Making Stocks

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Making Stocks

Post by Sheriff »

Hey guys, has anyone here made a set of stocks? I got hold of some lumber and I'm planning to make a set. Looking for ideas or advice!
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]Sheriff[/mention]. There is a YouTuber that I tend to watch called Steve Ramsey for wood working ideas and he did a video on diy stocks that looks really good, but would just need a few adjustments for this type of use. I would love to make one one day but I do not have a place to store them at the moment since I live with my parents.
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sheriff »

[mention]Solarbeast[/mention]

Great recommendation, looks like this gu's videos are going to be super helpful, thanks a bunch :D
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
hb54
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by hb54 »

I've just watched his videos. My first thought was that these stocks were not really serious. The head is no problem to hold in place, but he must make much smaller vrist holes to hold the vrists in place.

If you did not find the video you can use this link
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

[mention]hb54[/mention]. You’ve got to realize though that he is not making the stocks for any other purpose than as a Halloween type of decoration, and this video I thought really showed you how to make stocks if you have no history in wood working. Plus, he is not into actually trying to keep the person in the stocks like we are. So with that in mind if you want it tighter than don’t cut as much out of the wood as he did in those spots.
iliketights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by iliketights »

Shouldn't the title of that video be "How to Make a Pillory"? A pillory is for wrists and neck. Stocks are for ankles. At least that's what Wikipedia says. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic