

For example, a more fast-paced way to write this chapter is to start with the arrival of the crew, let them compliment Sophia's cooking skills, and then let Sophie explain she can go on a mission now in dialogue.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Nice chapter. You are great of finding pictures of strange, luxurious places.

but I have to agree with Mineira's comment: It all seems a little to slow. In this entire chapter, we learned nothing. It maybe fun to write and feel necessary to outline the connections between the girls, but it is better to weave this into the plot or show what the character's thoughts/history/ideas instead of telling about them. By now, you should not have to tell us anymore that these people are friends: That is clear (Hayley in this chapter). Sometimes, unimportant details are also repeated multiple times, making me wonder whether I am reading the same sentence (Anna's appetite, for example).
Dear Beaumains, dear [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] , thank you as always that you take the time and spend the effort to comment in detail, I take that as a compliment :)

Your argument Beaumains is absolutely understandable. Though I do not share the notion, the plot is stalling completely - there are things under the surface in this chapter, which are not plain to see and become relevant later, for plot development and character development - and soon. Take Sophie´s reflections for instance.

From now on the plot will progress steadily forward, with some calmer periods:

I thought about Chris explaining the mission in this chapter, but decided against it in the end. Why? They all know that the next day they will meet their expert and there will be briefing anyway - so why not enjoy the evening after a long day of travel? Seemed natural enough to me :)

While one can certainly argue that little or nothing happens in these two last chapters and that they are too long :) I have a different point of view: As it stands the story will end with over 260 Pages, so the space these two chapters take is not out of proportion.

Regarding the flashbacks and reflections: One reason why I chose this approach: Longtime readers like you are familiar with the background of the characters - but readers who did not read the Hunt for the Weinstein-Collection might find them useful, to get a better understanding, about the dynamics between the characters or why the do what they do.

As for Anna´s appetite? Guilty as charged _ I will keep an eye on that

The Hogwarts References .... I wouldn´t take them too seriously. Consider them a joke, a whim of mine :)

At times I could not resist a temptation, but that is just me :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Driverman[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention]

The next day: Hall Place late morning:

Evie stood before the large double winged iron wrought gate. She had taken the tube, then the bus and walked the ten Minutes to Hall Place Manor. It was a cold, grey, rainy and windy day and she couldn´t wait to get somewhere warm.

She pressed the doorbell. On the gate´s posts two cameras were installed, which followed her every movement. Nearly noiselessly the Gates swung open. Evie entered and the Gates closed behind her.

She followed the gravelled pathway which led to Hall Place Manor. The manor consisted of the older tudorian wing and another larger wing which had been erected in the 17th century built of red brick.

The gravelled pathway ended before the entrance gate of the older structure, It´s outer walls were built a distinctive checkerboard pattern made of flint and rubble, a beautiful example of the masonry style popular in the late 15th and 16th century.

Evie was intrigued. Obviously her arrival had been noticed as the large and heavy oaken door swung open almost noiselessly. In the hall two women awaited her: One was a tall blonde with piercing blue eyes, her auburn haired companion stood three steps behind her. Both were dressed nearly identical: jeans, ankle boots and turtlenecks, in different colours though.

What intrigued Evie even more was that both women wore shoulder holsters and if she thought things through, it looked like the auburn haired woman was covering her companion. Her brown eyes followed Evie´s every movement intently.

“Doctor Callahan, please come inside” the blonde greeted her warmly. American, East Coast, expensive private Schools, Evie guessed. “I am Hayley and this is Kirsty” the blonde introduced herself. No surnames were given as Evie noticed.

Evie stepped into the entrance hall. “If you would like to take off your coat?” the blonde who had herself introduced as Hayley offered and Evie was only too glad to get out of the heavy, slightly damp brown coat.

“I hope you don´t mind but there are some security protocols to adhere to” the blonde continued, politely but firm “Would you give your laptop and smartphone and any other electronic device you carry to Kirsty please?”

“This is not a just a polite request” Evie thought to herself.

“You will get them back, but we will have checked them first” Obviously Hayley registered the questioning look on Evie´s face “These measures might strike you strange, but we will explain everything later” Meanwhile the auburn haired woman had opened a heavily padded metal box in which she put Evie´s smartphone and laptop.

Hayley had produced a device which looked very much like a portable body scanner. She scanned Evie from top to bottom. “She is clean”

Behind her the door swung open again and Evie turned around. In the doorway stood a tall woman, which reminded Evie of the young Sophia Loren, probably in her mid-thirties? Her catlike green eyes mustered her intently “She has not been followed” she announced and to her surprise and maybe an ounce embarrassment Evie felt her cheeks turning red, when she felt the eyes of the other Woman on her.

“May I introduce Sophie?” Hayley provided. Evie watched as the dark haired woman took of her coat and cap. She too wore a shoulder holster. “Nice to meet you Doctor Callahan” the Woman greeted Evie politely and graced her with a warm smile

Her – very British - English was perfect, not a trace of an accent – and her voice …it had a rich dark timbre “Mezzo Soprano” Evie thought automatically. “I would like to hear her sing” she didn´t know where this thought came from. Suddenly she felt a tingle of excitement in her stomach, well a little more south – but that voice … she just couldn´t help it, it touched her.

Hayley turned to Evie again “If you would follow us please?” The others are waiting in the conference room. The blonde leaded the way, Evie followed, Kirsty and Sophie brought up the rear.

“Sounds like your training pays off” the Briton teased the German “Obviously” the former DA smiled back.

Evie was really really curious by now. The tight security measures were like straight out of a James-Bond-Thriller. They followed several long corridors, before they came to a halt before a large wooden door.

Hayley knocked, waited shortly and entered, bidding Evie to follow her. Sophie closed the door behind them, while Kirsty delivered the box, which contained Evie´s smartphone and laptop to a brown haired woman, who greeted Evie friendly.

Evie scanned the room which must have been a dining hall in the past. Now stood a large conference table in its centre, four women were looking expectantly at her: One was a tall blonde, her mane in a ponytail, looking at her intently with bright emerald green eyes.

Next to her sat a black haired woman with slavonic features, the woman at her side was brown haired, with the most amazing cheekbones Evie had ever seen. She was scrutinizing the newcomer with a cool professional gaze. The fourth, slightly older of the quartet wore her black hair in a stylish bob. Her black eyes cold as stone and a small smile curled her lips – which gave Evie the creeps.

Evie stared flabbergasted at the blonde and the woman next to her, she had seen them just last week in a concert which had been broadcasted from Carnegie Hall! The blonde woman was obviously amused by Evie´s consternation.

“You are Christine von der Marwitz” Evie blurted out, “then you” she looked at the dark haired woman “must be the Anna Romanova! The Chopin, the Brahms … just wow! And you must tell me all how you retrieved it!”

“Isn´t she cute?” the Russian asked her friend smiling “Indeed” the blonde responded and stood to greet Evie “As you correctly surmised I am Christine von der Marwitz and this is my dear friend Anna Romanova – and yes she is the Anna Romanova” Chris smile broadened

“May I introduce you to Captain Kate Beckett with the NYPD” the brown haired woman nodded politely “and Sarah McKenzie also known in certain circles as the Dark Lady” Chris smiled broadly at the other black haired woman. “And over there” she pointed at the woman behind the computer screens “Sybil, our technical genius and good soul of the house”

“I guess you have a lot of questions, why we wanted to talk to you and what all this is about. Have a seat please!”

As Evie had sat down the blonde continued “This is why we need your expertise” and during the next 10 minutes the pianist summarized the events of the last week.

Around the same time: British Museum, the Office of Evie Callahan:

As she walked to her professor´s office, her high heels clicking on the marble floor, Amanda Carter wondered about her boss´ behaviour. On very short notice, Evie Callahan had told her assistant to deliver her lecture about the Pyramid Texts of the 5th Dynasty and cancel all other appointments for the day.

Not that she complained about taking over from her professor. On the contrary, but she really wanted to know what all of this was about. But Callahan had been tight lipped and evasive, which was unusual for her. All she had let on was that she had to attend a meeting with some donors of the museum – but Carter knew that was only half the truth, Evie Callahan was a terrible liar after all.

Nearing Callahan´s office Amanda froze: The office´s door stood slightly ajar and she knew she had locked it. She slipped her high heels off and sneaked slowly and cautiously on her stockinged feet to the door. She peered around the corner. With the back to her was a woman standing, searching the professor´s office. Amanda pulled herself together and opened the door.

“What are you doing in professor Callahan´s office?” She demanded. The black haired woman turned, her sleek black hair fell down to her shoulders. She was strikingly beautiful, but what really caught Amanda´s attention were the cold grey eyes of the woman, which regarded her with a piercing look, her smile did not reach the eyes.

“What I am doing here? She repeated Amanda´s question “It is rather obvious sweetie, don´t you think? I am searching the professor´s office” She sounded honey sweet, but something about her gave Amanda the creeps “But maybe you can help me out, can´t you darling?”

Amanda froze as something cold was pressed in her neck. The woman was not alone!

If possible the smile of the woman became even more evil “Why don´t you make Amanda darling comfortable Nofret so we can have a civilised talk?”

Amanda was frozen with shock. Fight or flight was not an option.

Hall Place Manor around the same Time:

“And this is why we need your help – and Rachel told us, that you would be the right person for the job” Chris finished her summary of the events which had taken place, the last few days.

Evie mulled things over before responding “For a detailed analysis of the artefact I would need the facilities of our lab”

“We thought about that” Chris replied “but under the circumstances we consider it a risk moving the artefact. The people we have to deal with are absolutely ruthless and they have probably realized that we have come here to seek your help, and guaranteeing your safety in the museum might prove difficult, so we asked ourselves: If we could provide you with the necessary tools – could you do the work here?”

The egyptologist pondered the question “If you can provide me with the equipment I need, it should be possible, if the artefact is not in a bad condition.

“Then start writing a list” Anna smiled. “Another thing” Kate interrupted “It might be better if you stay for the time being here at Hall Place Manor, here we can protect you” “And two of us will company you were ever you go for the time being” Chris added.

“Don´t you think that not a tad too much?” Evie sounded unconvinced “Actually we don´t” Chris stated flatly, which gave Evie pause – the pianist continued softer “As I said, we have to deal with ruthless sadists of the biggest calibre – will you work with us under these conditions? I would understand if you have any reservations”

Callahan hesitated not a second, this seemed like the opportunity of a lifetime for her “I will work with you, but we have to go to the museum later – I need several things from my office and my Assistant is expecting me back later”

“That can be easily arranged” Anna smiled.

British Museum, the Office of Evie Callahan:

Her attackers had been true to their word, they had made Amanda “comfortable”, which meant that she had been forced to undress at gunpoint. She had been allowed to keep her Bra, Panties and hose. Then she had been tied down to the office chair of Evie Callahan in a most uncomfortable way.

Her arms behind the back of the chair had been lashed together at her wrists, below and above the elbows. Very tightly so, tightly tied rope bands above and below her heaving breasts pressed her into the chair.

Her legs had been melted together with five bands of coarse rope. Two above her tights, three below, the worst was the toe tie: Her big toes had been lashed together and connected to her wrist bonds.

So tight, that her toes barely touched the floor. Her mouth had been stuffed with used hose and at least 20 turns of translucent tape held the worn garment in her mouth.

With wide eyes she stared up to her captor. A cruel smile crossed the lips of the black haired woman “There is no need to be anxious darling” she addressed Amanda like a small child. “Just tell me what I want to know, and we are out of your hair”

Her tormentor looked down on her full and firm breasts “It is a crime against humanity to cover such beauties” and with a casual flick of her knife she severed Amanda´s Bra - almost casually the mad woman pinched her left nipple. Amanda would have screamed safe for the tight gag.

“Just tell me dear, do you know where the professor went Amanda darling? We found no electronic device in her office” Amanda stiff with fear shook her head “Are you sure” her captor asked sweetly, the young woman nodded frantically. Those cold eyes fixated her.

“I really would like to believe you precious” the woman spoke with regret “But I must be sure, you surely understand that, don´t you, little one?” Amanda nodded again, but the black haired woman pressed her knife against her larynx, so tight that blood oozed out of a deep cut “Are you sure?” the Woman asked her quivering and shivering victim again “Are you absolutely sure? Think!”

Amanda dared not to move her head, but obviously her tormentor saw something in her eyes. “I believe you” the Woman told her “And be so kind to tell Doctor Callahan that I very much desire to speak with her”

“Come Nofret” she told her associate, turning to her helpless captive “Oh and Amanda, don´t forget to tell the professor I will see her soon, very soon!” Wide eyed the assistant stared at Anck-Sun-Amun who seemed to savour the fear of the young woman, before she turned swiftly on her heels and left.

Amanda´s pulse raced. It took her a while till she felt safe enough to test her bonds.
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Ok ok... Plot is moving back again. That's always good to read.

First we have the interactions between Evie and the group. I would with 50/50: there are some very good descriptions from Evie's point of view (like when she spots Christine, Anna, Kate and the Dark Lady), which are obvious the reader can deduce which is which. That's treating the readers as smart readers. We know who they are, but you only give us the descriptions. I loved that paragraph.

But on the other side, there are some parts where Evie's thoughts are like telling the readers what they must take from the scene (like when she thinks the request for her electronic devices is not just a polite request... I'm pretty sure the readers can get the meaning of that request without needing to read Evie's thought about it).

On a foot note: does every single good woman in this universe has to be so amazed the first time they meet Christine? I get it, we all get it: the woman is formidable. But I think it would be interesting and fresh to meet a good character whose first impression of Christine is bad, and learns how to like her throughout the story. It would also add a more natural dynamic among the group, instead of all the girls liking each other all the time. Probably just a preference of mine.

(Before I move on: I find it weird that Christine ends her explanation with a "That's why we need your expertise", and then she repeats immediately after "That's why need your help" again).

On the other side, we have the villain at Evie's office. I have to say, my favorite part of the chapter. Again, the first description of Ank-Sun-Amun in the office is just that: a description. The reader can find out that it's her, but it's not said. Beautiful. The second scene of that part was uncomfortable to read: for a moment I thought she might harm or even kill Amanda. The mental torture was perfect in this case.

I can only wonder what's the next plan for Ank-Sun-Amun to find Evie.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago It was a cold, grey, rainy and windy day and she couldn´t wait to get somewhere warm.
A splendid description of UK weather.

I liked this chapter. Sometimes, you tend to switch perspective to frequent for my taste but now, it worked well. Only, i thought it was the Dark Lady robbing her, but then i recalled she was mentioned earlier elsewhere.

Also, Amanda Carter is clearly not randomly chosen. The Carter-part gave that away already. Does everyone have famous ancestors in this universe?
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Excellent writing, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. You are maintaining the high quality of your story. I note the prevous comments but those issues did not decrease my pleasure in reading this. Do continue. 😎
Spy Task Force Completed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic