Film Project (m+/m+)

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Film Project (m+/m+)

Post by Detective-Gag »

It was a rare occurrence that either tie up games or being gagged came up in my normal day-to-day activities…particularly at school.

So it was surprising whenever it actually “did” happen.

This sort of occurrence wasn’t exactly a tie-up game, per se…there was an instance during a video production class where I…and a number of my classmates…were tied & gagged.

Our assignment was to create a short film (pretty standard), and we were divided into small groups for the project. The initial meeting involved figuring what kind of short film we wanted to create, the genre, etc…

After bouncing some ideas around, one of the other guys in the group suggested an action movie…and then eventually the idea evolved into a “Die Hard” parody.

The premise was pretty much the same: a group of thieves infiltrate an office building, taking the staff hostage, and the action hero would take out the bad guys one by one.

We started discussing who would play what roles…I found myself among the group of students who didn’t mind being in the movie; but didn’t want to play a leading role…basically, just extras.

On the day we scheduled to record the movie, we got to use an empty classroom, and me and my group partners gathered there. There were long discussions about how the scene should be filmed…but eventually the conversation led to a point where the extras playing the hostages should just be tied up.

I, of course, was thrilled by the decision…though I down-played my excitement so as not to make a big deal over it.

Myself and about five other students all took our places in the center of the classroom, sitting in the desk chairs. Then, one of the guys in charge of the props produced some rolls of silver duct tape…apparently, someone in the production anticipated this!

One by one, we were taped to the desk chairs, as the crew wrapped the long strips around the backs of the chairs, taping our arms to our sides.

Thing is, the tape was pretty tight…they went around so many times; I doubted that we’d have been able to get free, even if we wanted to. They went a bit crazy with it, too…started wrapping our legs together.

Then someone suggested that they put tape over our mouths; and my heart nearly skipped a beat.

Those taped to the chairs began debating this with the rest of the group, asking if that would be alright & whether or not it was necessary. By the end of it, the group came to a consensus and agreed to go along with it, because A) we wouldn’t need to write any additional dialogue for the script portion of the assignment, and B) we all thought it would be funny.

So, one person at a time, they tore off some strips of duct tape, and pressed them over our mouths. Almost immediately, we all started mumbling at each other through the tape gags, laughing & trying to figure out what each of us were saying.

It was like the tape over our mouths was having the OPPOSITE effect; it was a miracle that we were able to quiet down long enough to actually start filming the video project.

Eventually, we did start recording the scene…it was your typical, low-budget school video: the bad guys had long-haired wigs & crappy fake mustaches, communicating dramatically through walkie-talkies as they stood around us, the hostages. The people holding the camcorders did a few recordings from different angles, while myself and the other hostages sat silently in our chairs, doing our best not to look directly at the cameras. Every now and then, one of us in the chairs would struggle for the camera, straining against the duct tape, or grunting into our gags.

We weren’t actors; but it was fun.

The best part was when our version of Bruce Willis’s cheesy action-hero burst onto the scene, to record the part where he takes out the bad guys in a mock fist-fight: the recording crew told us to all mumble through our gags at once when they entered the room.

So as soon as the student playing the hero dove in through the door, the classroom immediately filled with a booming chorus of “Mmmmmmmphhhh!!”

That was pretty sweet.

Once we got enough “footage”; our part of the video was completed, and they unwrapped the tape so we could record one final scene of all us hostages fleeing from the room. And…that was a wrap, so to speak.

The rest of the group recorded the other parts of the project; and the last I heard of it was that it needed to be edited before it was submitted.

Weirdly, I don’t even know if our part of the scene even made it into the final project…but we still received the credit.

A shame, though…I never got a copy of the clip!
squirrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by squirrel »

Interesting story. I would definitely watch this movie! :)
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: SQUIRREL'S STORIES

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks for posting this. We don't get enough of the "innocent"-type stories.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Xtc wrote: 1 year ago Thanks for posting this. We don't get enough of the "innocent"-type stories.
Many thanks!

Honestly, those are the sorts of stories that I prefer.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic