How it all started (did I stand a chance?)Pt2 FF/+m

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
Happytie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

How it all started (did I stand a chance?)Pt2 FF/+m

Post by Happytie »

Part 2
The lady doing the examining was another first aid instructor and she asked me how I found the experience.
“It was ok… all that bandaging seems quite difficult, it must take a lot of practice!”
“Oh yes, but the girls work hard.”
“I guess it’s an important skill.”
“Why don’t you come to cadets and learn for yourself… unfortunately it’s a girls unit, but as your mum’s an instructor I’m sure we can arrange it… maybe you should be our resident casualty and then you can learn on the way.”
“That sounds ok… and it will give me a break from my brothers and sister.”

I seemed to prove popular with the girls who all seemed to take delight in making me blush, but the four girls already featured in part 1 seemed to give me most attention and got to practice on me most often, particularly on the more immobilising of tasks.

The first session of note was dealing with a broken collar bone. Angela and Naomi bagged me as their casualty and set about me with enthusiasm.
Naomi prepared two rings of bandages which she slipped over my shoulders, holding them to the outside, whilst Angela put another bandage through the loops and firmly pulled them towards each other, pulling my shoulders back so I could hardly move my upper arms.
“Does that feel good?”
I nodded.
“Ok, now we need to hold them there”
With that two bandages were wrapped over my arms and tied so they were immunised to my body.
“Perhaps we should tie his hands as well?”
I was just about to protest that they were not told to do that when the instructors said it was time to pack up, so I was released, much to the disappointment of my “nurses”.

The next session was to be about fractured legs. Naomi, Elizabeth and Mary grabbed me and I soon found myself on the floor being administered to by the three girls.
First, Mary grabbed my leg above and below the “break”. Naomi grabbed a handful of supplies whilst Lizzie held my foot, pushing my toe towards my head and pulling down on my heel.
They straightened my leg and kept a tight grip while Naomi slid bandages under the hollows of my legs and wiggled them into position.
The bottom, narrow-fold, bandage was placed under my ankles and pulled up over the top of my feet, where the ends were crossed and passed under the soles of my feet. Naomi tightly knotted the bandage under my feet, so when Lizzie removed her grip I was already helpless.
“That’s stopped you running away!”
Next, the girls stuffed some padding between my legs and tied the bandages above and below the “fracture” so Mary could let go of me.
The girls took great care in slowly pulling the other bandages as tight as they could. Over my knees and around my thighs.
Angela snuck over to our group and asked me if I was enjoying it.
Mary ushered her away and insisted on holding my shoulders whilst the other two held my hands while the instructor inspected their work. Needless to say, it was immaculate, which meant I had to stay bound until all the other girls had inspected the bandaging, testing the tightness and commenting on my helplessness.
Session three was more advanced, resulting in me having a “broken back”.
The normal suspects were joined by Valerie.
A long padded splints were placed under my armpits and ran all the way to my feet.
The girls placed padding in all places to avoid discomfort, then set about tying the bandages. Ankles, knees and thighs, like the broken leg. Then my wrists, elbows and shoulders to my body.
With the splints I was totally unable to move. I was left like that while the girls had their refreshments, funnily enough, the other casualties were released. Naomi and Lizzie kept me company and stopped other girls embarrassing me too much. Again the other girls had to inspect my bandages before I was untied.

A couple of weeks later I was back in the same predicament. The five girls and I were asked to arrive early so I could be prepared.
From my helpless position on the floor the whole group had to take it in turns, in groups to move me carefully onto a stretcher. This involved lots of hands holding me whilst I was rolled onto my side so a blanket could be placed under me. It was always one of the girls already introduced who held my head, each one reassuring me that I was in good hands. Each time I was moved onto the stretcher, then removed for the next group.

The last group left me on the stretcher so the instructor could explain how to secure me to it.
With the help of Mary and Angela I was slowly roped down. Then it was refreshment break again!
Lizzie and Valerie insisted in looking after me.

After juice and biscuits the girls had to test how effective the lashings were, so teams had to carry me out of the room, down stairs and outside, around the building then return to the hall.
I desperately hoped no one would see me outside, but the girls took great delight in showing me off to some passers by. I nearly died from embarrassment but strangely found it exciting.
Finally the ultimate test, the stretcher was turned upside down and the handles placed on two tables, so I was hanging from my bonds.

I was turned up the right way and they girls, working in pairs, were given Barbie dolls, model stretchers and string to replicate my position. Using me as reference all the girls practiced successfully and I was finally untied by the usual suspects.