Missed Opportunities

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
caquernham
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Missed Opportunities

Post by caquernham »

I spoke recently with a high school sweetheart now attending school in another part of the country. She brought up, completely unprompted, that she had always wanted to try bondage, but was afraid to ask. The revelation hit me like a truck. I never tried to involve her in any tie-up games because I didn't want to make her uncomfortable, but it turns out she would have enjoyed them too.

It got me thinking about other opportunities to tie people up that I never seized. Some were bad opportunities that would obviously have had consequences, and I was right in my my judgement to refuse them. Others were tremendous chances, and the fact that I refused them fills me with soul-crushing regret.

I would like to hear about some of y'all's missed opportunities for tie-up games. They're disappointing, for sure, but it's fun to fantasize about what could have been.
caquernham
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by caquernham »

In college, I joined the rowing team. It was a fun and unique activity that made me some very close and long-lasting friendships. But during one of our regattas, an opportunity to... tighten the bonds of friendship... presented itself, and I feel like a fool to this day for not taking it.

The regatta was over and the team had just finished loading the boats onto the trailer for the drive home. One of the girls, a cute, tall brunette named Maggie, had been using a roll of duct tape to secure some loose straps and other items. She finished, and, approaching a group of us, made a fantastic suggestion.

"Since it's the last regatta of the season, someone should get duct taped for the ride home. I suggest Kate, because she's right there."

She gestured towards the adorable petite blonde who was standing right beside me, within arm's reach. Several possibilities flashed through my mind. I could easily grab Kate and help Maggie tie her up. I could suggest we tie up Maggie instead, since she had made the suggestion. I could tie both of them up myself. There was plenty of tape.

The thought then entered my imagination of a big old bondage witch hunt that would leave an increasing number of teammates struggling for freedom. Perhaps I would find myself among the captives, and I wasn't quite in the mood. Perhaps Kate wasn't in the mood either. Perhaps she would raise a stink. It had rained all day, and there was mud everywhere. This, plus our poor performance in the regatta, made a few of us visibly dejected.

So I ignored Maggie, and so did the rest of the team. I've been kicking myself ever since.

I imagine turning the attention on Maggie. She brought it on herself, making a suggestion like that. We could have snatched the tape from her hands, trussed her right up, then carried her, bound and gagged, onto the bus for the ride home. How sweet her whimpers would have been from the back of the bus for the duration of the drive. Oh well.

It was not the first opportunity I had squandered, nor would it be the last.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

I originally posted this in another thread, but it fits much better here.

When I was around 20, I was still pretty reserved about my fetishes, and had only acted on/discussed them with my only girlfriend who I had dumped the year before. A buddy of mine introduces me to a new circle of friends. One girl, who we'll call "Katie", started flirting with me, to the point of leaving a suggestive hand-written note with her email and phone number on it in my pants pocket. Now, Katie happened to be an ex-girlfriend of my friend, but being young and opportunistic as I was, and having never had a girl show such interest in me, AND I should mention that Katie was/is hella attractive and to this day remains the hottest chick I've ever slept with...well I just got ahead of myself. We started a fling where I would go to her place and we would have sex. This lasted a month or two before guilt and weirdness between me and my friend got the better of me and Katie and I stopped fooling around, and she even eventually got back together with my friend.

This is getting more long winded than I had planned, but here comes the TUG part. One night not long after calling off our fling, Katie and I were chatting on msn messenger. For you youngsters out there, MSN messenger was kinda the first version of texting that had to be done on your computer. Randomly, she sends me a gif image that cycles through a handful of BDSM images, of women bound and gagged. I am shocked. Still trying to act "normal", I ask "who's what's that?" To which she replies something like "I dunno, I'm kinda into that stuff." Again, I am floored. At this point I drop the veil and confess that I too am into bondage, and if only I had known while we were fooling around! She merely shrugs it off and says oh well, but man I STILL see it as the biggest wasted opportunity of my life. :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic