What Makes An Image Stand Out?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
Dukes_91
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

What Makes An Image Stand Out?

Post by Dukes_91 »

Exactly what the title says, what, in a tug photo, makes it stand out from the rest?
FacelessMage
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FacelessMage »

For me it's a combination of clear resolution, quality ties/bondage, an attractive model, and still maintaining a sort of "amateur" quality to it.
TheOldPirate
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TheOldPirate »

The security of the bondage, the environment, the model's attractiveness, her pose & positioning and, perhaps most importantly, the look in her eyes. I'm aware that these gals aren't in any actual peril, but they're often pretending they are, acting. And sometimes the camera captures that fear, trepidation, worry, concern, the illusion that they're actually in trouble.

The best of these turn up in amateur pics/vids but can be scarce as hen's teeth. Not as many amateur bondage vids are post online as other vids, and even fewer having anything vaguely resembling actual tie-ups. But every now and again...

I strive to make all of my pics and vids of Grace have this quality. And always she delivers, and in spades.

Pics and vids are freely available to any who ask. Keep in mind Grace is 61, so she's not traditionally cute and sexy.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Ooh, good question.

Let’s see…

1) Gag - at least for me, my focus is usually immediately drawn to the gag covering the damsel’s mouth. It’s the source of muffled frustration, the icing on the cake, the sugar on the cream…and probably the cutest part of a damsel-in-distress’s struggle. A nice OTM or tape gag, to accentuate the second most appealing part of an image…

2) Expression - closely intertwined with the first detail, a damsel’s expression tells a story. Are they defiant? Surprised? Fearful? Irritated? The gag removes the words, but serves to make the facial expression’s stand out more. Specifically, the damsel’s eyes become much more captivating.

3) Ropework - personal preference; the way the rope is tied serves to accentuate the other physical features of the damsel. It also leads directly into the next element…

4) Pose - is the damsel standing? Lying down? Stuffed inside a closet or trunk? Hopping around? Tied to a chair? Struggling? Similar to a facial expression, the way the damsel is posed determines a lot about the action in a given image.

5) Angle - the way a shot is framed can have a substantial effect on the tone…angled down, with the damsel looking up at you, gives the appearance of feeling small; and adds to the distress & helplessness of the tone. Some people like the angle where the damsel is sitting up against a wall, with their feet directly in front of the “camera” (if ya like feet; you probably go nuts over these angles).
Niceandtight31
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Niceandtight31 »

For me its about a multitude of things, the attractiveness of the model,how tightly the model is tied, how sexy is the outfit(or lack of outfit), the setting and definitely the angles the pictures are taken from....also a models facial expression!
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Facial expression, as some others have said, can definitely make a big impression, as well as body language. I enjoy the combination of a good gag with pleading eyes looking at the camera. I've also encountered a few with the tied person having a good cheeky smile, which is a very different vibe but still good, can tell they're very much enjoying themself.

If it's rope bondage, fancy ropework is always nice. Not everyone can do shibari, but I definitely appreciate those who can.

While I like amateur pics, more professional/posed ones can do some more. I like ones that have some kind of scenario or theme to them, like you can imagine the scene taking place around it.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

It all depends on what you like, when you see it, you will know ! 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic