The Files of Art. Inc.: The Hunt for the Lost Scrolls: Chapter 115 (25.03.2024) (FFFF/FFF/ MM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Excellent writing, @Caesar73. You are maintaining the high quality of your story. I note the prevous comments but those issues did not decrease my pleasure in reading this. Do continue. 😎
Dear Greylord thank you for your kind words - I simply try to give my best to tell good tale and to grow as a writer. Thank you and all the other reader who comment regularly.
A splendid description of UK weather.
[mention]Beaumains[/mention] I wrote from memory :)

The second scene of that part was uncomfortable to read: for a moment I thought she might harm or even kill Amanda. The mental torture was perfect in this case.
[mention]Mineira1986[/mention] I assure you I find such scenes not easy to write. Anck-Sun-Amun instills fear in all who encounter her. That maybe not the least formidable weapon in her arsenal: Fear.

I remember one quote attributed to the Roman Emperor Tiberius: "May they hate as long as they do fear me"
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Nainur wrote: 1 year ago Well, I am finding - and writing this is overdue - astonishing: in quantity and quality alike! I am stunned, tbh.
I am really sorry, I forgot to respond to your statement [mention]Nainur[/mention], thank you for your most kind words - they motivate me - I hope you enjoyed the latest update?

Apropros Update: Chapter 17 will be online this weekend :)
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago
Nainur wrote: 1 year ago Well, I am finding - and writing this is overdue - astonishing: in quantity and quality alike! I am stunned, tbh.
I am really sorry, I forgot to respond to your statement @Nainur, thank you for your most kind words - they motivate me - I hope you enjoyed the latest update?

Apropros Update: Chapter 17 will be online this weekend :)
do not fuzz abut it. And, yes, of course. :)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Does everyone have famous ancestors in this universe?
Yep, they do, which is part of the fun of the story :lol:

In general (just using this reply as a coat hanger, nobody intended specifically), the story is fiction and therefore one can do with it what one wants. In real life things would be more boring. Not everybody tying somebody up is running around with vibrators, tooth brushes, miles of rope or even a goat. At least not me :lol:

The danger with every story is to find the balance that fits the story. Repeating things is easy to do, especially when they are things you like as a writer. We (you, me, Caesar, GreyLord, Wolfman and others) all know this, as we have written stories that are multiple chapters. If one likes hogties, the story might have more than an average number of those in it. If one likes goats... (okay, maybe not that one).

With every story, even my own, there are times when I go like 'hmmm, did that one already', it is easy to get repetitive. The longer the story, the more tracking it takes of what happened to whom. Keeping it fresh is not easy.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

I'd have to say that I didn't recognize the "Carter" last name here, which I think it's good. Every time a character is presented to another character, it feels a little Game of Thrones, with the list of titles coming along. Except this story is set in a more real world (not the real world per se) and sometimes it feels a bit odd.

So the fact that it's only mentioned "Amanda Carter" and not "Amanda Carter, great granddaughter of Howard Carter, discoverer of Tutankhamun's tomb..." it's fresh. And so far, I like it that it's only implied. Who knows? Maybe it could be a different Carter.

Additionally, I want to point out that it makes me like the Dark Lady even more as, for now at least, I don't recognize or remember any McKenzie famous art thief.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention]

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago [...]
Additionally, I want to point out that it makes me like the Dark Lady even more as, for now at least, I don't recognize or remember any McKenzie famous art thief.
Me neither :)

Later, London Subway, Jubilee Line, somewhere between North Greenwich Station and Waterloo

Evie stole a glance at Chris and Sophie: While they looked like any other normal passenger in a subway, they scanned their surroundings carefully. They had positioned themselves at the end of the wagon, so that nobody was in their backs.

Chris spoke something in her hidden mike and listened for the response. Then nodded and shook her head slightly and Sophie nodded too. Registering the questioning look of the Egyptologist she explained “We are not being followed”

“How do you know?” Evie asked “Kirsty and Haley are shadowing us” the blonde explained “If anybody would have followed us, they would know”

Evie nodded “How was it, playing the Chopin I mean?” Chris smiled as she pondered the question

“That is difficult to tell but I will try – though no words will do this justice. Let it me put it this way: When you sit at the piano in a concert hall, like Carnegie Hall, you feel every eye resting on you. I started to play, and anything else became meaningless. It is a rather powerful feeling, a trance like state – I can´t describe it any other way – the Music flows through your body, you hit every key, as if it is nothing."

"And believe me, Chopin does not forgive any mistakes – but when you reach this level, technical difficulties do not matter anymore. You know, for months this music was on my mind. This was the first time for 200 years that this music was performed on stage. I had the feeling to return something to the World that belonged there!

"And for me this was deeply personal” Chris added “But that story I will tell you another time – we have reached our destination”

Evie was lost for words. As she spoke the pianist had glowed from the inside, her eyes bright and radiant.

20 Minutes later they left the tube passed Russel Square and turned left

British Museum, the Office of Evie Callahan:

After nearly two hours of pointless struggle Amanda was exhausted and very sweaty. Her exhaustions had got her nothing besides chafed wrists and ankles. At some point she must have simply dozed off. A cramp in her feet and calves shook her out her trance like state. The cut at her throat had stopped bleeding, the wound throbbed.

How embarrassing it would be if someone would find her like this. Nearly naked, bare breasted, tied up in the Professor´s Office. It was after office hours and the perspective to be tied to that chair for hours on end terrified Amanda.

British Museum Entrance:

Evie, Chris and Sophie had just walked up the stairs to the imposing main entrance of the British Museum at Great Russel Street when Chris stood still for the fracture of a second “Do not turn around – we are being watched” she spoke into her mike “Kirsty and Hayley be on the lookout if anybody is following us and take care of them” “Will do” the American confirmed.

Kirsty and Hayley blended in perfectly with the crowd. Kirsty scanned the street, as if she was looking for directions. “On the other side of the street stands a black car, there are two women inside – this is what we do …..” Hayley nodded.

Nefer and Iput had just watched as Evie Callahan and her two Companions vanished into the Building “What do we now?” Iput asked her associate “We wait till they return and follow them”

Someone knocked at her window, the Egyptian let her Window down, and a blonde smiled friendly at her “Excuse me Miss, your right front tire is as flat like a pancake” “What?” Iput was startled

“Look for yourself” the blonde was still smiling “Dumb bimbo” Iput thought unwilling to step out in the drizzly cold weather; grumbling, she left the Car: the front tire was indeed flat. Iput stooped down to look at the damage. She sensed a movement behind her, but too late – a sharp prick in her neck and everything went black.

An observer would have seen that a tall blonde woman helped a woman, who was obviously sick back into the car. On the other side an auburn haired woman seemed to talk to another woman at the front passenger seat ….

British Museum:

Evie, Chris and Sophie left the elevator at the third floor. The corridor was empty. Suddenly Sophie made a motion with her right hand and pointed at something on the Floor: A pair of shiny black high heels. Evie frowned “These are Amanda´s” she sounded confused “Why did she leave them here?”

Chris and Sophie exchanged a look, they simultaneously reached for their guns “Evie, you stay behind us” the blonde told the Egyptologist curtly. Von der Marwitz could be really bossy, Evie noticed.

Their guns at the ready the two friends moved forward, Sophie covering Chris. The office door was closed. The pianist listened intently “There is someone inside” she whispered and nodded to Sophie, which stepped aside.

Chris pulled the door open – and froze for a second: Behind the desk was sitting a dark haired woman who stared with wide fearful eyes at her.

Amanda stared at the tall blonde woman before her, which scanned the room quickly with a gun in her hands. Behind her Evie turned up who pushed Chris aside “Amanda what have they done to you?” Evie exclaimed in shock. Chris turned around “Sophie cover the door” The German nodded curtly, weapon at the ready.

The pianist turned to Evie and pulled a sharp Japanese knife, or more a small dagger, made of 100 times folded steel out of a sheet under her coat.

While Evie tried to loosen the gag, Chris stooped down and with a fluid motion cut the rope which connected Amanda´s ankles and toes to her wrists. The feet of the woman flopped down and a grown of relief could be heard.

Evie fumbled at the tape bands which held the gag packing in Amanda´s mouth, without much success. “Let me do this” Chris told the Egyptologist curtly. With quick precise motions Chris cut the layers of tape then pulled the wad of used hose out of Amanda´s Mouth.

“Don´t speak” she told the woman “We have you free in a moment” Five minutes later Amanda rubbed her chafed wrists gingerly “This woman was horrible” she croaked hoarsely after she had had a drink of water. The pianist nodded “I understand” Chris agreed “But we should not stay here – get dressed” She turned to Sophie who guarded the door “Check in with Kirsty and Hayley” Sophie nodded and left the office.

Amanda had dressed by then. “Can you walk?” Chris asked her, the young woman nodded. Chris walked decisively up front, Evie and Amanda followed, aided by Evie and Sophie brought up the rear.

“What did Kirsty report?” the Pianist asked her “That they have made new friends” Sophie smiled. “They will meet us at Russel Square Station”

“May I propose something?” Evie asked “Shoot” Chris replied “We should leave through the Back Door” The Pianist nodded “We will do that – lead the way Evie!”

15 Minutes later they met Kirsty and Hayley at the Platform, both Women smiled broadly “We had a nice chat with two new Friends” the American grinned.

Hall Place:

The return trip to Hall Place had been uneventful. Obviously they had not been followed. In the Entrance Hall they were awaited by Kate and Anna.

As soon as they had gotten inside Chris told them “Bring Amanda upstairs and get her a hot bath and a meal, then meet us in the Conference Room” Anna nodded and took the young woman, who had obviously trouble keeping herself together softly at her Arm “Come”

It was around 0500 PM as they reconvened in the conference room “How is she?” Chris asked Anna and Kate “She was pretty shaken up, but she is asleep now” Kate stated “All right” the Pianist nodded “Kirsty tell us what you learned” The Briton smiled “We had a friendly chat with the two women who shadowed you at the museum, Sybil is already analysing their smartphones now”

“What did you do to them?” Evie sounded a little alarmed “Nothing really serious” Hayley explained “We drugged them, frisked them and left them; I think their boss will not be too pleased with them”

“Well done” Chris nodded.

Sophie sensed that somebody´s eyes rested on her, as she looked up, her and Evie´s eyes met. The Egyptologist blushed slightly and broke eye contact. This had been the second time Callahan had reacted this way.

Interesting; before the Hunt Sophie had considered herself totally straight, but things had changed since then. Her “education” by Anna and Kate, Hurghadda had definitely changed her perspective: one could say she was more open-minded now.

“So how do we proceed?” Kate queried – and Chris responded “This depends on when the equipment will be delivered … Sybil?”

“Everything should be on site, in the late morning at the latest” the secretary responded.

“So what do we do with the reminder of the day?” Anna yawned “I would not mind some sleep, the jetlag is catching up with me.”

“I have an idea, a wish” Evie piped up.

All Eyes turned on the Egyptologist, who blushed again as she felt all eyes resting on her “I wonder”…. she stammered “if you guys” she looked at Chris and Anna “could give us a little concert?”

The pianist and the violinist looked at each other and at Sophie “Why not?” the Russian returned smiling and Sophie could sing, she has a beautiful mezzo you must now – are you in the mood Sophie?”

Anna grinned, she had noticed Evie´s reaction to Sophie earlier– and the latter seemed not be disinclined too. Very interesting, the Russian thought to herself, very interesting

“Sure thing” the German nodded, who in fact looked forward playing with Chris and Anna again. And for a moment her thoughts wandered back to this evening in the Adlernest, when she and Chris had played together on behalf of their captor, Carl von Winterfeldt.

In Hamburg she had – besides her training – continued her studies. With Dorothea Berger, Carl von Winterfeldt´s Vocal Coach; Sophie had been a bit surprised that Berger had agreed to continue to study with her, as she had reached out to Berger.

In her profession, the woman was a legend, demanding but fair and devoted to perfection only. But after the Events at the Adlernest, Sophie had been unsure how Berger would react.

Kirsty interrupted her musings “Evie, we took the liberty to organize some things as in clothes, toiletries and such for Amanda and you, since you will staying here in the next days”

“Always the practical” Hayley teased her Friend “Someone must be in this lot” the Briton returned unfazed “I mean look at them: musicians, lawyers and … thieves” she smiled mockingly at the Dark Lady “And reformed criminals” the Thief returned smiling “Point taken” Kirsty nodded

“That is settled then” Chris concluded “Why don´t you get settled Evie, while Anna and Sophie prepare the dinner, we´ll meet at 0700 PM in the dining hall”

As they left the room, Hayley whispered in Kirsty´s ear “That leaves us enough time for some relaxation …”

Unknown Location somewhere in London, around the same time:

Iput knelt on the cold stone floor in a room which must have been the Main Hall of the old asylum once. She kept her head down, Nefer next to her too. Despite the cold, Iput was sweating.

“So you failed” the cold voice of a woman cut through the silence “You failed abysmally. Pharaoh will be most displeased” The woman halted before them. Iput could only see the tips of polished black high heeled boots.

“Yes, but they were too fast …. High Priestess ….” “Shut up” the cold Voice interrupted her with the sharpness of a knife “I am not here to hear your snivelling apologies. You failed to do a simple task: Observe the nuseum and follow doctor Callahan back to her location. Now we have to start all over again! As for you, you despicable pieces of camel dung ….. – Nofret!”

“Yes High Priestess?” her second in command responded

Bring those two to the dungeons and prepare them for punishment! I will see them later but I have to inform Pharaoh first. And take care to make them most uncomfortable!”

“I will see to it” Nofret nodded curtly and turned to her fellow daughters of Isis “You heard the High Priestess!” Unceremoniously Iput and Nefer were pulled to their feet and hauled down to the dungeons.
Last edited by Caesar73 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Very exciting, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. You have moved the action into high gear.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Nice part. I only wonder why these two were not kidnapped and interrogated but simply released. Keeping Evie at ease seems insufficient for a reason and the girls are also not in a hurry. It is not that they have plenty of intel on their opposition.

slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago
Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Does everyone have famous ancestors in this universe?
Yep, they do, which is part of the fun of the story :lol:

In general (just using this reply as a coat hanger, nobody intended specifically), the story is fiction and therefore one can do with it what one wants. In real life things would be more boring. Not everybody tying somebody up is running around with vibrators, tooth brushes, miles of rope or even a goat. At least not me :lol:

The danger with every story is to find the balance that fits the story. Repeating things is easy to do, especially when they are things you like as a writer. We (you, me, Caesar, GreyLord, Wolfman and others) all know this, as we have written stories that are multiple chapters. If one likes hogties, the story might have more than an average number of those in it. If one likes goats... (okay, maybe not that one).

With every story, even my own, there are times when I go like 'hmmm, did that one already', it is easy to get repetitive. The longer the story, the more tracking it takes of what happened to whom. Keeping it fresh is not easy.
I kinda agree with you, but that remark was not a complaint about repitition. If I would pick an example, then I would go for the punishment of the henchmates in this chapter, which is identical to von Winterfeldt and his Valkerys.

I think hogtie as a repeating element is not a good example. I have not a specific liking for them but use them frequentlt in my writing because they are so convenient: one word conveys the entire message. When I don't want to waste te reader's attention trying to understand a rather technical description of a tie or have an enumeration, I often resort to them.

That said, I agree. With many authors here, I would instantly recognize them simply by the tie, teasing words, and accesserories, not even taking writing style into account. Being creative with bondage is quite hard.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Another interesting chapter in this marvelous adventure [mention]Caesar73[/mention]

Some character development and hints at what was to come rather than moving the story along. But, all three elements are equally important!

I would not want to be in the place of Nefer and Iput for the next couple of hours.....days.....maybe weeks.

Always nice to see Hayley and Kirsty come out on top!
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

More plot again. Good.

Evie's emotion (pushing Christine to get to Amanda) is the right call. Well done there. It shows really concern from Evie towards Amanda, and it was really important to establish that connection, specially because these characters are the newest in the cast.

About capturing Ank-Sun-Amun henchmen (or... henchwomen?). I find kind of OK if the good girls get a victory here (hoping it will not start an enormous losing streaks like the Valkyries). So first victory here is OK and understandable.

I'm with Beaumains here: these good girls are the ones who didn't have any repair of capturing Valkyries and torture them (with tickling, and sometimes ants) to get the information they needed. And back then, the girls knew who they were against. Right now, they have little idea about who she is (Remember back at New York when they tried to gather intel and they couldn't?). Why would they just take their smartphones and leave them?

The time didn't allow them to do much (we are talking the 5 minutes it took to release Amanda and the 15 minutes later that the chapter tells us). But for real, they could have really interrogated them. They had the car they were in. They could have driven it back to their compound, as it's clear nobody else was following them.

Or at least place a tracking device so they can follow them and know where Ank-Sun-Amun is. It's really a kind-of rookie mistake for Hayley and Kirsty not to keep them. Also, the only lead they have is the artifact and it relies solely in the abilities of Evie Callahan to dig into it. If it's a dead end, well... kind of game over.

(Not a big fan of the last sentence, as I believe it will lead to a chapter of consensual fun bondage between Hayley and Kirsty and so far, I was hoping we could learn more about Ank-Sun-Amun and the person behind her by this point.)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Being creative with bondage is quite hard.
I totally agree. Coming up with an interesting situation for the stars of our stories can be tricky. Even more when you have multiple stories going as it is very easy to use something in another story that you just used in one story.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

The story is coming up really nicely, the villains are starting to make their moves and I'm really liking them, and with that cliffhanger you left for us at the end I assume more about them awaits us in future chapters and I can't complain at all!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

banshee wrote: 1 year ago The story is coming up really nicely, the villains are starting to make their moves and I'm really liking them, and with that cliffhanger you left for us at the end I assume more about them awaits us in future chapters and I can't complain at all!
Thank you very much [mention]banshee[/mention] - our heroines will have to travel a dangerous and dark road and hit several roadblocks along the way and at this point it is by far not a done deal, that Chris and her friends will prevail.

That being said: The next update will be probably online later this day or tomorrow :)

[mention]Beaumains[/mention] and [mention]slackywacky[/mention] you are both right: Being creative bondagewise is not an easy thing to do. I guess all of us have certain trademarks. Especially in longer Stories I find it difficult to surprise or to come up with something new
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Driverman[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention]

Hall Place Music Room/ Library after Dinner:

After dinner they had retreated to the Library/ Music Room. A hot fire burned in the large fireplace. The high walls were covered with thousands of leather bound volumes. The coffered ceiling was made of dark oak.

The grand piano was a Steinway, which was perfectly tuned as Chris found out as she played a few scales to test the mechanic. It responded perfectly to her slightest touch. She improvised on a theme which sprang into her mind and almost without knowing her fingers found the introduction of Schumann´s Fantasy in C and she followed her instinct.

Schumann and von der Marwitz seemed to be two sides of a coin. One j ournalist had written once that Chris played Schumann in the way she did, because Schumann mirrored her soul. And the pianist had to admit that he had a point somehow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEkQMymyAM0
Nelson Freire plays Schumann´s Fantasie in C

The others were comfortably reclined on couches or comfortable leather chairs and followed the preparations of the three musicians attentively. Anna warmed herself up, her famous Stradivarius seemed to be a part of her body, while Sophie made some warm up exercises too, the two smiled at each other.

The trio had agreed on a program: A few Handel-Arias for Starters, Chris and Anna would accompany Sophie, then the Pianist and the Violinist would play solo and another set of Handel-Arias would be the finish.

Evie was absolutely giddy with excitement – she couldn´t hardly wait; that Christine von der Marwitz and Anna Romanova would play now, for her? It seemed like a wonder, to see and to hear those two musicians for real? That seemed like a dream to her – a dream come true, she still could not believe it … she got sober though as she looked quizzically at Amanda who had joined them for dinner.

After a few hours rest her assistant looked refreshed, but had still a haunted look in her eyes “How are you, Amanda?” The younger woman paused for a moment “I feel not like talking professor, can you understand that?” she touched the wound dressing which covered the cut at her larynx. Evie looked Amanda for a long moment in the eyes “That is totally alright Amanda, but if you want to talk – I am there, you know that” Her assistant nodded “I know Doctor Callahan” and took a sip of wine, obviously deep in thought.

In the meantime the three musicians had finished their preparations: Chris sat at the piano, Sophie stood next to it, her right hand resting lightly on the piano while Anna stood next to her.

Sophie and Chris exchanged a look and Chris nodded ever so slightly “We will begin with Handel´s Aria “Verdi Prati” from Alcina” Sophie explained, it is one of the most famous arias of this opera – we learn that all earthly things are fragile – and so is life, we should never forget that”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4YXUTD ... rt_radio=1
Isabel Vogel sings Handel´s Aria “Verdi Prati” from the Opera “Alcina”

Verdi prati, selve amene,
perderete la beltà.
Vaghi fior, correnti rivi,
la vaghezza, la bellezza,
presto in voi si cangerà.
Versi prati, selve amene,
perderete la beltà.
E cangiato il vago oggetto,
all'orror del primo aspetto
tutto in voi ritornerà.

Green meadows, pleasant woods,
You will lose your beauty,
Pretty flowers, flowing waters,
your beauty will quickly change.
Green meadows, pleasant woods,
You will lose your beauty.
And when the beloved vision will fade,
everything will change
into the former horrible appearance.

Translation by: Aldo Boninsegna

Sophie and Chris exchanged another look; the former DA nodded and the Pianist and Anna played the slow introduction, a fragile melody in the descant by the violin, with stately accords in the baseline by the piano, as Sophie sang the first notes, her dark shimmering mezzo conveying Ruggiero´s warning that the overwhelming beauty of the meadows would not last and all the beautiful flowers around him would soon die. That was a metaphor of course, about the diminishing of all things earthly, of life itself, Evie thought.

Sophie´s audience was totally mesmerized but Evie had the feeling that the German sung only for her, she looked right at Evie as she sang: The last bars “perderete la beltà” Sophie took slowly, the tones diminishing slowly into nothingness, the first syllable of “perderete” on a high note; a clear and firm “e``” moving down in stately half notes; every note, and every tone in pianissimo but clearly audible – and the final notes of the voice, the last syllable of “- bélta” – “Beauty” on a “e´” a tad louder, a sublime and intimate performance.

As Chris and Anna had played the last notes of the coda, there was stunned silence, only the logs in the fire place crackled now and then.

Sophie bowed slowly and took in the warm applause of their audience. Chris smiled warmly at her; as Sophie stood she looked the Egyptologist deep in the eyes. And Evie had the feeling she could lose herself in those green catlike eyes of Sophie – but it was that voice … it had enchanted her, like the sorceress Alcina Sophie had just sung about.

The time flew by, in the end Evie could not remember how long the three musicians had played, the last encore was Rachmaninov´s famous Vocalise. It was like a dream come true.
And then it was over; one last tremendous applause.

Anna and Chris helped themselves to a glass of wine and settled on a couch “That was fantastic” the Pianist said thoughtfully, taking a sip of her Wine “Indeed” her friend replied. No more words were necessary. The Russian and the German understood each other almost blind, Anna knew perfectly well what Chris meant, no need to talk much about it.

“Sophie has a wonderful voice … and speaking of Sophie…” the Russian pointed her glass at the German, who with a glass of wine in her hand had walked over to where Evie and Amanda sat and sat down next to the Egyptologist, smiling at Evie and the Egyptologist beaming back at her.

Chris grinned mischievously “Seems like Evie has taken a shine to Sophie” “It surely looks that way!” the Russian seconded “I knew it!”

Anna smiled wickedly “To love!” she toasted “To love!” Chris returned the toast.

Unknown Location somewhere in London, around the same time: The Dungeons

Nofret had been true to her word: She had indeed taking care making Nefer and Iput most uncomfortable:

The two women had to dance on their tightly bound toes. They had to dance, because they were tied in a brutal strappado which forced their upper bodies near parallel to the floor. The strappado was cruel, but just cruel enough not to dislocate their shoulders.

Nipple clamps with weighs pulled at their breasts to the floor. Their elbows were squashed together, below and above the joint. Their legs tied together at ankles, calves, below and above the knees and around the tights. A cruelly tight crotch rope of the same coarse rope bit into their soft skin.

Despite the cold their skin was covered in sweat. Their buttocks glowed in an angry red. On the floor was a pool of drool, because both women were gagged with overly large ball gags, pulled so tight, that their leather straps cut deep in the corners of their mouths.

Iput´s toes, feet and calves were on fire. After they had been tied up, Nofret had used the spanking paddle on their bare bottoms, till they were flaming red. Iput had lost all track of time by now she was in her own small world of pain. And then the door opened, someone entered the room. Icy coldness seemed to seep into the chamber, like a snake sliding across the floor chilling Iput to the bone.

“Pharaoh is most displeased” the cold Voice of the High Priestess announced, bare of any emotion …. Iput steeled herself “He wants you two taught a lesson you will never forget. You dishonoured the ancient order of the daughters of Isis and endangered the mission”

After a pause the cold voice continued “Nofret, the lash!”

Hall Place Music Room/ Library – later:

Evie felt as if they air was buzzing with electricity. The soft touch of Sophie´s right hand on her thigh made her shiver. “Evie?” The mesmerizing sound of Sophie´s voice brought her back to reality “Yes?” “Why don´t we go to a more private location?” the German purred and took Evie by the hand and pulled her upright ….

Sophie´s Room a short while later:

As soon as they had closed the door of Sophie´s room behind her the German pulled Evie near and kissed her full on the lips, Evie responded in kind and their tongues entwined in a slow dance. She felt the heat of Sophie´s body, her full breasts her erect nipples pressing against hers.

As they came up for air Sophie whispered “Why don´t we get more comfortable?” “Why don´t we indeed?” Evie whispered back and renewed her kiss”

Sophie unbuttoned Evie´s blouse with quivering hands, she was tempted to rip them just off, but resisted. Evie in turn began to pull Sophie´s turtleneck sweater above the German´s head and threw the garment to the floor. Sophie pulled Evie into a tight embrace again, their breasts squashed against each other - under the turtleneck Sophie had worn no bra.

Evie felt Sophie´s hot and dry skin on hers – and those mesmerizing cat eyes seemed to hypnotize her… they kicked of their shoes. Almost simultaneously they fumbled at the belts of the jeans of the other. When the trousers fell to the floor, they stepped out of them – and Evie took in the sight before her:

Sophie´ smooth skin a light tone of olive a heritage of her Italian m other full firm breasts a toned and trained upper body, which continued in sheer endless legs. “Why don´t you lose those Panties of yours” the German whispered seductively.

“You first” the Egyptologist whispered back, hoarsely with longing “Of course” Sophie replied and pulled her red lacy panties down in one fluid motion – “Your turn now” she smiled –and Evie did not need a second invitation.

Sophie grabbed Evie by the hand and pulled her to the bed and pushed the other woman playfully down on the soft covers “Don´t go away” she purred “just close your eyes” Evie heard her rummaging in some drawers, singing softly in Italian to herself.

Evie sensed the soft footfalls on the Carpet and then the warmth of Sophie´s body next to her “Sit up” Evie complied, then something smooth and soft covered her Eyes, making her blind, but she felt safe and more, she felt excited.

With firm hands Sophie knotted the smooth silken shawl behind Evie´s head, tight but not painful, just tight enough, so that Evie could not dislodge the blindfold, not that she had the desire to do so.

She shuddered as she felt Sophie´s moist hot lips kissing her in the neck, sending showers of excitement through her body: From her neck to her groins. Tenderly Sophie planted one kiss next to the other down the spine down to her buttocks. Then she followed the trail of her Kisses back upwards with her hot moist tongue.

“Trust me Evie” she felt the hot breath of Sophie against her ear as the German whispered the words in her left ear “This will be fun” The Egyptologist felt that Sophie wound something soft and smooth around her left wrist, tightening a firm knot and then pulling her arm and then knotting the reminder of the Shawl around the bedpost.

Evie felt the soft touch; the caresses of her soft fingers felt so heavenly, they made her shiver. She sensed Sophie walking around her taking her right wrist and securing it to the right bed post

10 Minutes later Evie laid in a tight but not uncomfortable spread eagle on Sophie´s bed. Sophie watched with amusement and excitement as Evie tugged playfully at her silken bonds
The mattress shook as Sophie knelt between her splayed legs: The other woman was fully shaven “What a delightful sight!”

The lawyer smiled down at her “prey” “I peg you as a screamer Doctor Callahan” she purred “and we can´t have that – disturbing the neighbours” Evie´s breath had quickened, boy was she excited – and aroused.

Sophie balled up her red, slightly damp Panties in a silken ball and pushed it against Evie´s lips who opened her mouth eagerly and Sophie pushed the large ball gently home “Don´t spit that out!” the German admonished her playfully and took a large strip of translucent tape, which she pressed gently but firmly on Evie´s lips, followed by several more “Much better now” Sophie was pleased with her work “Don´t go away Evie!” she teased the Egyptologist again. The musky taste of the other woman just excited her more.

Sophie jumped from the mattress which made Evie bounce, Sophie sung to herself, Evie was no expert, but it sounded like none one of the arias the lawyer had sung this evening – and this incredibly sexy voice of her made Evie shiver, as Sophie told her later it had been an aria from “Theodora “As with rosy steps the morn” – this voice alone had made her fallen for the German, it touched her to the core of her being, it enthralled her, made her helpless.

Obviously Sophie had found what she was looking for; she knelt between Evie´s legs again, continuing to sing as she poured oil on her palms from a small bottle, fully aware of the power her voice had over Evie.

To Evie she was her Alcina, the beautiful but dangerous sorceress, which ensnared her victims with her charms, making them forget everything about their former lives and willing slaves of their new mistress.

Evie shuddered as she felt Sophie´s tender fingers on the balls of her left foot, massaging the soft flesh, kneading it, pressing certain points. The lawyer began under her big toe, then slowly under the next toe. Gently she massaged the whole foot. Evie groaned and moaned as Sophie kissed her on the heel of her foot, then on her high Arches, let her tongue glide above her sole, from the heel to the tips of her toes.

Gently the German continued to massage, to oil Evie´s well sculpted, toned Calve, biding her time. This was torture, but most delightful torture. Slowly and gently Sophie´s hands moved upwards gently massaging and caressing her soft flesh, and with every inch she came nearer her groin, Evie´s moans intensified and she tugged more at the silken bonds which held her. Shortly before Sophie reached her groin, the Lawyer changed back to her right leg.

Evie´s Pussy was now glistening, but not from oil only. Slowly the German worked her way upwards from below Evie´s Navel “You like this” she purred softly with those dark shimmering voice of hers, kissing Evie on her navel, once, twice, planting one kiss to next as she massaged and oiled Evie´s skin.

Purposely she left Evie´s full breasts out – for the moment. Evie shivered as she felt Sophie´s hot tongue licking around the base of her left breast, then sucking her stone hard nipple, playfully she bit on it. A shudder ran through Evie´s body.

The Egyptologist moans intensified and she strained more forcefully against her bonds. Her senses were in full overdrive. Sophie began kneading and massaging her left breast, the right, and finally both simultaneously.

It took not very long till Evie´s whole body glistened with oil, she was moaning and writhing on the bed. Sophie bowed down to her and kissed her softly on her gagged lips “Tell me” she whispered “Do you want more of this?” Evie´s guttural moan told Sophie all she needed to know

Smiling wickedly she took a torpedo styled vibrator from the nightstand… Evie heard the buzzing and strained even more against her bonds.

Gently Sophie touched Evie´s left nipple with the devilish tool, then her right. She knew exactly where to use the vibrator to make Evie even hornier than she already was, several times her tormentor brought her near orgasm but every time the bloody German stopped right before Evie could cum.

She played with her body as skillfully as she used her voice. Then Sophie knelt between Evie´s legs and let her tongue wander above the soft flesh of Evie´s right thigh moving it in slow circular motions … “She is the devil” Evie screamed inwardly “Let me cum!!!”

As if the German could read her mind Sophie whispered “Soon Evie, very soon!” Evie groaned … and the torment continued …

Unknown Location somewhere in London, around the same time: The Dungeons

Iput did not know, how long the punishment took, at some point her mind had simply shut down. She had barely registered she was released from the strappado; more or less she was dragged to a cell, with a cot and a rough cover on it.

In the corner stood a bucket, on the floor a tablet with a jug of water and some stale bread. Iput was freed from her bonds her left ankle was shackled to the cot, exhausted she curled together on the coarse linen. Someone covered her with a coarse blanket. Her back burned like fire from the shoulder blades to the back of her thighs, where the lash had bitten into her skin – the High Priestess had been careful though not to break her skin.

Then her guards left. Nobody had spoken to her. With some effort she drank some water and chewed on the stale bread before sinking down on the bunk again. And despite her exhaustion, the pain – sleep did not come easily

If that punishment had been the beginning or the end she did not know. One thing was sure: The High Priestess would never forgive nor forget. As head of the most ancient and most noble order of the daughters of Isis she ruled with an iron fist.

And Iput had felt that fist today.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Intriguing read once again. And on the one hand the wonderful design of refined culture, then tender love and there's meerciless punishment orchestrated by that nefarious 'Pharao', who might be ... well.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

You show us a little more of the enemy, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Our girls are going against a very formidable adversary. Skillfully presented, as always.
Spy Task Force Completed
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

The contrast between our heroines and their new adversaries is stark!

I worry about what lies in store for them!!
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Indeed a sharp contrast between the good guys and the bad guys, and I suspect that the pride of the enemy will once more be part of its downfall. Why would you work for such people?

Also, Sophie's arc surprises me. Isn't she married?
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Well... Kate Beckett is also married but has her bondage sexy time with Anna from time to time and Richard Castle apparently not only knows about it but enjoys knowing about it? So Mr Reichenbach is not taken into consideration by Sophie. (Still... I'd say it would add a good conflict for the characters. I understand if the author doesn't want to get complicated but... hey, it's how the characters are written. A married woman going into consensual sexy time with another person she just meet should bring some conflict).

Onto the chapter, I'm not a fan of most of the concert scenes. I understand if they are included for the plot (like the concert at Carniege Hall at the beginning of the story), but right now, the girls need to learn more about her opponents.

The descriptions of what comes next are excellent. I've always considered these scenes the best feature of this story and the last one by far. The contrast is also very good. Even considering the conflict that should happen between Ms Reichenbach and Evie, the scene is well written and well described. The punishment scene is also great.

In relate to the bad guys. It's the same than von Winterfeldt's valkyries. Why are they loyal to a boss that will punish them so harsh? It made them a bit of mindless minions back then; I hope it's not the case in here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago
[...]

Onto the chapter, I'm not a fan of most of the concert scenes. I understand if they are included for the plot (like the concert at Carniege Hall at the beginning of the story), but right now, the girls need to learn more about her opponents.

In relate to the bad guys. It's the same than von Winterfeldt's valkyries. Why are they loyal to a boss that will punish them so harsh? It made them a bit of mindless minions back then; I hope it's not the case in here.

[...]
Hi [mention]Mineira1986[/mention], hi [mention]Beaumains[/mention], you raised some important questions about Sophie Reichenbach. I think it is important to have a look at what we know about Sophie and the relationship with her husband. The old Reichenbach depises his son, whom he regards as weak. Lucas, Sophies Husband is often away on Photo Safaris. His Father has blackmailed Sophie in particitpating into his sick games and threatened to ruin her, if she tells her husband anything.

We know further that Reichenbach wonders how his son got Sophie to marry him. We don´t know since when the old Reichenbach abused and tortured Sophie, but obviously that had been going on for a while, maybe for a year or two? Being the victim of her father in laws sick games has probably affected Sophie, changed her even? The future will bring darker sides of Sophie to light with which she is not comfortable with.

We learned already that Sophie and her husband had some difficult talks about what happened and he reacted obviously not the way Sophie expected him to. She expected kindness and compassion, she got neither. Sophie is hurt by his rejection. She knows though, that her father in law is primarily responsible for that, but Sophie is clearly hurt by her husband´s reaction. And that made her obviously susceptible for Evie. Keep in mind, that Sophie might fear deep down another rejection.

What Sophie´s affair with Evie means for her marriage will remain to be seen. At the moment, they lead obviously two different lifes. If the gap between can be bridged? The future will tell - especially when Sophie´s husband finds out about her affair with Evie. Another question is: Is Evie just that, an affair - or more? I think, this is something Sophie herself does not know at this point, the resulting conflict is indeed one worthy to exploit :)

[mention]Mineira1986[/mention] regarding the loyalty of the Valkyries and the Daughters of Isis: Such organizations demand absolute loyalty and take draconic measures when somebody disobeys orders or fails in his or hers task. Take the Mafia, the triads or the yakuza: If a yakuza fails his boss, he must cutt off a part of his finger as punishment. This is just one example, there are more. There are many more examples in fiction and reality. So I find that not strange at all :)

As far as we know, the Daughters of Isis are an ancient cult, who follows ancient rules and who demands absolute obidience. And the power of the High Priestess is almost abolute. But the primary weapon of Anck-Sun-Amun is not brutal force. Her most powerful weapon is fear
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Mineira1986[/mention]

Hall Place Conference Room, late afternoon, the next day:

An air of excitement filled the conference room. True to Sybil´s prognosis all equipment which Evie would need for analysing the chest and its content had been delivered and Evie and Sybil and Amanda had spent most of the morning getting everything ready.

“Before we begin” Chris turned to Sybil “Any luck with the smartphones of our new friends?” “Nope” the Tech Wizard shrugged “There are some algorrythms I haven´t come across ever before”

“But you will be able to crack them?” Anna pressed on

“I hope so, but it will need time”

The Russian huffed “Why can´t things be easy for a change?”

“Where would be the fun in that?” Kate teased her Friend good-naturedly.

“The encryption codes are first class” Sybil explained “I would like to meet whoever programmed them – there is something about them, but I can´t place my finger on it … yet” The Tech-Wizard added.

Anna nodded and turned to Hayley and Kirsty “Why didn´t you bring the two with you, we could have interrogated them here, which would save us some trouble”

“We thought about that” the Briton conceded “But it would have looked suspicious to stash two unconscious women in the trunk in open sight” “And” Hayley added “We reasoned bringing them here would have posed a risk: At some point we would have to get rid of them”

“It was your call” the Russian conceded grudgingly “Then we must take the long road”

In the Meantime:

Evie had put on a white lab coat and cotton gloves. In a first step the Egyptologist had scanned the chest and it content, she pointed at the scans, which had been projected on the wall with a beamer “There is indeed a scroll inside the container – if this is an ancient scroll, we cannot tell by the scans”

The others followed Evie´s explanations with rapt interest.

Kate noticed a change in the Egyptologists behaviour and manner. True, she acted like the professional she was, but she seemed to glow from the inside –and the investigator had a shrewd guess about the reason for that change, or more precisely who, she corrected herself, smiling at the thought – she glanced sideways at Sophie.

Yes, the lawyer was relaxed and happy. They had skyped from time to time so Kate knew Sophie was going through a transition. Professionally and personally: Sophie had quit her old job and for her personal life?

She had not talked much about it, but the lawyer had felt being left alone by her husband, after she had revealed to him, what her father in law had done to her. Though Sophie had not told her how long she had been the plaything of the old bastard, but from what Sophie had let on, it had been well over a year.

Kate had urged her to seek professional help. She knew how difficult that step was: After she had been shot by a sniper, she had refused any professional help at first, even lied to Castle – which had almost destroyed her relationship. To admit that she had been traumatized had been difficult.

Evie´s commanding voice interrupted Kate´s musings:

“Amanda, would you please assist me?” “Of course Doctor Callahan” her assistant replied, a good night´s sleep had obviously helped the young woman to deal with the horrors of the previous day. Together the two women lifted the chest out of its heavily padded container and the Egyptologist began a closer inspection with a magnifying lense:

“The artefact is made of highly polished dark wood, probably ebony” she stated “The craftsmanship suggests that this piece was made for Pharaoh´s court. It is perfect. It is only an assumption at this point, but all factors indicate, that this chest was manufactured in the late 4h dynasty, I will not bother you with the details” she smiled.

“Perfectly fine with me” Kirsty stated “You could tell me aliens manufactured that piece and I would believe you”

“I take that as a compliment”

The Egyptologist continued her visual inspection “On the lid we see a cartouche, inlaid with gold” Evie read the cartouche, hesitated and read it again “That is strange …” she added thoughtfully

“What is it?” Chris sensed that something was up

“Don´t get me wrong” Evie explained “but this cartouche belongs to no Pharaoh of the 4th dynasty we know”

“What is a cartouche?” It was Hayley who had posed the question

Evie looked at Amanda and nodded

“A cartouche is an oval with a line at one end tangent to the oval, indicating that the text enclosed is a royal name” Amanda explained

“It is a fake?” The Dark Lady asked “a very clever one?”

“I didn´t say that ….” Evie countered “The chest is genuine that is for sure, but it´s the name which puzzles me” Then a thought seemed to cross her mind and her face lightened up

“You all know the Great Pyramid of Giza, right?”

The Great Pyramid of Giza

Nods all around “To common knowledge the central chamber had been plundered in antiquity, but there are Egyptologist that dispute that claim, are you with me so far?”

“Yes” Anna confirmed “ I have heard theories that the pyramids were built by slave labour.

“Yes and god created earth in seven days” the Egyptologist stated flatly

“But back on track”

“According to a small number of my colleagues, the real tomb of Khufu and its treasure has not been found yet. There is a mysterious gap between Khufu and Khafre, or more precisely between Djedefre and Khafre; the exact chronology is open to dispute. There are theories about an unknown Pharaoh between them.

The cartouche on the chest is from the 4th dynasty that is for sure. But the name belongs to no known Pharaoh. The chest alone would be a sensation, because it would prove the existence of a king, unknown so far”

“Sounds intriguing if you ask me” Anna stated “But the real catch would be the scroll right?” she asked Evie

“If the scroll dates to the 4th dynasty? That alone would be a sensation, because it would be the oldest complete papyrus discovered so far”

Anna looked at Kate. She knew that expression of concentrated thinking “What´s up Kate?”

“Something puzzles me” Kate explained “I still find it strange how we discovered the scroll it was almost by accident …”

The Dark Lady nodded “Me too”

“So how do we proceed?” Chris asked the Egyptologist “That is simple” Evie replied “We open the container and I wrap out the scroll and translate it, then we know more”

She looked at the others:

“Leave Amanda and me alone we are used to this kind of work – Sybil you stay please!”

They were dismissed as Chris discovered.

“She can be really bossy” Chris remarked to Kate a little perplex

“You mean more bossier than you?”

The detective teased her friend. Chris pouted.

They retreated to the library.

10 Minutes later:

“So where does that leave us?” Chris opened the Session “I think Kate is right, it is strange how we found the scroll and we have still no idea why Al Mansur was targeted – any thoughts?”

“If you ask me“ the thief spoke first “Al Mansur did not know about the scroll”

“This is why?” Anna challenged her

“And I thought only blondes were slow on the uptake” the Dark Lady grinned – adding loftily “present company excluded” after Chris and Hayley glared at her.

“If Al Mansur had known about the scroll he could have found himself an expert to translate the scroll, the guy had clearly the resources for that”

Anna nodded “Stands to reason”

“Obviously the Egyptian you encountered knows more than we do” Sophie stated “Or she wouldn´t be here” she paused “What is their mission? If we assume, the Egyptians or whoever she works for are behind Al Mansur´s kidnapping and the plundering of Al Mansur´s estate it is a safe bet, they did not know about the scroll, or they would have taken it with them – and if we take into account the attack on Amanda yesterday, their real target is ….”

“Evie Callahan” Kate finished the Sentence.

They fell silent, everybody thinking about the implications. There was silence for a moment around the table.

It was Hayley who broke the silence “Fact is, so far we know not very much. We must find out, what this scrolls content is. When I take what Evie said? It could be anything: The map to Khufu´s tomb and treasure or the blue print for a weapon of mass destruction”

“I hate to admit that” Chris nodded “But that pretty much sums it up: We need to find out more about Anck-Sun-Amun and Evie must crack the secrets of that scroll and we must protect Evie. There is no other way”

“This is what we will do …”

Hall Place Conference Room

Additionally to lab coat and gloves, both Egyptologists wore magnifying lenses. Sybil would record every step. Evie was excited. She had unwrapped and deciphered countless papyri in her career, but this was different:

If she was not mistaken, this was the opportunity of a lifetime this might be very well her Howard-Carter-Moment. An intact royal scroll from the 4th dynasty would be a sensation. Not many papyri from that period had survived the tides of time. Most were damaged or mere fragments.

The Egyptologist concentrated on the task at hand: “I remove the lid” she spoke into the voice recorder. Very carefully she lifted the lid. Inside the chest laid the leathern container.

“Inside the box is a scroll container made of brown leather” She examined the container with her hands. The leather was in perfect condition. Never had she seen such a perfectly preserved scroll-container.

It was ancient, but not from the 4th dynasty “The container is made from brown leather, probably calf-leather. It seems to be in perfect condition. Make and model suggest that it was made in the 18th Dynasty. The container is not sealed”

Amanda photographed the container from every angle, while Sybil recorded every step.

“I open the container” Evie announced, after she and Amanda had retrieved the container from the Chest “To her surprise the cap which closed the container could be removed effortlessly.

The Egyptologist took a deep breath her heart was beating up to her throat, as she took a pair of large tweezers and began to extract the scroll form the container, millimetre by millimetre. Sybil and Amanda held their breath: The first inches of the scroll could be seen now. To the human eye the scroll seemed to be in perfect condition. At last the complete scroll lay on the table.

The three women looked in awe at it “It is still sealed” Evie whispered “I see wonderful things” The Egyptologist examined the seal more closely: A piece of knotted string had been wound around the middle of the scroll and sealed with a seal made of wax, a royal seal.

“It is the same cartouche as on the lid of the chest” Amanda whispered in awe.

Sybil projected the seal on the wall so that they could examine it more closely “You know what that means Professor” her Assistant quizzed “Yes” Evie replied, her voice quivering slightly “This is the holy grail of scrolls from the 4th dynasty. An intact and sealed royal scroll, no other does exist – we will write history!”

The Egyptologist pulled herself together “Have we recorded and photographed everything?” “Yes we have mistress” Amanda and Sybil responded in perfect unison, both women giggled “I am not that bossy!” Evie sounded a little hurt, but in a good natured way.

“Amanda the scalpel, if you please?” “Of course Professor!” Very carefully Evie cut through the woven string under the seal.

“And now?” Sybil asked curiously, instead of Evie Amanda replied “Now we unwrap the scroll” And that Amanda and Evie did, with utmost care, not to damage the Scroll. After one hour of concentrated work, they had unravelled the scroll. It was nearly two Meters long.

Evie looked in awe at the beautifully made hieroglyphs “They look like written yesterday” She touched the scroll softly, like a lover would do. The scribe had used black and red ink. Between the scripture were drawings of sorts.

“The style of writing confirms that this papyrus” dates from the 4th dynasty the Egyptologist stated after carefully examining the scroll “Translating this, will take time”

“How long?” Sybil asked “At least one, but probably two days, even three …” Evie thoughtfully as something caught her Eye “Look at the end of the scroll!” Amanda nodded

“Looks like the scroll has been cut in two – and not recently, the assistant pointed at the cutting edge” “So the scroll was cut in antiquity?” Sybil queried “Probably” Evie concluded, examining the cuts “And that means another thing ….”

Sybil´s eyes got wide “There is another scroll – at least one”

“Correct” Evie nodded “But we are jumping ahead let us begin with the translation …. and Amanda, I have a special task for you!” “Yes Professor?” And Evie explained what she had in mind …. “Not a word to anyone” she told Amanda and Sybil, both women nodded “Not to Chris, not to Anna, not to anybody”

“Right …” Sybil hesitated

“It is for the best” Evie reassured the secretary

“I hope you know what you are doing” Sybil still seemed to not to be totally convinced

“Believe me, I do” the Egyptologist replied

“You better be” because Chris will kick your ass to hell and back again if you don´t” Sybil replied dryly.

Evie was not intimidated “This will be our failsafe and if we don´t need it the better. Tell my Sibyl, isn´t Chris a bit too controlling at times?”

Sybil´s cheeks turned red “That´s not the way I would put it, she simply likes to know what´s going on – she is the boss”

“Well, then it´s time she learns a lesson” Evie smiled “Look Sybil, I have the feeling you are loyal to Chris and I will do nothing to put you in a difficult situation. Just trust me I know what I am doing – as does Chris”

Sybil looked at her for a long moment “Right Evie, I trust you, but don´t tell me, I didn´t warn you”

“I won´t Sybil” the Egyptologist smiled at her. “Let us continue then”
Last edited by Caesar73 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

I think we need to see more of Evie, so to speak.
Spy Task Force Completed
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Mmm... I feel there are two things in this chapters included to tell the reader some facts, when I believe it should have been better to show them (instead of tell): the first one, is the explanation of why they didn't bring in the Ank-Sun-Amun's minions. Sure thing, placing two people in the trunk at daylight would look suspicious. But they had already knocked them out and placed them inside their own car. Couldn't they restrain them in a quick fashion. Not a hogtie or anything complicated, but tying their hands, feet and gag. Once inside a car, it's hard for outsiders to look inside. It feels a bit of a forced explanation to why they didn't do it.

The second, is Evie being told as bossy. Evie demands/asks for three things (two and a half actually) in this chapter. And she uses the word "please" in two of them. And she comes up as bossy? I feel it should be better to show them bossing around Amanda and Sybil instead of the characters thinking she's bossy with no evidence to the readers.

(Same happened last story with Anna: all the characters calling her emotional but she wasn't doing anything emotional).

Having said that... I also want to see Evie Callahan more.

It's a huge, but I mean HUGE refresh here in the story. Pretty much other good women (or in the good side, considering Sarah) were essentially turned into Christine's minion. A bit mindless, with no clear purpose other than to serve and follow Christine. You may also include Kate Beckett, and I don't know how her precint gets controlled with its captain so long away. They have little personality and are just there to do the dirty work. Sure, some of them have background, but so far they are easily confused because they lack of proper motivation.

Not Evie. She clearly has her own motivations, her own purpose. She has her own personality. At this point, I don't care if Ank-Sun-Amun comes in and bombs everybody in the room... except for Professor Callahan. Not Evie, please. Her inclusion adds too much to the story because of what I mentioned earlier. It shows that a character may be an independent person on her own and still be on the good side (Dark Lady, I'm looking at you).

Looking forward to see what happens to Evie.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Interesting part, and a great find by the crew. To me, it almost seems to good to be true: How can something survive for so long unnoticed? It would be an even bigger (and not by a small margin) discovery than the sheet music. The lack of skepticism at Evie's side surprises me. Not only should she be very careful with this papyrus (she allows oxygen to make contact with it, which could ruin everything), but far more rigorous tests are required.

Also, Sybil surprises me with her skills. Her being surprised she encountered cryptogrqaphy can't crack would make many renowned intelligence agencies jealous.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Interesting part, and a great find by the crew. To me, it almost seems to good to be true: How can something survive for so long unnoticed? It would be an even bigger (and not by a small margin) discovery than the sheet music. The lack of skepticism at Evie's side surprises me. Not only should she be very careful with this papyrus (she allows oxygen to make contact with it, which could ruin everything), but far more rigorous tests are required.

Also, Sybil surprises me with her skills. Her being surprised she encountered cryptogrqaphy can't crack would make many renowned intelligence agencies jealous.
Indeed a great discovery :) To your first question: The tomb of King Tut for instance was found only by accident so such a minor artefact (small in terms of size not relevance) could be hidden for a long time. A lot of the great discoveries in Egypt were made by pure chance. And who knows whst is still hidden under the sand?

According to conservative estimations a lot of things :) Complete cities even.

About Evies handling of the scroll: I kept that simple, because I had the feeling that this chapter was in parts already like a lecture in Egyptology :)

To Sybil: Sybil graduated at the MIT at a very early age, so I dare say, she has the necessary skills. We will learn more about that at a later point, I cannot say more at the moment :) I had two characters in mind, when I invented her character, both from the original cast of the Series NCIS: McGee and Abby :) Abby without gothic attire :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic